jumpin on the Rutgers bandwagon | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

jumpin on the Rutgers bandwagon

LouPhinFan said:
I don't dispute the fact that U of L was outcoached, but I don't think they were outplayed. They were up 25-7 at one time and if you take away that long middle screen that Rutgers ran with the 3rd string RB on the last drive before halftime, I'm not sure Rutgers would have scored. A 28 - 25 score tells me that no one got "outplayed" in that game. I'm just sayin' that I've seen both teams play enough to be able to make a comparison. I think U of L is the better team, but the coaches screwed up the second half for Louisville.

Even Petrino's post game comment "'Brian was rattled and couldn't keep his eyes DOWN FIELD" tells me what they were thinking. That tells me against the pass rush they were still trying to throw the ball long against that soft zone they were playing behind the rush. That's pretty silly, trying to throw long when there's too many rushers for your line to block. A few short slants or 5 yard curls to Urrutia would have made Rutgers keep 1 or 2 of their LBs back from rushing, allowing the OL to focus on the Rutgers front 4. Coaches didn't make that adjustment and kept trying to throw 10 and out/in or deep posts down the middle. U of L should have been more methotical than going for the deep kill shot.

The whole time Rutgers was rushing, the short middle was open between the hashes. I mean the TE Barnidge had ZERO catches. He's a good pass catching TE and should be the #1 target during a pass rush, and I don't remember a ball even being thrown his way!

Why our you so intent to make excuses for players who didn't show up for the biggest 2nd half of their lives and at the same time try to take credit away from the Rutgers players?

I mean com'on, Kordell Young a 3rd string back? I mean first off he's a 2nd string back - not 3rd - and second he's a true freshman - with a TON of talent - who is playing behind one of the top RB's in the country on a top ten team, that's not to shabby man. But you make it sound like that you guys got beat by some bum on that paly.

And quit trying to put this all on the coaches, did they make mistakes? I'm sure they did but the bottom line these games are won and lost by the young men playing the game, not the old men coaching it.

And by the way, before the game former Rutgers QB Ray Lucas said if you hit the Louisville QB and hit him often he would melt and sure enough he did, there is NOTHING the coaches can do about that.

Back
Top Bottom