June 1st Trades/Cuts | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

June 1st Trades/Cuts

there is almost no chance of us signing a veteran LB since we need whoever it is to play ST. Rodgers makes big bucks and Morlon is improving and looking solid. OLB is all set w/the 6 we got plus Corey Moore trying to make it on ST.

seems like DE is the 1 place will definitely go; and we will likely not cut anybody and stay put everywhere else.

OL is a definate need,even though they are semi healthy now who know what will happen.

Originally posted by Chubby
OL is a definate need,even though they are semi healthy now who know what will happen.
the problem is getting guys under the cap that are better than (backups) Spriggs, Nails or T Perry is unlikely.

How about Charlie Batch? Anyone think he is worth a risk? He is young, and has shown some talent. I think its worth the risk if he signs for cheap. At worst, he makes 3rd string and the Fins top 3 QBs are Fiedler, Lucas, and Batch, which isn't too shabby I think.

Personally I'd go for Westbrook at the vet's minimum, unless someone surprising gets cut and is willing to play for the minimum. Then I'd go with Coleman, hopefully at the minimum but probably not. Somehow I still doubt they will be signing a linebacker unless the "right" one gets cut (as in a Wann-Spiel guy that they like, probably out of Chicago). I seriously doubt we sign another offensive lineman, unless the right guy gets cut at LT then it might be time to start up some money shifting to get him under contract...but it definitely will NOT be Brockermeyer.

lOOKS LIKE HERMAN MOORE BECAME AVAILABLE, THE DOLPHINS TODAY SAID THEY WERE INTERESTED. HE WAS RELEASE EARLIER TODAY

49ers | Cooling on Brockermeyer - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
9:06 PT: The San Francisco Chronicle reports talks between the San Francisco 49ers and free agent OT Blake Brockermeyer (Bears) have cooled. GM Terry Donahue put chances of signing him at less than 50 percent.

though if SF does not want him, why would we ?

we're in the Marco hunt...

NFL | Where's Marco? - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
21:46 PT: Peter King reports for CNN/SI the Miami Dolphins and Philadelphia Eagles could fight it out for soon to be released DE Marco Coleman of the Redskins. The Atlanta Falcons could be the darkhorse team in the battle for his services.

Good posts. I still think that the biggest hole we have on the team is LT! Brockermeyer would definitely be an improvement.

Spriggs is a LG and Brent Smith is lost out there. Granted the pads aren't on, but I really feel like we dont even have a LT on the roster yet.

I would say that Wanny feels differently about the LT position; he didn't pursue any LTs during the first FA period, so it seems to me that he is happy with Smith and Spriggs (Keep in mind that even if both of them go down with season-ending injuries again, which would be a real bad case of bad luck, Searcy could move into the LT position)

Originally posted by jaxdolfan
Good posts. I still think that the biggest hole we have on the team is LT! Brockermeyer would definitely be an improvement.

Spriggs is a LG and Brent Smith is lost out there. Granted the pads aren't on, but I really feel like we dont even have a LT on the roster yet.
Spriggs is definitely a OT and Smith is healthy, but not 100% just yet.

AFAIK Searcy has never played LT, so they look at Dixon as our #3 LT.

I thought Spriggs was a LG in Buffalo and was projected to be a LT because he had long arms or something like that.

2000 -- Signed a two-year contract with the Dolphins as an Unrestricted Free Agent on April 19, 2001... Underwent arthroscopic surgery on his right elbow on June 14, 2001... The surgery, which involved the removal of loose bodies and spurs, was performed by team physician Dr. George Caldwell at Holy Cross Hospital in Fort Lauderdale... Started 11 of the 16 games in which he played with the Bills... Opened nine games at right tackle and two at left tackle... First start of the year came vs. San Diego (10/15) when he helped the Bills offense produce more than 400 yards in an overtime win... Offense amassed more than 400 yards the following week as well, at Minnesota (10/22), while also reaching that mark at Tampa Bay (11/26)... Started at left tackle for games at Indianapolis (12/11) and vs. New England (12/17), replacing an injured John Fina... Moved back to the right side for season finale at Seattle (12/23).

1999 -- Appeared in 11 regular season games, starting two of them... Dressed but did not play in five contests... Saw extensive time at right tackle in second half of game vs. New England (11/28) with ankle injury to Robert Hicks... First NFL start came two weeks later vs. N.Y. Giants (12/12), at right tackle in place of the injured Hicks... Also opened at that spot the following week at Arizona (12/19)... Took over at right tackle for an injured Hicks in the first half of season finale at Indianapolis (1/2/00)... Started at right tackle in First-Round playoff game at Tennessee (1/8/00).

1998 -- Saw action in one game... Was inactive for ten contests, dressed but did not play in five others.

1997 -- Appeared in two games, both in a reserve role, during his rookie season... Was inactive for each of the first six games of the year, dressed but did not play in eight others... Sixth-round draft choice (185th overall) of Buffalo in 1997.

College

Played each of his final two collegiate seasons at Houston (1995-96)... Blocked for former Bills teammate RB Antowain Smith with the Cougars... Was a first-team All-Conference USA pick as a senior when he started all 11 games at right tackle... Part of a line that yielded just nine sacks on the year and helped the offense average a conference-best 410.5 yards a game... Started ten of the 11 games in which he played at left tackle as a junior... Played 1993-94 at Hinds (Miss.) Community College, where he received Junior College All-America honors in his second year... Majored in sociology.

Personal

Single... Attended Byram High School in his hometown of Jackson, Miss... Earned All-America, all-state and all-Metro honors as a senior... Full name is Thomas Marcus Spriggs, born May 30, 1974 in Hattiesburg, Miss.

***so Spriggs is a RT. So we have one LT on the roster. Brent Smith.

That bothers me.

Back
Top Bottom