JP Losman is not the answer | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

JP Losman is not the answer

I went through some of my old ESPN the Magazines and found an article on JP Losman. After reading it I think it's best to pass on him. I wasn't impressed with some of the things he said. I couldn't help but think of Todd Marinovich and Rob Johnson. All of them are from the west coast. All of them are(were) great athletes with an arm and perfect QB size that put up staggering numbers in college and all of them are head cases. He just seems to have an attitude. Which is great if you're a LB or DL but not a QB.
I will say he stuck with his team when it was up in the air on whether or not Tulane would keep the football program. And he seemed to be humbled when Patrick Ramsey was given the starting spot after they shared duties early in the 2000 season. But the article said "His new teamates thought he was brash, that he didn't know his place, that he was a jerk. Wideout Nick Narcisse thinks the guys just misread the new QB."Everyone has his on style," he says. "A lot of us weren't used to his."
I don't know. I'd just be more comfortable with a guy like Philip Rivers who has the respect and trust of his teamates and played well for 4 straight years. And especially in big games. A leader who leads with his play and not his attitude.

GreenFin you are right did anybody see Warner tonight they showed a sideline view of him he looked bad he looked like he was over weight and that he had no sleep in about a week.

Look at Losman's TD/INT ratio. By the way?

Elway was also a west coast QB. He is nothing like two morons you mentioned. He ain't an ******* like Leaf either. The whole headcase things is way overblown. All because a guy has great tools doesn't mean he is going to be a bust. That's ridiculous.

Well Losman doesn't have "great" tools.

He's got armstrength. Thats it. He's 6'2" which is on the short side for a QB, and his mobility is aweful I think I've heard....or at least his leg mechanics are aweful. I'm thinkin that means he cant complete passes on the run and can't run all that well either.

CK where are you getting this from? He is 6-3 220 right now and will get to 230 by the combines.

His leg mechanics may need work but not as much as Rivers. Yes he can complete passes on the run and can run well.

My only problem with Losman is that he reminds me of those guys like Leaf and Marinovich who are put on a pedestal because they are physically gifted QBs. But they have bad attitudes and are arogant and more often than not, they never cut it in the NFL.
Meanwhile, a guy like Rivers who also put up great numbers, is a mature guy, a team player and leader and a winner is looked past because he throws sidearm or doesn't run a 4.7 - 40.
Don't get me wrong, if the Fins drafted Losman I'd be happy. You never know how the kid will be till he's suited up. I'd just hope he is one of those guys who gets his $hit straight and doesn't follow the other gifted arrogant QBs who last 2 years and then you never hear about them again.

Back
Top Bottom