Just had a very HAPPY thought. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just had a very HAPPY thought.

As I stated on another thread, they have to get going and playing some serious football before we even think of the playoffs.
I will not matter who anyone else is playing if this is what we have down the stretch. yes the coach sucks, our o line blows and DT couldn't catch a pass in a game even if it was taped to his jersey, but we need to get it going now or its time to start interviewing for the vacant head coaching position. :shakeno:

Originally posted by DolphinzD
It's certainly possible, but I just don't see the Patriots going any worse than 3-3 in that stretch, which would mean the Dolphins would have to go 5-1 over their last 6, and the loss couldn't be to New England.

That's true, but the loss probably couldn't be to the Jets or Bills either, if Miami were to have a shot at the division tiebreak.

While the Pats clearly have the advantage for the East, I'd look at it this way: you have to assume the Fins will win in NE, otherwise it's not worth even trying to figure out how they could take the division. If that ties Miami with the Pats, then the Fins will hold the tiebreak edge and the division lead going into the last three games. If it leaves the Fins a game back, it still means that the Pats are one game away from losing the division lead with three to play.

If you assume the Fins will lose again (which seems reasonable), it's far better to lose one of the NFC games than one of the division ones -- for the best shot at the division as well as the wildcard.

The Fins need at least one win out of these next two games to stay in it. Two is obviously better, but if they beat the Skins then I don't see the Dallas game as a 'must-win.' It would however be a great opportunity, since it would leave NE going to Indy knowing that if they lose they will face a game a week later in which they could lose the division lead (via tiebreak edge).

Anyway, that's thinking way ahead. We need some help to take the division at this point, but it's not quite in longshot territory... yet. At least as far as the standings/tiebreaks go.

Originally posted by PatsWin2002
Most Pats fans are happy with "guarded optimism". Meaning, we're happy to be winning....and winning is always better than losing even if it's ugly....but we know we're not great.....but who is?

The goal is to make the playoffs and stay healthy and see what unfolds. We've seen 3 Patriots Cinderella SB runs so far, so it can be done.

We've overcome tons of injuries with sound coaching and rookie players stepping up, but honestly......
1) We beat the Jets without Pennington
2) Don't know how we hung 38 pts on the Titans to win that one
3) We played Philly when McNabb was in a funk
4) Olindo Mare handed us the Miami game
5) Shanny handed us the Denver game - without Elam and Plummer
6) Now we play Houston and Carr is banged up

With the tremendous parity coaching is the biggest difference between many teams.

Life is good....but with "guarded optimism".
In Bill we trust.

Nice post PW2002, but don't bring yourself down with these points...

IMO, Luck is good and bad. If a team is well coached and players believe they can win, it brings them good luck.

If they cannot react to adversity, than they will only see the bad side of luck...

The Pats are playing sound football, and IMO Billick is playing a conservative type of game.... So far it has worked well for them..

GOOO FIINZ

:cooldude:

Originally posted by DolphinzD

Was the 1996-1997 Patriots season and play-offs really a Cinderella run? I guess I don't think so. It's hard to call it a Cinderella run when you have a bye and play both AFC games at home. But you're certainly right about the other two.....the first one didn't they win all their games on the road?.....and the most recent one with the Snow Bowl, the upset at Pittsburgh, and the even bigger upset over St. Louis in te Super Bowl.

96/97 was the least "Cinderella" of the bunch. We were just such a losing franchise for so long that we were always the underdog (still are most of the time).

That run in '85 was amazing winning on the road against the Jets, Raiders.....and in the final game at the Orange Bowl. You probably remember it well. Unfortunately, one of the best all-time teams was waiting for us in the SB - the 1985 Bears.

In 96, Green Bay was just better.

New England has been very impressive. However, this will not last forever. They will not win ANOTHER Super Bowl.

I posted this a week ago...

New England Schedule (7-2)

Nov. 16 Dallas (7-2)
Nov. 23 @Houston (3-6)
Nov. 30 @Indianapolis (7-2)
Dec. 7 Miami (5-4)
Dec. 14 Jacksonville (2-7)
Dec. 20 @NY Jets (3-6)
Dec. 27 Buffalo (4-5)

Opponents W/L Record (31-30)

Miami Schedule (5-4)

Nov. 16 Baltimore (5-4)
Nov. 23 Washington (4-5)
Nov. 27 @Dallas (7-2)
Dec. 7 @New England (7-2)
Dec. 15 Philadelphia (6-3)
Dec. 21 @Buffalo (4-5)
Dec. 28 NY Jets (3-6)

Opponents W/L Record (36-27)

OK, here is what I see happening:

NE will finsih up either 10-6 or 11-5. They SHOULD beat Houston, Jacksonville, and Buffalo (3 Wins). Probable losses to Dallas, Indy, Miami (that's right) (3 Losses). Toss up - NY Jets.

We CAN finish VERY STRONG!!!! We should beat Baltimore, Washington, New England, Buffalo and NY Jets. (5 Wins). Possible losses to either Dallas or Philadelphia (1 loss) - I don't see us losing to both!

We finish tied with NE for first in the Division but we win the Division since we have a better division record.

I know that things have looked bleak during the last three losses, but we need to be optimistic about our chances.

The season is not over............We still have 7 games and we can get this in gear!

We have all of the players that we started the season with - when EVERYONE had visions of us going to the Superbowl!

Don't quit on this team, and don't lost faith!

That new england team that won a super bowl HAD a power running game that was capable of controlling the clock on anybody......this new england team can't run for crap....their own weather will be there undoing.

Originally posted by rickykicks@$$
The Pats are the OSU of the NFL they just don't lose, I don't see them losing late I predict another Pats SB they look like the best team in the NFL this year, yes.... better then KC IMO. I'm thinking maybe Carolina and NE in the SB at this point.

If we had a good kicker we wouls have beat them twice. Then that would make us the best team in the NFL. And we know that a bit far fetched.

I know, guys.......it's smoke and mirrors most of the time with this Pats team.....but, when in doubt....

"In Bill We Trust"

I don't buy that Smoke and Mirrors crap. They simply outplay superior talent with heart and the best coaching in the NFL......

Originally posted by Bazinet37
I don't buy that Smoke and Mirrors crap. They simply outplay superior talent with heart and the best coaching in the NFL......

Yes. That Super Bowl where they beat the Rams remains as one of the best gameplans (and execution) I have ever seen.

Originally posted by PatsWin2002

96/97 was the least "Cinderella" of the bunch. We were just such a losing franchise for so long that we were always the underdog (still are most of the time).

That run in '85 was amazing winning on the road against the Jets, Raiders.....and in the final game at the Orange Bowl. You probably remember it well. Unfortunately, one of the best all-time teams was waiting for us in the SB - the 1985 Bears.

In 96, Green Bay was just better.

PW2002, I was at the Orange Bowl for that game in 1985. WOW it was exciting and it was the first time I went to anything other than a regular season game...

I remember your team's behind was handed over, by the Bears that year in the SB.

If it wasn't for D. Marino and the Finz, the Bears would have gone undefeated that year!

GOOO FIIINZ

:cooldude:

GO PATS!!!!

So, if we go 3-3 the rest of the way, we finish 11-5!!!!

YAY!

We are 4-0 vs winning teams which meakes me a happy panda. But we lost the the Deadskins :cry: and got Rap## by the Bills :yell: :fire: so we still have soem work to do.

I don't know how we put up 38 on the Titans. No clue.

I would like us to go 13-3 or 12-4. That would be great news.

Back
Top Bottom