Josh Rosen Vs. Ryan Fitzpatrick | Pff

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by DKphin, May 18, 2019.

1. Ferretsquig

Ferretsquig Perennial All-Pro

It may be tougher for the fans to evaluate the skill positions but I don't think that's the case for the coaches. They know when the wide receiver makes the right read, is able to beat his man and get in position even if the ball is thrown 10 ft over his head. The biggest problem with having a lousy QB is an offense that can't stay on the field and has fewer plays to showcase those skills.

I find it very hard to believe that you could convince yourself that those 4-6 games where Fitzpatrick looks like a pro bowler is worth passing up on a free trial season of Rosen.

John Biello likes this.
  2. PhxSunFan34

PhxSunFan34 Well-Known Member

In my opinion, the OL holds the majority of the blame for the offense not being able to stay on the field. The constant false starts, holding penalties and allowance of free rushers has constantly ended drives.

3. The Ghost

The Ghost Stamos Donator

I agree more with this, than what anyone else has said.

I don't think there is an actual QB competition taking place. Ryan Fitzpatrick, barring injury, is going to start week 1. That will have no bearing on Rosen's long term viability for us despite the conclusions some fans and media will draw instantly for the "competition".

Dan Marino is a constant reminder of what this team needs....

More than just the best QB ever.

Draft picks and assets.

Lots and lots of draft high picks.

They tore it all down and started over. Josh Rosen isn't going to change that plan. He's just another player with a shot. Rosen will be on the team in 2020 regardless of how 2019 unfolds.

I say all this securely knowing I probably think a lot higher of Rosen than just about anyone else. I loved the kids talent a year ago and I like him just as much now.

Having Tua/Fromm/Herbert and Rosen on the team in 2020 isn't the conundrum some might think it is. It's a distinct possibility.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019 at 12:52 PM
  4. fansinceGWilson

fansinceGWilson FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

I agree with this EXCEPT if Rosen turns it on and, by game 2 PS, is undeniably better than RF. There are some who make this either/or. Rosen starts game 1 or he SUCKS!! No room for any other interpretation. Since no one knows Flores' mind, it's all speculation.

5. The Ghost

The Ghost Stamos Donator

I hear ya. I am pretty sure the whole thing will be "controlled" in an attempt to make them both look good. They will spin it as the vet with the big salary get's first crack.

I want Rosen to take the job, obviously. I want him to be so good Fitzpatrick doesn't even get 1st team reps in the preseason. I don't for one second want Ryan Fitzpatrick QBing the Miami Dolphins. I can wait though. I know the key to the whole thing is draft assets.

For me a perfect scenario is JR taking over a 1-9 team and going 4-2 in 6 starts.

Call me greedy but I want Rosen to play well AND have a top 3 pick (that I can trade).

6. djphinfan

djphinfan Perennial All-Pro

Really good post..with all the things that were bad on that team last year, with the talent level he does have, it’s really a hard evaluation to have any conviction on..really is.

BlueFin likes this.
  7. CoryMatthews

CoryMatthews Well-Known Member

If you are taking any analysis from wingding you are doing it wrong.

And Fitzpatrick is going to play all year.

8. BlueFin

BlueFin Seer of Visions Finheaven VIP

The point is it’s too early to say he’s not ready...

9. Ferretsquig

Ferretsquig Perennial All-Pro

The fault in that logic is that the inevitable top 5 pick is worth so much more than all the picks Grier has been hoarding. Screw it up and the repercussions are felt for the next decade. And drafting one QB when you already have the answer on the roster is screwing it up.

They can't go into next year's draft not knowing what Rosen is. Misjudging him like the Chargers did with Brees will carry far more cost than any other course of action.