Just heard on total access | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just heard on total access

yeah i would'nt mind having charles woodson myself..everyone says hes overated which may be true..but he did win the heisman

You should see how bad i have ripped him on numerous boards. Woodson is the most overrated palyer in the NFL. He said he wants to be paid as the best corner in the nfl. If that is the case then no team should want him. Especially when Oakland asking price is a first round (initial report). Woodson is the reason Tampa scored 48 points in the super bowl. He just came back from injury then but he has never recovered. The guy should be playing saftey because all he wants to do is hit people and not cover them. It would be perfect if Kansas city traded for him and then paid him as the leagues top corner and then had to move him to saftey because they figured out he sucked. Paying a saftey 9 million a year is the way to win championships.

Joneal7 said:
yeah i would'nt mind having charles woodson myself..everyone says hes overated which may be true..but he did win the heisman

He DID win a heisman. he was good once.

The guy doesnt care enough to play anymore, has too big of an ego and has been getting burned regularly in the NFL. 4 years ago he was the best corner in the NFL (I always tried to say Sam was). But most people said he was. He was young, had tonnes of potential, won a heisman, perfect size (6'1" 200) and had the athletic ability. However he is just trash now.

Chuckenice said:
I'm sure Al Davis would much rather have Woodson covering Moss then Surtain
:confused:

PhinsPhan said:
You should see how bad i have ripped him on numerous boards.
:rolleyes:

PhinsPhan said:
Woodson is the most overrated palyer in the NFL.
To make a bold statement like that, I'm assuming you get a lot of football on Sundays. Exactly, how many NFL games a week do you catch up there in Canada...:rolleyes:

PhinsPhan said:
He said he wants to be paid as the best corner in the nfl. If that is the case then no team should want him.
So you're saying that if a player asks to be the highest paid player at his position, no team should be interested in that player... :rolleyes:

PhinsPhan said:
Woodson is the reason Tampa scored 48 points in the super bowl.
Is that right... Who was it that threw 5 INTs? :rolleyes:

From the Super Bowl I watched, Woodson gave up 1 TD, but also had a pick... considering he was still playing on a stress fracture, I really wouldn't expect more from a guy playing at about 75%.

PhinsPhan said:
He just came back from injury then but he has never recovered.
He hasn't recovered... based on what?

In 2003, his first season after the injury marred 2002 season, he shut out both Hines Ward and Derrick Mason (both of whom were named to the Pro Bowl) and held Randy Moss to 25 yards receiving. Then he went the last 5 games of the season without letting in one pass (before getting suspended for the final game).

This past season, Woodson held M.Harrison, E.Moulds, and P.Burress each to one catch. For the duration of the season, he did not allow any receiver to catch more than 3 passes on him.

As a point of comparison, Champ Bailey allowed Chad Johnson to go for 149 yards and Jerry Porter set career highs in both yardage (135) and TDs (3) against Champ Bailey.

So would you mind explaining exactly what you've seen in Canada to think Woodson can't play? :rolleyes:

Jaj said:
He was a 2nd rounder!

If anything brought him hype it was an incredible 2001-2002 campaign that he's fallen off from.

He was the 3rd overall pick in the draft and like 1 of only 2 defensive players ever to win the Heismann trophy....

Dolfan2788 said:
He was the 3rd overall pick in the draft and like 1 of only 2 defensive players ever to win the Heismann trophy....

Oh I thought you were talking about Surtain! I was like :confused:

I think he was the 4th by the way. (Andre Wadsworth was 3rd)

Jaj said:
Oh I thought you were talking about Surtain! I was like :confused:

I think he was the 4th by the way. (Andre Wadsworth was 3rd)

Cool, you seemed smarter than that in your other posts, I thought you might have been talking about Surtain.

...funny fact Surtain and Madison were picked in consecutive years at the exact same pick :wink:

Woodson is very inconsistent wether or not he has been injured the guy must be injured every year because he is always getting burnt.

SkapePhin said:
No way in HADES that good ol' Al Davis trades Charles Woodson to the hated Chiefs.

Why not? Moss would easily torch Woodson(most overrated player in the league) for 3 or 4 tds everytime they play.

Dolfan2788 said:
Cool, you seemed smarter than that in your other posts, I thought you might have been talking about Surtain.

...funny fact Surtain and Madison were picked in consecutive years at the exact same pick :wink:

I knew they were close, but I didn't realize that they were the exact same pick!

i wouldn't be surprised if Woodson wound up with the Chiefs. long-term chiefs have become raiders many times and vice versa. it's what heats one of the leagues most fierce rivalries.

marcus allen is just the first i can think of.

bakedmatt said:
i wouldn't be surprised if Woodson wound up with the Chiefs. long-term chiefs have become raiders many times and vice versa. it's what heats one of the leagues most fierce rivalries.

marcus allen is just the first i can think of.

I don't think they traded him however.

SoCal Raider said:
To make a bold statement like that, I'm assuming you get a lot of football on Sundays. Exactly, how many NFL games a week do you catch up there in Canada...:rolleyes:

So would you mind explaining exactly what you've seen in Canada to think Woodson can't play? :rolleyes:

You do know that Canadians do get NFL Sunday Ticket don't you?

Back
Top Bottom