jumpin on the Rutgers bandwagon | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

jumpin on the Rutgers bandwagon

Alex44 said:
So just because a guy can jump a low hurdle I should assume he can jump a high hurdle also?

Lots of good teams beat up on bad teams, Rutgers hasnt proven they can do that yet. Im pulling for Rutgers but I dont see any reason to believe they will pull the upset
if rutgers lost to bad teams, then you can say "there's no reason to think they can beat a good team." but the fact that they beat bad teams shows that they can win games, and there IS a reason to think they can beat good teams.

UF Fin Kat said:
if rutgers lost to bad teams, then you can say "there's no reason to think they can beat a good team." but the fact that they beat bad teams shows that they can win games, and there IS a reason to think they can beat good teams.

There is reason to think they could beat bad teams, but whats the proof that they can beat a good team since they havent done it yet?

A lot of teams could be where they are if they had that schedule, and I dont think a lot of teams could beat LV

Alex44 said:
There is reason to think they could beat bad teams, but whats the proof that they can beat a good team since they havent done it yet?

A lot of teams could be where they are if they had that schedule, and I dont think a lot of teams could beat LV

I don't understand why you need to see a good team beat another good team before you believe they can beat any good team. That makes NO sense man, I have many times seen teams beat good teams without having to beat anybody else that was good.

As far reasons look at the numbers that Rutgers defense has done against some very fair teams this year, that have been dominating and are ranked near the top in most key stats such as rushing yards and points allowed.

Have you even seen them play ANY games this year?

Admit I havent seen they play very much, but I think it would be dumb of me to say Rutgers can beat them when they havent proven anything like that yet.

Alex44 said:
Admit I havent seen they play very much, but I think it would be dumb of me to say Rutgers can beat them when they havent proven anything like that yet.

I think it's dumber to say a team can't beat another good team because they haven't beaten a good one yet, you know it's not like they have played good teams and lost to them, because if that was the case I could understand your reservations but that has not been the case.

And while they have not beaten any very good teams, they have beaten some quality teams and in some cases quite handily.

And by the way, I didn't think Rutgers had a good chance to beat the Cards until watching Louisville last night, don't get me wrong they are going to be a tough team to beat but they were far from looking invincible mostly because their defense did not impress.

Alex44 said:

When rutgers was bad they always found a way to play good against good teams and even pull off upsets, your logic makes no sense.

With Cali, Auburn losing

And Boise down in the 3rd quarter.

A good weekend just might get better for Rutgers!

NJFINSFAN1 said:
With Cali, Auburn losing

And Boise down in the 3rd quarter.

A good weekend just might get better for Rutgers!

ahhhhh, they needed Mich or Ohio St to lose or at least play a nailbitter.

The Rutgers formula is this.....(assuming they are unbeaten and win out)

1) Ohio St or Mich.......whoever wins must win huge. Like by 20+ pts. Leave no doubt about who is better.
2) Florida must lose 1 game from here on out.
3) USC must beat ND. Then either Oregon (tonight), Cal, or UCLA must beat USC.
4) Texas must lose 1 game from here on out

I will say this, it wasn't a bad week for Rutgers though. Cal, Auburn, and L'ville got knocked off ahead of ya. And you almost hit the jackpot with Florida. If everything I laid out above happens..........then RUTGERS deserves that final game!! I don't see it happening, but hey ya never know and they got a punchers chance. Better to have a slim chance than no chance.

MikeO said:
I will say this, it wasn't a bad week for Rutgers though. Cal, Auburn, and L'ville got knocked off ahead of ya. And you almost hit the jackpot with Florida.
And Kansas State might end up beating Texas tonight. We smoked them earlier in the season. Them winning would have made Louisville look even better and taken Texas off our backs in the BCS standings.

This makes me even more sick because U of L didn't take care of business when they were supposed to. I was sick after the game Thursday night, tossed and turned all night, and was useless at work on Friday.

