JP Losman = ....... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

JP Losman = .......

LdoubleE80

Starter
Reaction score
Let me say that I've seen both Rivers and Losman play on numerous occassions. For those of you who want Losman...I'm going to have to strongly disagree. A strong arm gets you nowhere without the ability to read a defense and make good decisions. The more I watch Losman, the more I see a QB from just a few years ago, and I think Losman's career will follow the same path.

Losman= Akili Smith

Same mobility, same cannon arm...neither was/will be worth a damn in the league.

Discuss...

Rivers reminds me of john elway, I'll let Dan Marino decide if anything. Marino spent numerous hours that can't be counted with all the miami dolphins fan's fingers watching video and adjusting week after week as a quarterback in the nfl. Philiph Rivers reminds me of Jay Fiedler type mobility and an accurate cannon.

Rivers reminds me of Drew Bledsoe with his delivery believe it or not. not bernie kosar. Becuase of his height and how he zips it in there. He reminds me of Dan when he steps up in the pocket and feels the pressure. Now to read blitzes and defenses im sure dan and trestman could teach him that no prob cus the kid has a great attitude and is smart.

Put Dan Marino, Bernie Kosar, and David Carr in a blender and you have Philip Rivers. Not bad, not bad at all!!!!!

actually i see a LOT of parallels between Losman and Ryan Leaf. Both had canon arms, both had ****y attitudes in college, and both are expected to go in the first round, and b/c of that let it get to their heads. lets hope that wherever Losman goes, he doesn't "pull a leaf." :D

Originally posted by unclemonty
Put Dan Marino, Bernie Kosar, and David Carr in a blender and you have Philip Rivers. Not bad, not bad at all!!!!!

you know you could just say:

"put dan marino, dan marino, and dan marino in a blender and you have phillip rivers."

heh, that would be better!

Losman=great player

the guy was out of his element, his offense in Tulane was nothing but shotgun. give him more then a week (after 4 years) to re-learn a new system (which was developed for Rivers).

It's not fair to stereotype players to other players when things could actually further from the truth. It's fair to compare physical aspects like speed & delivery but saying someone will turn out exactly like another player is completely retarded. When has anyone ever looked exactly like someone else? TSN makes these comparisons every draft issue. Yeah, Tee Martin looks exactly like Steve McNair, Thomas Jones looks exactly like Marshall Faulk, Ron Dayne looks exactly like Jerome Bettis, Peter Warrick looks exactly like Jerry Rice... Give me a break. Just like TSN you guys have no clue what you're talking about comparing Losman to Leaf or Smith.

Akili Smith was away from football for a few years while playing baseball. He came back & had a great senior year & got drafted high. His inability to read defenses had to do with his experience. Losman has never left the game.

Your saying, Marty Schottenheimer an NFL coach with the first pick in the NFL draft developed a system for his squad to benifit one of three QBs on the squad Phillip Rivers?
What do you base your opinion on?

Originally posted by Fisticuff
Losman=great player

the guy was out of his element, his offense in Tulane was nothing but shotgun. give him more then a week (after 4 years) to re-learn a new system (which was developed for Rivers).

losman could be a product of the system as well, like qbs from texas tech, hawaii, kentucky under mumme, houston under pardee, etc. in that these 3 step drop and shotgun systems make their qbs look like world beaters, but come to find out, they can't read defenses downfield, a neccessity in the nfl, and none of them amount to much of anything

Originally posted by OneHondo
Your saying, Marty Schottenheimer an NFL coach with the first pick in the NFL draft developed a system for his squad to benifit one of three QBs on the squad Phillip Rivers?
What do you base your opinion on?

He's referring to Rivers' system at NC State.

Back
Top Bottom