• Yes

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters

caneproud117

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I think back to when the Hurricanes played the Ohio State Buckeyes for the National Championship and I'm reminded how much of football and life is left up to the judgement of those (refs, judges, mods) that may not be the most informed people (because lets face it no one is perfect). The same thing goes with law and the judges ability to allow or disallow crucial evidence in a case that could turn the tide and the judgement of the jury.

I personally found no harm in what was said in the other thread by 126 and everyone in that thread except JJ knew that there was no personal attack made. I find this very discouraging to posters who want to add humor to this site. However, I'm not all talk and no plan of action. I suggest further discretion by the mods to wait and see how the 'attack' is taken by all those members in the thread. I fear that this has taken away from the main reason for this forum: to talk about our Dolphins and discussing (but we don't have to be sticklers about making a joke with a fellow members or watching how our joke is going to be taken). Maybe we could add a button that lets everyone know that the post was a joke? That way everyone involved will not take offence to it. However, that takes away from letting people figure out for themselves that the post is a joke. I don't know what you guys would like to do, but I think we should hear from the members on what should be done about being humorous in threads. You may move this if you like.

-Matthew :)

what did he say? Maybe you should post what he said so people who dont know can still vote on this thread.

see what happens when you just don't delete a post and move a thread?

The post did not need to be deleted there was nothing wrong with it that's the point.

Threads/Posts are rarely .. if ever... deleted.
As in the case of this one.. they are usually moved (or closed, as in the thread reffered to)
As P4E stated, we are but a handful of volunteer staff members, trying to juggle posts from almost 4000 members. That, coupled with the fact that up to 500 members can be online at the same time, makes it a very dificult job.
I stand by the Mods 100% in most of their decisions..... and 99.9% of the time, I believe the Staff does an exceptional job in the face of an overwhelming task.
Do we make judgement calls? Of course, we have to. Does everyone agree with those calls? No, how could that be possible?
We work very hard to make this the best DolFan site on the web, and the fact that our membership continues to grow exponentially tells me that we are doing a good job of that.
We handle situations the best we can... and are always open to suggestions and input from the members, but keep in mind, we can't possibly please everyone all the time.

Now that this has been moved, I will participate. I knew what the intent was just like everybody else did. I just know that moderating a message board is tough and that unpopular decisions sometimes have to be made. It doesn't matter that it was a joke -- it wasn't clearly a joke and served as a bad example for any noobs or others who have trouble understanding the rules we must adhere to if we want to make use of this board.

The classic message board formula

Any combination of references to flatulence, the face and the exchange of money = :tsk:

And so it has been, and so it's written on the doorway to paradise ..."

clear.gif

*disclaimer* sorry, P4E....:chuckle:

DrAstroZoom said:
Any combination of references to flatulence, the face and the exchange of money = :tsk:

And so it has been, and so it's written on the doorway to paradise ..."
Les Miz? :confused:

I know that it's a tough job and the purpose of this thread is to point out the fact that his post was not a 'personal attack' as was stated. It may have been gross (farting) but there's nothing in the rules that says references to that are not allowed. I could see you telling him not to make references to any flatulence but to say he was insulting another member was completely wrong and he did not deserve to be baned. Am I interpreting the rules wrong?

caneproud117 said:
I know that it's a tough job and the purpose of this thread is to point out the fact that his post was not a 'personal attack' as was stated. It may have been gross (farting) but there's nothing in the rules that says references to that are not allowed. I could see you telling him not to make references to any flatulence but to say he was insulting another member was completely wrong and he did not deserve to be baned. Am I interpreting the rules wrong?

No... you are not reading the rules wrong...

However... he wasn't "banned"...rather just given a "time-out" because frankly
this is not the first time he's been "spoken to"...

Also, if you check the results of your poll, it seems, so far, that the majority think he was out of line. That may very well change, of course... but it doesn't seem to be the "runaway result" you may have been looking for.

I know that the results of the poll were skewed mainly because of 2 Mods voting in the poll (backing eachother), but that's not the point either. The point is that what he said was not against the rules. Can you argue that it was a personal attack? When the recipient of the so called 'attack' knew it was a joke? And if making reference to flatulence is against the rules show me where. I'm making sure the rules are clear and valid for everyone on this site. So please explain to me and the other Dolfans out there why is what he said against the rules?

-Matthew

Back
Top Bottom