Rutgers is a good team, but I still think U of L is better. I'm sure U of L would win 8 maybe 9 out of 10 games. Rutgers was just better for one half Thursday and our coaching staff didn't make any adjustments on offense.

LouPhinFan said:
Rutgers is a good team, but I still think U of L is better. I'm sure U of L would win 8 maybe 9 out of 10 games. Rutgers was just better for one half Thursday and our coaching staff didn't make any adjustments on offense.

With all due respect man, that has to be one of the most ridiclous comments I have ever read here. You can't be serious.

Nick is God said:
With all due respect man, that has to be one of the most ridiclous comments I have ever read here. You can't be serious.

No, I'm pretty serious. After I got away from the game and thought about every thing that happened, there was some pretty simple things that Louisville could have done to negate Rutger's pass rush in the second half. But the coaches just didn't get it done.

How can that be the most rediculous comment you've ever heard? Haven't you read any of the OSU guy's posts in the other threads? He's got alot of funny stuff to say.:D

LouPhinFan said:
No, I'm pretty serious. After I got away from the game and thought about every thing that happened, there was some pretty simple things that Louisville could have done to negate Rutger's pass rush in the second half. But the coaches just didn't get it done.

You are shortchanging the RU's defense bigtime, they are VERY good and for real as one of the best defenses in the country. They are fast, athletic, determined and focused and no one this season has had much success on them, what happen to Louisville's offense Thursday night was no accident, not by a longshot.

And plus what I have seen from the Louisville defense from their last two games hasn't impressed me, so to suggest that Louisville would win nine out of ten from Rutgers is an incredible reach.

LouPhinFan said:
How can that be the most rediculous comment you've ever heard? Haven't you read any of the OSU guy's posts in the other threads? He's got alot of funny stuff to say.:D

Hahaha, touche.

Nick is God said:
You are shortchanging the RU's defense bigtime, they are VERY good and for real as one of the best defenses in the country. They are fast, athletic, determined and focused and no one this season has had much success on them, what happen to Louisville's offense Thursday night was no accident, not by a longshot.

Well said, give the defense credit, JEEZ. :rolleyes:

I have been watching them all year, the defensive line is undersized but is so fast out of their stance, they take over alot of games. As I said in a post before the game, I said that "Rutgers defensive line would win this game". I think someone laughed in a next post. :lol:

Like they were saying during the broadcast, there are no superstars on the defense, just a group that plays together and works well off of eachother.

There defense is one of the best in the country.

By the way, #36 Courtney Greene, the safety flies all over the field making tackles. He is only a sophmore and will be a top safety in the country by the time he is a senior.

Give Rutgers credit!!!

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Rutgers very simply outplayed and out coached Louie.

I don't dispute the fact that U of L was outcoached, but I don't think they were outplayed. They were up 25-7 at one time and if you take away that long middle screen that Rutgers ran with the 3rd string RB on the last drive before halftime, I'm not sure Rutgers would have scored. A 28 - 25 score tells me that no one got "outplayed" in that game. I'm just sayin' that I've seen both teams play enough to be able to make a comparison. I think U of L is the better team, but the coaches screwed up the second half for Louisville.

Even Petrino's post game comment "'Brian was rattled and couldn't keep his eyes DOWN FIELD" tells me what they were thinking. That tells me against the pass rush they were still trying to throw the ball long against that soft zone they were playing behind the rush. That's pretty silly, trying to throw long when there's too many rushers for your line to block. A few short slants or 5 yard curls to Urrutia would have made Rutgers keep 1 or 2 of their LBs back from rushing, allowing the OL to focus on the Rutgers front 4. Coaches didn't make that adjustment and kept trying to throw 10 and out/in or deep posts down the middle. U of L should have been more methotical than going for the deep kill shot.

The whole time Rutgers was rushing, the short middle was open between the hashes. I mean the TE Barnidge had ZERO catches. He's a good pass catching TE and should be the #1 target during a pass rush, and I don't remember a ball even being thrown his way!

Back
Top Bottom