JP Losman is not the answer | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

JP Losman is not the answer

TheShamash9

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Please, please stop saying that Losman is a gift from heaven to the Dolphins. I am a student at Tulane and have seen Losman play on numerous occasions. For some reason guys like Mel Kiper absolutely LOVE this guy and blame his supporting cast. The offensive supporting cast is really not that bad. RB Mewelde Moore is the top all around back in the nation and Roydell Williams is a solid receiver. While Losman has great size and a pretty good arm, he makes poor decisions (like Fiedler) and I personally blame him for some of our losses. One positive though, the guy takes a beating in the pocket and keeps getting up.

and hes got an attitude, which we could use on the offensive side of the ball... hes young, decision making can improve, arm strength cant. we dont want him to come in and start next year, but you dont think he has potential in a year or two to be the guy?

Originally posted by TheShamash9
Please, please stop saying that Losman is a gift from heaven to the Dolphins. I am a student at Tulane and have seen Losman play on numerous occasions. For some reason guys like Mel Kiper absolutely LOVE this guy and blame his supporting cast. The offensive supporting cast is really not that bad. RB Mewelde Moore is the top all around back in the nation and Roydell Williams is a solid receiver. While Losman has great size and a pretty good arm, he makes poor decisions (like Fiedler) and I personally blame him for some of our losses. One positive though, the guy takes a beating in the pocket and keeps getting up.

You obviously have a good perspective on Losman. Personally, I think it's hard to name any of these young quarterbacks "the answer". Look at all the QBs who haven't done well in the NFL after having good college careers. Ryan Leaf, Drew Brees (although he's only played two years, so that could change), Gino Toretta, Akili Smith, Chris Weinke (jury may be out on him because he doesn't ever get to play), need I go on? I would say the only QB I would consider a sure-fire bet to succeed is Eli Manning, if only because of the success of his brother and father. But even family lines don't always guarantee success, as we saw with Brian Griese this year (although Brian did have one great season with Denver, in I think 2000). I just think it's really hard to annoint someone the answer before he has ever played a snap of pro football.

i agree about calling any of these guys "the answer" but at some point in the near future itd be nice if the dolphins would at least take a chance on one of the young QBs... whether it's the quirky mechanics of rivers, or losmans poor decision making, the young qbs will all have something wrong with them, but we have to take a chance at getting a franchise QB sometime. Some say manning is overrated and overhyped, others think roethlisberger will be the flop of the two. I just think that if we lose ogun and end up with 2 first rounders we should take a shot at Rivers/Losman, hopefully our new GM can pick the right one.

Hey man I went to Tulane (during the Shaun King undefeated era)....nice to hear another Greenie here (I thought they were all Jets fans...)

What year?

One positive though, the guy takes a beating in the pocket and keeps getting up.

I understood this to be why they say he has a poor supporting cast...bad O-Line....

Man, getting rid of Bowden/Rodriguez was the dumbest thing that AD ever did....

He has bust writen all over him.

Re: Re: JP Losman is not the answer

Originally posted by MaxPower

I understood this to be why they say he has a poor supporting cast...bad O-Line....

Man, getting rid of Bowden/Rodriguez was the dumbest thing that AD ever did....

He makes so many bone head in'ts in college even when he has protection that just clear sign for me to stay away.

Losman might have to be the answer FinFan had a good point that if Rivers really impresses people during the senior bowl he might not make it to the 20th pick. That would piss me off but that is the true. I believe that could happen no matter what happens at the senior bowl unless he does bad. I feel GM's and coaches are looking in his direction anyway. If we as fans can see it you know they can. They just got more on their shoulders they have to draft him and sign him an hope he turns out to be great or good. I just hope they are serious in signing a QB or drafting one.

Originally posted by minus
He has bust writen all over him.

I agree with you there about Rivers. The arm strength is a killer & couple with his mechanic & footwork problems he has I'm a 3rd rounder at best written all over him.

If the dolphins do go after manning. Rothiesberger,Losman or Rivers who ever it may be they need to go ahead an do it. they need some playing time on a good team to help their confidence. If the team happens to fall apart in years to come which I hope not they do not need to start on a bad team. Perfect example Plummer played for arizona an he has been Known for being a medeocer QB because of his supporting cast. He is better with Broncos and will be better next year.

Originally posted by SMadison29

I agree with you there about Rivers. The arm strength is a killer & couple with his mechanic & footwork problems he has I'm a 3rd rounder at best written all over him.

1. correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he said that about Losman (in which case I agree)

2. rivers is one helluva QB. He's mature, dead on accurate, and has a decent arm (50+ yard pass in the atngerine bowl). Does he have the biggest cannon ever? No, but then very few QB's have a "cannon". His arm strenght is more than adequate. It's more about HOW you get it there. Rivers delivers it with snap, nicely thrown balls that will hit the receiver i stride. Look back to the days of Boomer. He had a cannon! But I'll be damned if he could hit a receive rin stride. Fun to watch, but his catches banked HEAVILY on the receivers ability to slow down and outjump the defenders. Rivers on the other hand will throw a tight ball and drop it in their lap on the fly.

He has all the intangibles. COULD he be a bust? yeah he could, but so could ANY QB in the draft. I'm for Eli, then Roth, then Rivers. I woudln't chance anyone but those 3. It's close between rivers and Roth IMO. Roth wins from his athletic ability.

I'd still take Sage over a rookie. He was amazing in pre-season and came in that one game to avoid being shut out. He drove right down the field making crisp, strong throws when Jay couldn't. He's shown ability and already has time under Norv's system and some NFL experience. (and spend the pick on a WR or OL)

you want sage because he looked good in preseason against teams 3rd and 4th string players, and he made throws in one game against backups who hadnt prepared for him and were blowing us out...
ugh

ray lucas looked good in preseason too, let's bring him back

Back
Top Bottom