JP Losman = ....... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

JP Losman = .......

Texas before you go off on another rampage no I was not speaking directly to you, but to a lot of people. There are a HECK of a lot more people on this board than 3 who keep talking down Losman. I've probably witnessed at least a dozen people who make the Ryan Leaf comparison. You have to realize what you're SAYING when you make a comparison to Ryan Leaf or Akili Smith, you're saying Losman sucks and he will suck in the NFL. Don't try to deny it, its the same frickin thing.

Everything I said goes for the Losman Lovers/Rivers Haters too. The same thing is happening on both ends. Everyone who loves Losman, hates Rivers. And the people who love Rivers, hate Losman. And everyone's gettin in a pissing contest and cant wait to try and somehow prove to the other side that THEIR guy really sucks and YOUR guy is the bomb. Not necessary. Both are good. Losman can read defenses enough and there's no reason for you to say he can do it better than Rivers. The difference in the Senior Bowl was obvious, Losman looked good but uncomfortable which is not surprising considering he ran out of the shotgun in college. He also didn't look as accurate as Rivers or appear to have as good timing. But this is no reason to label him the next Akili Smith or Ryan Leaf....totally unfair. And just because Rivers lacks a cannon is no reason to say he's the next Jay Fiedler or Danny Wuerffel, or Heath Shuler. That is also unfair. Don't try and count numbers in this particular thread to prove me wrong cuz I'm talking about stuff thats been said around here for weeks now.

And yes, opinions can be wrong.

Originally posted by Noland
I was on the Rivers bandwagon his whole college career It did'nt take the senior bowl for me to understand his skill. This guy has burned up the college level for 4 years Kiper and Salisbury and the rest of the crowd finally realized it yesterday I dont know what toke them so long to figure it out. I don't understand why everybody else hasn't figured it out. The Commentaries at the game after the first quarter said not to mess with his delievery it was fine he was so impressive. You can't say he was good for just that game he was impressive his whole career and got better every year and that is what I expect when he get to the NFL get even better.

Don't say I jumped on the bandwagon after one game.

If you don't like him fine but don't say he aint good this guy is awesome I'm not saying he will be great in the NFL but I believe he will be average or better. To me with time he will be better than Fiedler.

don't like him? i've been saying how great he was since i joined for the forum.

Rivers is special. i've been saynig all along i wouldn't care if we didn't try and get manning if we can get Rivers.

the guy has a completition % of over 70... mechanics what?
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26694&highlight=Rivers

right after i joined...

If anything I'm a bandwagoner because of the Senior Bowl but you know what, I don't give a rats @ss. I kept an open mind and originally liked Rivers a lot from what I heard about him. Then I read up on the two of them Losman and Rivers and decided that the two of them inspired so many detractors that we should avoid both and trade up for Manning. I always kept an open mind about the two of them because I'd never seen them play except but a few glimpses here and there when I'm flippin through some college games. I'd never really WATCHED you know. So I never said one way or the other whether or not Rivers arm was good enough. Eventually I leaned toward Losman, Henson, or Manning because I was convinced that Rivers was a 2nd rounder and the question marks are too big to make him a first rounder. Then I saw the senior bowl and now I know for myself that his armstrength SHOULD be good enough in the NFL provided he can throw deep like that during NFL games. So now I'm alright with drafting Rivers in the 1st round and not trading away everything for Manning, but to tell you the truth I wouldn't mind either.

To tell you the truth, Manning, Roethlisberger, Losman, Rivers, or Henson...I would be damn excited about getting any one of those dudes and while each has his drawbacks, each has some very impressive strengths as well. My preference order I think goes Manning, Rivers, Henson, Losman, Roethlisberger....big ben in last because I just don't necessarily have a good feeling about him. Thats my knowledge of draft history comin through though...2nd QBs drafted just do not seem to pan out except last year with Byron Leftwich (who would have been the 1st QB taken if not for the injury concerns). Remember, Ryan Leaf and Rick Mirer were the 2nd QBs drafted.

I tend to think that when you're inevitably comparing 2 guys like Eli and Ben, Rivers and Losman, you're prone to make mistakes about where in the draft you should place them compared to the guys at other positions. You realize that Eli is better than Ben, you just have trouble telling HOW much better and how to reconcile that with the rest of the draft class. I think this is why there's like overwhelming evidence that 1st pick QBs tend to work, and 2nd pick QBs tend not to.

I get a bad feeling about Ben he don't remind me of anybody I don't Know he could be good in the NFL. I don't want to put anyone down when they havent throw in the NFL I just give opinions. Losman with his size and stuff he almost reminds me of a back up qb which you never know he could be a pro bowler year after next. When Trent Green went down in 99 nobody expected Warner to do so well so you never know.

