jumpin on the Rutgers bandwagon | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

jumpin on the Rutgers bandwagon

54Fins said:
Besides Texas and maybe Penn State when they were ranked.Who did Ohio State play?N.Illinois,Bowling green,Cincy,Minn.,Ill.,next.. Then that perenial powerhouse Northwestern.Sure, i know,tough schedule.Just seems like the polls and the BCS think differently than us,huh?BTW,Go look at Rutgers roster(and Starters)and tell me were there from again? Someone mustbe misleading you buddy.Out of 22 starters,4 ,Lets count again FOUR are from Fl.You tell me how may are from Jersey.

Ummm, you forgot Iowa, who was #13 in the nation when OSU went into Iowa City and dominated.

And you also forgot that Ohio State is set to face their next 1 vs 2 game in the same season. And when they win that, they will face their third #1 vs #2 game in the same season. This has never been done twice, let alone three times.

The Big East is just the same old Big Easy that it always has been.

OSUDauby said:
Ummm, you forgot Iowa, who was #13 in the nation when OSU went into Iowa City and dominated.

And you also forgot that Ohio State is set to face their next 1 vs 2 game in the same season. And when they win that, they will face their third #1 vs #2 game in the same season. This has never been done twice, let alone three times.

The Big East is just the same old Big Easy that it always has been.
Dude, the Big East was easy due to a team like the Rutgers...they turned their program around. They were your version of NW and our version of UK

Cuban Dave 9 said:
Dude, the Big East was easy due to a team like the Rutgers...they turned their program around. They were your version of NW and our version of UK

Ok, I don't mean to rain on the Rutgers parade here, but...
To "turn a program around" takes more than one good season. It takes many seasons. Having one good season in the midst of several bad seasons only to go back (which will likely happen) is not a turn around.

There is a great chance that Rutgers will lose to WVU, Louisville, and a bowl game. Yeah, it was nice seeing them in the top 25, but by seasons end, they will likely be gone. That is just the way that it will happen.

This season will not bring that many good recruits to Rutgers, it just doesn't work like that.

OSUDauby said:
To "turn a program around" takes more than one good season. It takes many seasons. Having one good season in the midst of several bad seasons only to go back (which will likely happen) is not a turn around.

There is a great chance that Rutgers will lose to WVU, Louisville, and a bowl game. Yeah, it was nice seeing them in the top 25, but by seasons end, they will likely be gone. That is just the way that it will happen.

This season will not bring that many good recruits to Rutgers, it just doesn't work like that.
they also went to a bowl game last year.

although of course you wouldn't know that because you're an OSU fan and you think of nothing outside of columbus.

OSUDauby said:

Great chance Michigan beats OSU also!!!!:wink:

OSUDauby said:
And at least I know the difference between "your" and "you're"
Rutgers...THE state university of New Jersey. Duh!
Can i say smuck?Wow,YOU ARE a pretty intelligent person.I doubt Rutgers would accept you though.They are known as a academic's first college(if you know what i'm talking about,Maurice):wink:

Motion said:
I'll be on the wagon next week!

It be much easier to jump on the Louisville bandwagon... You know, when they pass the Gators in the rankings. :D

zachequalsgod said:
It be much easier to jump on the Louisville bandwagon... You know, when they pass the Gators in the rankings. :D

:lol: I'd love to play you guys!

Motion said:
I'll be on the wagon next week!
:yeahthat:

i like louisville, but i'm a tad bit more partial to UF. plus it'd be great to see rutgers win the Big East and go to the Orange Bowl.

but let's be realistic here....louisville should win by 3 TD's.

LouPhinFan said:
Slow down there man. I seriously doubt you'll be "beating up" the Ville.

After watching last night's game I think Louisville is riped for a beating, the Cards defense didn't impress me that much so I think Rutgers can put up points and whenever a strong offense(Louisville) meets a strong defense(Rutgers), the results are usually in favor of the defense more times than not.

Im sorry but Rutgers hasnt beaten anyone worth our breath....and for that reason Im picking LV by 24 points.

Hope you prove me wrong though :) nothing against Rutgers, I just dont believe they are that good.

Back
Top Bottom