Just another reason wanny sucked | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just another reason wanny sucked

armyfinfan

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Wade Smith was forced to play because of injury in his rookie year. He was a former TE who had like what 1-2 years of line play and Started at LT basically the whole Season. Wade was a 3rd rd. pick. Vernon Carey was arguably the 2nd best Olineman in the 2004 draft and a staple on the Oline of the Miami Hurricanes. He could play either guard or RT and yet he barely plays in his rookie season. Now I know they play 2 different positions but cmon if Wade was good enough to start at LT then why wasnt Vernon good enough to play RG. He could have played guard or RT, in fact had he played he would've gotten better with the experience he would have gained. It just goes to show you Wanny had no clue what the hell he was doin. The investment in Vernon was huge with a first and fourth rd selection that alone should of found him more playing time. I cant believe he wasnt smart enough or good enough to play last year.

Look at how vernon was pushed to the side....Look at how Feeley was pushed to the side....you think Wanny was stonewalling anybody brought in by Rick?

Interesting that Saban mentioned in his radio interview that VC did not start last year and he considers him an ADDITION to this years O-Line. Speaks volumes for his lack of respect for the exiting coaching staff. You know that he got this feedback from our new O-Line coach.

This year is gonna be fun..... :D

inFINSible said:
Look at how vernon was pushed to the side....Look at how Feeley was pushed to the side....you think Wanny was stonewalling anybody brought in by Rick?

He obviously couldnt handle the demotion to Rick. That whole situation was funcked up. With Wayne being as smart as he is Im surprised he let it get that far.

yeah over the next year or two as things play out, everything wanny F'd up will be exposed, and anyone that wasn't sure about just how bad the coaching staff has been around here for the last few years will get to see the light.

armyfinfan said:
He obviously couldnt handle the demotion to Rick. That whole situation was funcked up. With Wayne being as smart as he is Im surprised he let it get that far.
Who'd have thought that an alledged dirty dealer like Wayne, would have such a soft heart? :lol:

I hate Dave

I hope that this forum continues to post thier dislikes for dave and fiedler because it only validates my opinion of the two since 2001.

yeah i definately think vernon carey is gonna be a beats in the NFL... i hate how people call him a bust after ONE year when he didn't even get a chance to play and the 2 games he did he didn't allow a sack or get a FS... im excited about him

Vernon isn't a bust, but a lot of this stuff should be on him. He's not exactly the type of person that will bust his rump to be the best he can possibly be. Art Kehoe mentioned that at Miami, he had to stay on top of Vernon or else Vernon would settle for just being an "OK" lineman. They gave him the nickname "OK" Carey. He's also had weight problems.

This guy is definitely a talent though, a clear first round talent that can play right tackle and both guard spots (I don't really think he has the feet to play left tackle). Hudson Houck is going to have his work cut out for him though, because from all indications, he's going to have to keep the cattle prod to Vernon's rear.

Vernon Carey and Stockar McDougle are two major, major talents that have basically been added to this offensive line. Both have a history of needed that kick in the butt to get them started though.

If McIntosh is healthy, I don't think Carey can beat him out at LT. McIntosh has proved to be a decent player at the position. He started at LT for 3 years in San Diego under Houck. Dolphins' fans have to remember that last year, McIntosh was playing on two ankles that had surgery, and that he was doubtful to even play during the season. But, Wade Smith was so bad, they rushed him back from the injury to get a veteran in the lineup. If he's healthy, he's going to be fine for us. I believe that Carey will win the RG job. I think C is still our biggest weakness. McKinney just doesn't seem to have the explosion and strength needed to play the position. Maybe Hadnot or Smith steps up.

To me at least, Carey proved he should have been our starting RT during the 2 games he DID start. He was actually one of our better lineman during that time (he did give up one sack, but it was called back due to penalty)

now i know our O-line is young and to me it seemed as they geled further down the season last year and were playing better and better i like the talent we have...but why did wanny get rid of all of our starters on o-line 2 years ago Mark Dixon, Jaime Nails, Tim Ruddy these guys helped ricky get the rushing crown they wanny the genius gets rid of them all....

They were old and broken down.

Besides that was Rick's doing.

well i agree with Ruddy and Dixon but i beleive fat *** Nails stilled had fuel in the tank it was awesome watching him play and just hit people and make wholes for ricky (remember the Detroit game) but yeh Dixon was done and so was Tim but remember Wanny and Rick tried to get Olin Kruetz and failed...wonder why

Noodle Arm thanks...

Back
Top Bottom