Just had a very HAPPY thought. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just had a very HAPPY thought.

ARealFinsFan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I was just thinking that maybe a collapse CAN happen.

at Texans (Texans stand up and upset teams OFTEN)
at Colts (Colts are just better than NE)
Dolphins (A must win if we plan about even thinking Div. Title)
Jaguars (No pushover with recent history)
at Jets (A long time nemesis, Jets always finish strong)
Bills (They beat them 31-0 already, we would take 3-0 in this one.)

Are you thinking what I am thinking?

It's certainly possible, but I just don't see the Patriots going any worse than 3-3 in that stretch, which would mean the Dolphins would have to go 5-1 over their last 6, and the loss couldn't be to New England.

I agree. they def will beat Houston and JAx, because they have a good coach!!!!!(must be nice) Who will not allow them to take teams lightly and take a week off. That leaves the Colts, Fins, jets, Bills. I would be shocked with anything worse than 3-3 but 2-4 is the absolute worst they could finish. And that would take us going 5-1 or 4-2. Very tough. We must win our next 3 in a row to even begin to think about a Division title, and that will be no easy task.

The Pats are the OSU of the NFL they just don't lose, I don't see them losing late I predict another Pats SB they look like the best team in the NFL this year, yes.... better then KC IMO. I'm thinking maybe Carolina and NE in the SB at this point.

Let's not get carried away. I think they are a good team as well, but clearly better than KC, Indy and Especially Tennessee?????? You may be right(i hope not) but i think Tenn is better than NE....

Originally posted by Dolphin Dan
Let's not get carried away. I think they are a good team as well, but clearly better than KC, Indy and Especially Tennessee?????? You may be right(i hope not) but i think Tenn is better than NE....

Well, NE did beat Tennessee when they played.....and NE plays Indy soon, so that should be interesting.

NE has gotten lucky. If Mare didn't have his head up his a$$ the day we played them they wouldn't have beaten us. I don't see them winning out. It looks like a lot of people are drinking the kool aid with respect to the Pats. It's in our best interest for everyone to overlook us right now. I predict there will be a role reversal between the phins and pats in the next month.

Originally posted by lotion
NE has gotten lucky. If Mare didn't have his head up his a$$ the day we played them they wouldn't have beaten us. I don't see them winning out. It looks like a lot of people are drinking the kool aid with respect to the Pats. It's in our best interest for everyone to overlook us right now. I predict there will be a role reversal between the phins and pats in the next month.
"If Mare didn't have his head up his a$$ the day we played them they wouldn't have beaten us.":rolleyes:

and if the earth stopped spinning we'd all die

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
and if the earth stopped spinning we'd all die

Not me... I am nailed to this stupid cross.. I'll be ok

Most Pats fans are happy with "guarded optimism". Meaning, we're happy to be winning....and winning is always better than losing even if it's ugly....but we know we're not great.....but who is?

The goal is to make the playoffs and stay healthy and see what unfolds. We've seen 3 Patriots Cinderella SB runs so far, so it can be done.

We've overcome tons of injuries with sound coaching and rookie players stepping up, but honestly......
1) We beat the Jets without Pennington
2) Don't know how we hung 38 pts on the Titans to win that one
3) We played Philly when McNabb was in a funk
4) Olindo Mare handed us the Miami game
5) Shanny handed us the Denver game - without Elam and Plummer
6) Now we play Houston and Carr is banged up

With the tremendous parity coaching is the biggest difference between many teams.

Life is good....but with "guarded optimism".
In Bill we trust.

I am more concerned with Denver right now. That's who our real fight is with at this point.

Here's their remaining schedule:

Nov. 23 Chicago 4:05 PM ET
The only "gimme" remaining on their schedule.

Nov. 30 @Oakland 4:15 PM ET
Obviously, Oakland hasn't been playing well and that should be a W also, but you can't deny the quality on that roster.

Dec. 7 Kansas City 4:15 PM ET
KC is the better team.

Dec. 14 Cleveland 4:05 PM ET
Denver is the better team, but Cleveland can rise up and beat just about anybody any time. Still should be a W.

Dec. 21 @Indianapolis 8:30 PM ET
Indy is the better team.

Dec. 28 @Green Bay 4:15 PM ET
50/50 - teams are pretty even and this one could go either way.

So they could finish out anywhere from 2-4 to 4-2. I think it's going to go down to the last game.

Originally posted by Rebar71
So they could finish out anywhere from 2-4 to 4-2. I think it's going to go down to the last game.

So you give them wins over what team ?

It's always tough to beat the Raiders at Oakland, even more in a divisional game. Chicago should be a win but so was the Texans for us or the Chargers for the Colts or...

Originally posted by PatsWin2002
We've seen 3 Patriots Cinderella SB runs so far, so it can be done.

Was the 1996-1997 Patriots season and play-offs really a Cinderella run? I guess I don't think so. It's hard to call it a Cinderella run when you have a bye and play both AFC games at home. But you're certainly right about the other two.....the first one didn't they win all their games on the road?.....and the most recent one with the Snow Bowl, the upset at Pittsburgh, and the even bigger upset over St. Louis in te Super Bowl.

Originally posted by FinsGoToGuy

So you give them wins over what team ?

It's always tough to beat the Raiders at Oakland, even more in a divisional game. Chicago should be a win but so was the Texans for us or the Chargers for the Colts or...
I was thinking of wins over possibly Chicago, Oakland, Cleveland - but Oakland and Cleveland are far from gimmes. I think they lose at Indy and Green Bay. KC could go either way.

Back
Top Bottom