Junior Seau expected to return | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Junior Seau expected to return

are we challenging for the SB next year? No, therefore, it doesnt matter how much experience you have, he's still only here for 1 more year, and it takes away a spot from a younger player that may have a future in the NFL, not some vet hanging on by the skin of his teeth

In the NFL nowadays you've got to have the mentality that you could challenge for the super bowl in ANY year. Prior to 2001, the patriots were the LAST team people thought would be challenging for the super bowl. Prior to 2004, the Chargers too were the last team people thought would be challenging for the super bowl. You have to make moves like this to be competitive, and just being good will pay dividends for you in future years by setting up processes, setting up a legacy for future players to inherit, and yes in this building process as we gradually shift into the defense that Saban wants to run, having Junior Seau, who would be an invaluable cog to that shifting due to his size and experience, will in fact help us be a better team even when he's not here.

The way I remember it last season, is that JR. was playing pretty darn good IMO. Saban's smart although he's trying to get younger, you do need some "older vets" on the team for balance.Seau like having a coach on the field to help teach the young guys.Besides JR. plays with a great passion.He'll set a great example for the younger players.

Dudeman said:
still too much for a 36 year old dinosaur, they should've restructured to minimum salary

Say what you want, we need Seau.......he may be old, but he's still great.

Have some respect.

Shifty187 said:
I dont get this move...

Lets bring back a 36 yearl old (whos done) to a rebuilding team so he can take a roster spot from a young guy who could actually contribute!

WTF...
considering we're likely losing greenwood, and bua was moved to SS, that leaves us relatively thin at LB. even if we address that and get a LB in the draft, its good insurance to keep seau around. at only a $1 mil hit, his veteran experience and mentorship alone is worth that.

i say good move.

I'm not happy about the money we are giving him but we needed him to return.

Look at our linebackers...we have Pope and Zach in the middle and Eddie Moore outside and not much else. With Greenwoods agent in fantasyland (expecting Greenwood to make Pro Bowler money)we need all the help at linebacker we can get.

Seau was playing very well IMO before he got hurt. Bringing him back for one more year is a good idea.

Good, Seau being back brings more intensity on defense....

Now bring back DBO!!!

:woot:

I Like this move, He can mentor our very young LBs like Moore, Pope, Stother, Williams, and Taylor. Moore was a 2nd round pick and can be a starter, Pope looked great on 04, and Strother and Williams were 2 very good and very underrated LBs coming out of college b/ they came from smaller schools.

Im wondering why we kept TimBo though? At least Seau's injury wasnt a chronic one that could/should end his career like TimBo's. :confused:

The only thing I dont understand is why Seau wants to stay here. Doesnt he want to finally play on a contender? I would think he would try to find a good team to play on instead of coming back to a rookie coach and a 4-12 team. Ive never been a big Seau fan, hes always been a good player on lousy teams, I dont really care if we bring him back or not so this news doesnt excite me, I dont think our team would be any worse without him. I think we could have gotten a younger player to develop for around the same price.

1996 Dolphins sign Jack Del Rio to start at middle linebacker. After one preseason game we was cut in favor of some 5'11 kid. In 96, we had no MLB, so we we're all high on Jack, right now Seau is the best OLB we have, so why not bring him back. Maybe these other guys are not ready to take Jr's spot. I'll trust the coaching staff over anyone on here to say who should be on the team. Our opinion's really don't matter.

Back
Top Bottom