Just A Thought About The Draft. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just A Thought About The Draft.

We have to take a shot at qb this year. If it doesn't work try again next year. It's not like we have a glowing record when it comes to drafting in the first round. If we miss its business as usual, we might get lucky and a gem. Those so called experts are usually wrong

Drafting a QB in 2019 and giving that player 1 year to prove himself with this offensive line, this new coaching staff with a new system, and new playbook is not realistic. One can not expect a Mahomes type season. At best we will get a Tannehill season where there is enough good and we are tempted to surround him players and give him more time to develop with the team. We will be headed to another 3 year start over.

I think we build the lines. Trade down in the first and pickup 2 solid lineman. If a QB falls in the 3rd I would take a flyer on a QB in 2019 and let him compete and hopefully he develops into a solid number 2. I still think we unload the whole 2020 draft for one of the QB's we target. At that point our system and core players should be in place.

Drafting a QB in 2019 and giving that player 1 year to prove himself with this offensive line, this new coaching staff with a new system, and new playbook is not realistic. One can not expect a Mahomes type season. At best we will get a Tannehill season where there is enough good and we are tempted to surround him players and give him more time to develop with the team. We will be headed to another 3 year start over.

I think we build the lines. Trade down in the first and pickup 2 solid lineman. If a QB falls in the 3rd I would take a flyer on a QB in 2019 and let him compete and hopefully he develops into a solid number 2. I still think we unload the whole 2020 draft for one of the QB's we target. At that point our system and core players should be in place.

This would be the best outcome, unless some freak top5 player drops down to us like tunsil.

I'll say it again, building the lines to in affect make a 7-9 team better is a stupid idea if you are planning to rebuild. How are you going to pick up that QB in 2020 with a mid to late round pick ? The only course of action where this makes any sense is if you put someone like Fales or Falk as your starter, someone who clearly has no chance.

We really need to think of this in a backwards manner, get your QB first then build the Oline. Oakland already have 2 first rounders in 2020, there are a lot of teams ready to start thinking of their future, teams such as NE, NO, Pitt along with the already QB needy teams like NYG, Jax and Denver. 2020 could very well be a very tough time to be looking for a franchise QB, it's not the stacked class everyone is making it out to be, there are genuine questions with the #1 guy Tua, questions he'll have to answer next year, Herbert is far from a can't miss, Fromm is nothing more than a game manager, the best one may be Jordan Love but he's hardly proven himself either.

Two of the best three QBs this season, per the Heisman voting, are in this year's draft, passing up on the chance to draft one of them because you are nervous about the quality of the line (when that's a bloody problem everywhere in the league and not a problem with personnel so much as it is with coaching) is a foolhardy tactic. Unfortunately the brain trust at this franchise agrees with your approach, perhaps that's why you and others have attempted to pass it off as your idea, but right now we have to either suck in amazing style in 2019 or get extremely lucky in 2020's draft for this approach to work out, hopefully it's all a smoke screen and they have a plan to draft Murray or Haskins or Lock.

Back
Top Bottom