Jordan trade to Philly? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jordan trade to Philly?

I dont get why people give up on jordan. He had a decent rookie season playing a new position then struggled last year but thats due to our coaches. Coaches wanted him to gain 30 or so pounds to play d end and thats what he did. Wasnt his idea to do it and it sucks that he cheated to try to do it but to me that speaks about who he is and thats a coachable talented young player. He did what the coaches asked and when they asked him to do it for the TEAM. Steriods only helps you recover faster, he still spent hours in the gym a day to gain that weight. Can we really blame him for not playing well and with no explosion if he was only doing what the coaches had asked him to do?

Why would we trade him when his cap hit would accelerate and cause us to gain nothing and lose a little over 6.6 million in dead $.

It's an absolute no brainer to give Jordan another shot next season.

It's an absolute no brainer to give Jordan another shot next season.

The smart thing to do would be to give Jordan another shot under a coaching staff that could figure out what he's good at and where to play him! If he is a tremendous athlete, a smart coaching staff would change up their schemes to get him on the field. Too bad Miami doesn't have a smart coaching staff...

We still don't know what we have in Jordan except the fact he is an excellent athlete for a big man. Let's figure it out before we dump him for a 5th round pick.

Agree I hope we finally use him this year he is such a great talent for not using him

btw, I am not against keeping Jordon. I do believe he has underachieved and the 6 game suspension sucked.

A trade of Jordan saves us nothing on the cap, actually costs us an extra $1M, NOT gonna happen.

Perhaps if this were Philbin's 2nd year, but with Joe's clenched ass in the hot seat, I don't think you're going to see him willing to put a sub-par Jordan on the field in a starting position for which he's thus far shown little affinity.
im afraid of this. Is his sphincter going to cease up every time we have a 4th and 1 decision to make, etc. These playoffs or fired seasons are generally unhealthy for a coaches rectum...and us fan's cardiovascular well-being.

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

Year 3 Dion, show us something !!!
That photo in your sig is AWESOME!!! Shots like that were hard to get back then. Wow that is cool. Fernandez looks 2x the size of everyone in that frame.

Jordan is a complete miscast in this system, and if we could trade him to get a player that could really help us like a corner or a true middle linebacker, I'd look to deal him.

It all depends on the market. If you can recoup a 2nd, or even a 3rd, round pick for Jordan, cut your losses. This team should not feel obligated to continue to pay for Ireland's sins. If you can't get a 3rd or better, you should keep him.

We gotta see what Jordan can do before moving or dumping him....we used a #3 overall pick on him.

An extra million won't stop a trade if Philly makes the right offer for Jordan.

Maybe not, but what he's going to cost Philly against their cap ($5.6 and $6.5 mil the next two years) will limit how much they are going to offer us for him. He's literally done next to nothing in two years in the NFL. I doubt Philly would risk that money and a pick valuable enough that it makes it worth us to us to take a cap hit to get him.

I have thought about this and posted.

If a trade down could happen in 1st round for us it would be Philly IMO and we could make Jordan part of that to get like their 2nd and one of their 5th rounders and that would be good for me because this draft is the one we need to score on post suh. And Jordan's salary comes off the books.

Not players in 2016? too much can happen.

Trade him and you've just added $6,670,836 dead money

Back
Top Bottom