Josh Sitton visiting fins | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Josh Sitton visiting fins

Fingers crossed he hasn't left because they're still hammering out the details.

staying till tomorrow better than leaving tonight. No state tax in Florida. I believe there's state tax in Illinois so that helps us. We can really use a guard like him

Ozzy rules!!

I'm sure they want to show him the facility and meet the coaches and whatever players are around like Tannehill. He is signing , I have very little doubt . That's why 17restructured his contract at 4:20 PM.

I will say this today tonight and supposedly tom was absloutely perfect weather. I mean you couldn’t ask for better as he got off the plane.

Maybe his agent is fielding calls from other teams though tonight etc. im just really cautiously optimistic- he obviously has other suiters so.

I'm sure they want to show him the facility and meet the coaches and whatever players are around like Tannehill. He is signing , I have very little doubt . That's why 17restructured his contract at 4:20 PM.

That could have been done so they can get some other players as well ie TE DT etc not just for him per say.

staying till tomorrow better than leaving tonight. No state tax in Florida. I believe there's state tax in Illinois so that helps us. We can really use a guard like him

Ozzy rules!!
Oh, there's state tax in illinois. Lots of it.

What is he going to get a 10 year contract?
Ziegler previously signed a contract worth 60M. There is a short list of top tier linemen in FA. I said it was just a feeling. He is gonna get paid! I'm thinking the number is going to surprise many. Same age as Norwell who just got 60M. I think Pugh is better. Guess we'll see.

Very true but with a repaired knee , I think the coaches and front office wants to make a big effort to protect Ryan as best as they can.I'm sure they let Ryan know their plan, Gase communicates with a lot of his players especially Ryan. I truly believe they will finally get this O line in the right direction. Sitton is a great start .

I don't see him leaving Miami tomorrow. They wanted to retool the offense, well this is the guy that basically completes the job. Tunsil/Sitton/Pouncey/Davis/James would be the best line that we've had probably since the early 2000s or at least when Long and Smiley were healthy.

Ozzy rules!!
Probably the 5th highest State tax bracket. Illinois sucks balls I envy all of you Floridians. But I don't claim Chicago only a little over an hour away from St. Louis.

With our luck, by game 4 he'll end up with some rare blister on his big toe that effects his ability to step sideways. We'll guatantee him 30 mil and be ****ed once again. That or he'll provide input on the bubble screen blocking that opposes Gases view and he'll be shipped over to the Eagles for a cheese steak.

Ziegler previously signed a contract worth 60M. There is a short list of top tier linemen in FA. I said it was just a feeling. He is gonna get paid! I'm thinking the number is going to surprise many. Same age as Norwell who just got 60M. I think Pugh is better. Guess we'll see.

Have you seen how many games Pugh has missed
2-2-5-8 in the last 4 years

As for being better than ALL-PRO
Norwell I don't see it...but we can agree to disagree

I mean if you shouldn’t expect anything from a 5th round pick then Miami shouldn’t be drafting them to begin with.

I expect players (not including kickers)
drafted like this to produce as such:

1st-2nd round- impact, elite players

3rd-4th round- above average, solid depth players

5th-6th round- average, mediocre players

7th round- undrafted- anything of the above is gravy. But most likely below average here.

So i expect Asiata to be at least mediocre for a 5th rd pick.

I think you guys severely misunderstood my point.

People are clamoring that Asiata is a bust because he didn't see the field. Can a 5th round pick really be a bust?

I didn't say that 5th rounders never have an impact. But someone else mentioned Reshad...It took him a few years to get acclimated to the NFL.

And most 5th round picks teams make don't go on to do anything.

And also, if you're expecting elite players in round 2, you're doomed to be let down. From 2012-2016 (5 drafts) 21 second round picks have made the pro bowl. So 13%.

Sorry, your expectation is not a reality.

5th round players are what they are—project picks who will likely make no impact in the NFL. They last that long because they haven't stood out from the pack.

Sure, sometimes you'll hit on a Zach Thomas or a Reshad Jones, but you'll mostly end up with a Jordan Tripp or AJ Edds.

Definitely a step in the right direction. Even at that age you habe to expect 2 or 3 of your starters to be passed their prime.

Signing him gives Miami the ultimate prize their after: draft flexibilty.

We dont have a bad team folks. We were just dreadful at 4 positions. LB, OG, TE and obviously QB.

No free agent signee or drafted rookie could possibly make the impact a healthy Ryan Tannehill will for Miami.

If they can lock down Sitton, all focus turns to LB and TE.

Not many holes guys, at least not to the extent the doom and gloomers would want to believe. You can spot them instantly when you see the word Baker in their posts.

Back
Top Bottom