just heard on ESPN | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

just heard on ESPN

stoody24

Buckeye Fin Fan
Reaction score
Just heard on ESPN that Nick Saban wants a healthy split of 40 carries between Ricky and Ronnie.

bout time we run the ball, but hopefully it wont be all talk
which means we cant play from behind

Well, 40 carries is kinda heavy, but, if true, glad to see Saban putting his foot on Linehan's neck.

i am still not a big fan of the RBBC..... no one in this league is successful by doing that. stick with ONE guy.

texasPHINSfan said:
i am still not a big fan of the RBBC..... no one in this league is successful by doing that. stick with ONE guy.

Tell the Chiefs that....very successful at RBBC.

texasPHINSfan said:

The Chiefs seem to be doing a good job at it. Our problem is we have them in the backfield at the same time. That brings 8 men into the box. We need to have them in on different series.

Mack and Byner did a pretty darn good job of it back in the day.

We need to stick to the plan even if we are 10 down...act like we are ahead.

hopefully we can get over 200 yards on the ground today

but this is what i would really like to see...

If/when Ricky starts producing i would like to see the fins adopt a RB sequence like the chiefs. The chiefs go 2 series with priest and 1 series with johnson. We could do 2 with brown, 1 with ricky

texasPHINSfan said:

I don't think RBBC covers 40 carries with each guy getting 20. That scheme usually contemplates like 25-28 carries with a split.

I don't care how good Ronnie or Ricky are -- they'd die if we ran them 40. ;)

texasPHINSfan said:

Pittsburgh, KC, Atlanta....

I think it works ok.

stoody24 said:
what do you guys think about the rotation i stated above

I really like it because it allows us to keep a pair of fresh legs in at all times. It will really be helpful once we enter the 4th quarter. If we are leading, it will let us run out the clock. During that time hopefully we'll be able to break a long run.

this is great news, i hope we set the tone early today. time for the o-line to take it to the next level.

Back
Top Bottom