Josh Rosen Trade An ‘absolute No-brainer’ Move For Miami Dolphins - Tim Hasselbeck | Nfl Live 5/5

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin Fan in Cali, May 5, 2019.

1. Fin Fan in Cali

Fin Fan in Cali Joanne Shaw Taylor Super Donator Finheaven VIP Donator

Dan Graziano, Tim Hasselbeck and Mike Tannenbaum explain how the Dolphins acquiring Josh Rosen via a draft-day trade gives Miami a quarterback option for the future. Hasselbeck says he loves the deal given Rosen’s upside and the compensation of the deal.

2. finfinfin

finfinfin FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Thank you Tannenbaum for not completely depleting our roster.

3. andyahs

andyahs Bahamian Redneck Finheaven VIP Donator

Lots of feel good stories about this trade. Thank goodness Tannenbaum wasn't here to offer up two firsts for Rosen.

Last edited: May 5, 2019
    buzdoubt, mzimmpa, Tailgun and 6 others like this.
  4. outlawd2u

outlawd2u Pro Bowler Finheaven VIP

It sure will be interesting to see what Flores does against the Pat's on D. I dont think we have the chess pieces to beat them, but I'm sure we will see a better gameplan defensively against them than we have in a long time.

5. rev kev

rev kev THE DEFLATOR

We don’t have the chess pieces to compete in AFCE but give it two more years and we will be on top of the division

phinsgohard06, 13marino13 and Manning like this.
  6. Manning

Manning Scout Team

The headline should read TBums take on the Rosen trade. The whole thing made me uncomfortable for poor ol TBum but I could wait to here his take on it

7. Martel13

Martel13 Since '84 Super Donator

Is there anyone NOT happy we got Rosen? I have yet to talk to anyone who thinks it was a bad move

Spiff likes this.
  8. studsatele

studsatele Starter Super Donator

Depending on the coaching staff and we continue drafting like we have the past several seasons, it's not impossible.

phinsgohard06 and coalesce like this.
  9. jazz015

jazz015 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

T-Baum talking a big game when we all know he would have traded 3 firsts for Rosen

10. PhxSunFan34

PhxSunFan34 Well-Known Member

Yeah there's 3 or 4 on these forums that hate it. I think it's bc they really want tua more than anything.

11. mwestberry

mwestberry FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Well... it happened last season with the Lions... former NE Coach.... it probably "isn't the same" in some minds but it's relative and it can be done

12. mwestberry

mwestberry FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I have said it along with others... there is no "tank for Tua" going on... there's no "tank" with careers that are short and could end on any snap... coaches making a name for themselves.... this team had a plan and are executing it... whatever the record is next year they will evaluate and move forward.... they WANT to win as bad as any team out there IMO

Rosen is a win/win situation and I am glad we have him AND a solid back up …. If for some reason he is NOT the "Chosen" one we are in a good place to draft a QB next year while building our team (and keeping Rosen as a back up or trading him to a QB hungry team)

For the first time in a minute our team is trending on the plus side of successful IMO

Finuk, coalesce and Spiff like this.
  13. volk

volk Seasoned Veteran

I am one who doesn’t care for the move. Honestly has nothing to do with Tua or any other specific prospect, really.

I simply believe everyone is judging this trade only by compensation, which I agree was solid and unusually shrewd for Miami. It is missing the point,though, to simply evaluate it this way.

Truth is, the trade will be successful only if Rosen sees a complete 180 from Arizona, and if not, is evaluated quickly and moved on from in time to get a new blue chip prospect. The coaching staff will make this trade amazing or a nightmare. There is now a potential QB controversy in Miami and a poor set of tools for Rosen to succeed. So no, not thrilled.

14. russianbear

russianbear FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Yes - the trade itself was great. Good value, well-executed, now we have a QB prospect.

The trouble could come in how we handle it over the next few years. If Rosen ends up being a great QB, it's a fairy tale scenario for the Dolphins.

fin415 and j-off-her-doll like this.
  15. PhxSunFan34

PhxSunFan34 Well-Known Member

Ok then, so maybe it's not Tua specifically, but another prospect. Anyone but Rosen pretty much. Which to me is funny. Rosen is just as likely to become a franchise QB as any of them. It's not as they have guarantees coming with them.

Vaark, Spiff and Mach2 like this.