I don't know ir Rivers will be good but I have faith he will be I don't know if he will be one of the best in the league but I have a gut feelint that he is the one for Miami. I believe he could bring back the fans and excitement at the home games. I believe if they do get Rivers I believe there will alot of jersey's bought with his name and # on it.

Originally posted by Fisticuff
What about Cody Pickett (since this is becoming a QB vs. QB thread)?

Pickett went 9/13, and 74 yards. he led the north into the 10, only to have his drive stall.

would you be satisfied with him in the 3rd round? he had his passes that looked pretty good. stats wise he was the 2nd best QB. i wouldn't shut him out of the QB sweepstakes. I think he has an upside. especially at the 3rd round.

At this point I'll go with Rivers like I've wanted to all season (and that most likely won't change unless his combine is poor) but i would be cool with Pickett if Miami went another way in the draft.

I really like Cody Pickett for our third round pick. He didn't finish on that one drive, he threw to the outside of one receiver when it should have been inside & instead of a TD it was incomplete. Then on the next play his timing was off with Michael Jenkins on a 5 yard fade. According to PFW's draft guide that came out in the middle of the season Pickett runs a 4.72 40, faster than Josh Harris, JP Losman, Ben, Eli, Rivers, & Navarre which is pretty surprising. He has an arm, his accuracy needs to improve as does his deep ball, & he throws the ball well on the run. He also needs to work on his deliver because he has a hitch in his motion, similar to that of Bledsoe, but he doesn't have quite Bledsoe's arm to make up for it.

I don't care for Washington, but I'm hoping for the Huskie double of Reggie Williams in the first & Pickett in the 3rd or 4th.

Originally posted by SMadison29

I really like Cody Pickett for our third round pick. He didn't finish on that one drive, he threw to the outside of one receiver when it should have been inside & instead of a TD it was incomplete. Then on the next play his timing was off with Michael Jenkins on a 5 yard fade. According to PFW's draft guide that came out in the middle of the season Pickett runs a 4.72 40, faster than Josh Harris, JP Losman, Ben, Eli, Rivers, & Navarre which is pretty surprising. He has an arm, his accuracy needs to improve as does his deep ball, & he throws the ball well on the run. He also needs to work on his deliver because he has a hitch in his motion, similar to that of Bledsoe, but he doesn't have quite Bledsoe's arm to make up for it.

I don't care for Washington, but I'm hoping for the Huskie double of Reggie Williams in the first & Pickett in the 3rd or 4th.

So are you saying you like Pickett over Losman/Rivers or are you saying he's better as a 3rd or 4th round pick than Losman/Rivers are as a #20 overall?

Assuming an extra 1st/3rd round pick for Ogun, what would your first 4 picks be?

Like Pickett but don't like Rivers that makes alot of since. We need a QB in the first. We don't need to sit around and wait later in the draft we need to get the best we can now. Pickett is no were as good as Rivers that is not an opinion that is a fact. We can get a wr and lineman in FA's

Originally posted by NavyFishFan

So are you saying you like Pickett over Losman/Rivers or are you saying he's better as a 3rd or 4th round pick than Losman/Rivers are as a #20 overall?

Assuming an extra 1st/3rd round pick for Ogun, what would your first 4 picks be?

i think he means the 2nd part.

Originally posted by NavyFishFan

Yeah, that's been my stance all along. Rivers & Losman are not 2 or 3 rounds better than Pickett, Schaub, or Navarre.

Like Pickett but don't like Rivers that makes alot of since. We need a QB in the first. We don't need to sit around and wait later in the draft we need to get the best we can now. Pickett is no were as good as Rivers that is not an opinion that is a fact. We can get a wr and lineman in FA's

We need a WR or olineman that will help us win NOW. We can't wait 1 or 2 years on Losman or Rivers to be ready. By then Taylor will be 31, Bowens 32, Chester 30, Zach 32, Zgonina 35, Seau 37, Knight 30, Madison 31, Surtain 29, & Marion 35. Drafting a QB is gonna set us back more than 2 years because we'd have to rebuild our all-star defense. Do you think we'll be lucky enough to get the NFL's next top pass rusher & top CB duo in the NFL in a couple years? I don't.

I believe if we go get a WR in FA's like Isacc Bruce I believe Brunell can work with CC and IB an next year when he is ready if we do get Rivers I believe he could get the ball to them with no problem.

Originally posted by Noland
I believe if we go get a WR in FA's like Isacc Bruce I believe Brunell can work with CC and IB an next year when he is ready if we do get Rivers I believe he could get the ball to them with no problem.

Bruce isn't a free agent, unless you think or have heard he'll be cut.

With Sullivan as miami's WR coach, i would love to pickup Peter Warrick (if he's released).

Back
Top Bottom