Josh Sitton visiting fins | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Josh Sitton visiting fins

I mean if you shouldn’t expect anything from a 5th round pick then Miami shouldn’t be drafting them to begin with.

I expect players (not including kickers)
drafted like this to produce as such:

1st-2nd round- impact, elite players

3rd-4th round- above average, solid depth players

5th-6th round- average, mediocre players

7th round- undrafted- anything of the above is gravy. But most likely below average here.

So i expect Asiata to be at least mediocre for a 5th rd pick.
Zack Thomas, Yeremiah Bell, Rodney Harrison and Antonio Brown off top of my head say "hi"

I don't like signing older players with one or two year windows, but if the cost is reasonable I guess you make the move and home to draft a guard in 2019. Can't plug all holes with young talent from one draft.

I mean if you shouldn’t expect anything from a 5th round pick then Miami shouldn’t be drafting them to begin with.

I expect players (not including kickers)
drafted like this to produce as such:

1st-2nd round- impact, elite players

3rd-4th round- above average, solid depth players

5th-6th round- average, mediocre players

7th round- undrafted- anything of the above is gravy. But most likely below average here.

So i expect Asiata to be at least mediocre for a 5th rd pick.

Realisticly if you get 12 elite level players in the entire first and second round of the draft you're above the norm. I think it's rare that you find a ton of players that are going to enter the NFL and be head heals over a vast majority of the NFL starters out the gate.

My only issue is age and recent injury history. I'm all in on offensive linemen, period. Anything that furthers that unit to respectability. I'm just afraid of another Smiley, a good guard who played at a decent clip....But couldn't stay healthy.

Back
Top Bottom