Just a little FYI: | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just a little FYI:

Well...I live in Connecticut and I really hate the Pats...Go Eagles!!!

Towards the middle of the season when I looked at Phily's schedule... I kept thinking they've got the easiest schedule in the NFL... I thought they'd go 16-0... but if Owens didn't get injured and they played all their starters, it's safe to say they would have gone 15-1. And in my opinion no matter how easy, they've taken advantage of the opportunity.

Let's Go Pat's

FemaleFinFan said:
Dude, I live in Philly and I totally feel your pain. The best thing is to avoid all local media outlets and stop ruminating on it. The sooner the SB is over the better
I also was lived in Philly most of my life but, I now live in South Jersey. I feel all the pains and suffering of everyone who hates the Pats. Look at it this way isn't everyone tired of hearing how the AFC is second rate and how it's a mickey mouse league. I know I am. I was watching Espn classics Saturday and saw a documentary on the 1st Superbowl when the AFL and NFL 1st merged and how Lombardi and of the NFL people hated the idea and thought the AFL was a down grade and it was beneath the NFL to even be mentioned with the AFL. Well it has never gone away they still feel about us in the same way. I live , walk and talk to Eagle fans everyday and other fans of NFC teams they look down on the AFC. Well I am sorry I am tired of it and although on anyother given day I would agree down with the PAT's but at least for the next couple of weeks I am LET'S GO PAT'S. Not to mention how unbarable it's going to be around here if the Eagles win if you know what I mean. Even with the NFC as bad as it is were still just the AFL. Like Rodney used to say " I get no respect"

You gotta realize that Philly is in the NFC. It's not thier fault the NFC blows. They have to play 12 games vs. the NFC every year. That's just how it is. The Dolphins would have gone 8-8 if they had played in the NFC.

feelthepain said:
For all you NE haters, here are some stats from the two SB teams. I know most here hate the Pats and being Fin fans it's understanable. However try living in the Philly area for just a short time and soon your hate for the Pats will be just a distant memory. Here is why I hate the Eagles and their lucky,lucky fans. As much as I would love to go to the big game I'm glad we have not gotten there the way the Eagles did this year. The Odds were against the Pat's far more then the Eagles and the Pat's path to the SB took a much much tougher rd. I don't know you tell me what did the Eagles reAlly earn this year 4 wins against winning teams to go to the SB, THIS IS DISGUSTING.

If you are unfoutunate enough to live within a thousand miles of just one Eagle fan you'll undestand the contempt non Philly fans feel. I hate the Eagles and their obnoxious, unrealistic, enormously inflated egoistical fans. I have more use for a heaping pile of donkey crap then I do just one Feagle fan.

I hope and pray I get to see them crying in their soup after a long season of how great we are after a year of wins against 500. ball clubs. If you don't think the Eagles had an easy ride "as usual" just look at the the winning pct. of the team the Feagles faced this year all the way through the SB.

Just a little FYI:

Pats: W 14-2 Eagles: W 13-3

teams win/loss record: 118/122 diff:4 95/129 diff:34
team better then 500.: 9/ 5
teams under 500. : 6/ 10
wins against 500.+ : 8/ 2 ridiculous
Games played against 500. or less: 6/ 13

playoffs

NE gets: 12-4 Indy, 15-1 Pittsburgh Eagles get: 8-8 Minn.,11-5 Falcons
one rd one home./ both home

Now Tell me how hard was yet another Eagles schedule? Does anyone think they could of had an eaiser road then this ? But ot listen the Eagle fans they are awsome. Kinda hard not to be when your playin triple a college teams every week.
Its not Philly fault they played POS teams, its the schedule makers. Bottom line, they are in the Superbowl and are FAR superior to any other team in the NFC right now. The AFC is much much deeper than the NFC, but the superbowl was designed to have the best teams in each conference match up against each other, and this year it did its purpose.

I think if TO plays, you will be suprised at the Eagles.....

feelthepain said:
I just want to make it clear that we may hate the Pat's but at least they had to earn a SB berth. Philly could have Fallen asleep half way through the season and made the SB. The Pats are a Dynasty and should be in the SB after seeing the final stats is it fair to say Philly goes to a SB by default?
Name another team in the NFC that is better than the Eagles.

Its not default, they are the best team in the NFC and when TO is healthy, they are a top 3 team in the NFL. Its not like the Rams or the Saints made it to the superbowl...... Philly's only REAL loss was to the Steelers. They tanked the last 2 games of the season so I dont count them.

They had an easy schedule, and you know what, they took advantage of it.

Honestly, I don't think you take anything away from the Eagles. They don't control the schedule. The rams didn't beat a winning team in the 1999 regular season and we all knew they were the best team in the league. If they weren't for real, they would have lost in the playoffs. We'll see how the SB plays itself out. Personally, I wouldn't care if we made it to the SB because we played sh*tty teams.

I hate the Eagles as much as anyone ( I was at the Monday night game last year when they filled up half of our stadium) but lets be realistic here. They made it to the NFC championship 4 years in a row, thats no fluke. They were the only legit team in the NFC and I'm happy they made it because with Andy Reid as head coach they are the only team that is SMART enough to beat the Patriots in the SB. They may have played an easy schedlue but they won most of their games convincingly. I hate the Eagles, but I have to admit that they belong in the Super Bowl just as much as anybody. This is the best Super Bowl matchup in years IMO.

I can't believe people would even consider cheering for the pats. I never thought the day would come that Dolphin "loyalist" would go for one of our rivals. We have descended into anarchy. Armageddon has come.

Lord save us all.

T.R.U. FIN3 said:
I can't believe people would even consider cheering for the pats. I never thought the day would come that Dolphin "loyalist" would go for one of our rivals. We have descended into anarchy. Armageddon has come.

Lord save us all.
Follow me! Follow me to Freedom!

Back
Top Bottom