Just incase some of you didnt know..... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just incase some of you didnt know.....

Matty Ice with a solid first game. First NFL pass.....60+ yard TD strike. 9/13 no turnovers. Not too shabby.

I Guess Beck> Ryan lol. I still support passing on Ryan for Long but u know I loved his potential. Too many people look at some stats and not others when judging college qb's. Ryan had a mediocre team around him and was beating some damn good teams.

Grabbing a QB with our 1st pick would have been pointless, any QB. We had to have a left tackle 1st. The line had to be fixed 1st. Some advocated waiting till the 2nd to get a left tackle, "there will be plenty of good ones available in the 2nd" they said. No, there weren't. All of them went in 1st, including the ones that should have gone somewhere in the 3rd. Maybe we will end up missing Ryan, maybe we won't, but I can still tell you putting any QB behind that line we would have been staring another 1-15 season right in the face. The fins did the right thing.
Disagree that we "had" to pick a LOT. QB is the most important position and you simply dont get that many chances to get a franchise QB. Now Henne has looked alright in preseason so there's a good chance that we may get both our franchise QB and LOT in the same draft. As to LOT there is no reason we couldnt have gotten one next year if our front office thought Ryan was heads and shoulders above the other QBs and a legitimate franchise QB. Time will tell whether they made the right decision

Mmmm, Lions. Pretty good team too, I'm sure Atlanta goes 13-3 this year :rolleyes2:

You know what bro....I never said the Lions were any good. Im also not suggesting the Falcons will even sniff 8 wins, they may, but I dont expect them to.

Thing is though...bottom line....Matty Ice looked pretty solid yesterday. Name one time you couldve said that about John Beck. No one is having to make excuses for Matty Ice's play yesterday either. Not only did he do his job pretty well, his team got the W.

I really dont see how you can try and knock it at this point. Unless youre just hating because youre still 228th in line behind a bunch of other people around here to get to your turn on Beck's........:unsure:

Mmmm, Lions. Pretty good team too, I'm sure Atlanta goes 13-3 this year :rolleyes2:

Packers and Bears?....They are alright...:rolleyes:...But i mean they don't compare to the Pats without Brady and the chargers right? Not too mention our losses are to division rivals that are both 4-2 like us and yours are too?......oh yeah...Arizona, Houston, and the Jets.....I guess Matt Ryan is alright after all just like he was in the pre-season......:up:.....Seriously tho, I'm kinda excited to see how the wild cat runs against the best defense in the league this weekend...

Packers and Bears?....They are alright...:rolleyes:...But i mean they don't compare to the Pats without Brady and the chargers right? Not too mention our losses are to division rivals that are both 4-2 like us and yours are too?......oh yeah...Arizona, Houston, and the Jets.....I guess Matt Ryan is alright after all just like he was in the pre-season......:up:.....Seriously tho, I'm kinda excited to see how the wild cat runs against the best defense in the league this weekend...

Don't get many responses nowadays, huh? :sidelol:

The throw Ryan had last week in between like 4 defenders to Roddy White was ridiculous. The Falcons were hosed by a horribly bad call.

so you really think matt ryan would be able to perform well without a good left tackle protecting his blind side.

so you really think matt ryan would be able to perform well without a good left tackle protecting his blind side.

Sure. Who's to say the one he has is all that good anyway? Thats what GREAT NFL QBs do. They get it done even if they have subpar talent around them. Ryan can compensate for less than stellar LT play, just like many great QBs can and have. A good LT does always help though.

I can reverse the question as well. Can a LT perform well without a good QB back there making a great play on occasion to mask the mistakes a good LT may make on occasion?

You should ask Vernon Carey how easy it was to do his job last year knowing that if he didnt completely dominate his defender that the guy behind him would do NOTHING to help him out. Ask him if all that extra pressure helped him perform at all.

Then ask him how he felt knowing that even if he did a great job at LT that the QB behind him may still make him look bad and take a sack from the man he was blocking even if he held his block for quite a reasonable amount of time. No pressure or anything.

After that ask him, or hell anyone that played LT in the league, if they were much more comfortable if they had a QB behind them that they knew even if he werent able to dominate his defender that his QB would make him look good and make a play.

You guys really need to get real with this stuff and realize that in the NFL the QB position is MUCH MUCH MUCH more important than the LT. Simple fact, a great or good QB can overcome a mistake made by a LT and still make a play. However a LT can do NOTHING about a mistake by the QB. Also a bad QB can nullify a fine effort by a LT, whereas a bad play by a LT does not as often nullify a fine effort by a QB as the other way around.

Dudes, the QB handles the ball on EVERY PLAY(unless of course youre running the WILDCAT :lol:) A LT is ONE of a UNIT of FIVE that blocks for others to make plays. And the QB is the one who must make the most plays.

wv im not going to dispute ryan is a good qb so far. but without protection he would be chop meat and he still has not passed his sophmore slump as they say. if you want to praise the guy go ahead but when you say he would of been a better choice then long for the dolphins in this particular draft i will argue that with you

wv im not going to dispute ryan is a good qb so far. but without protection he would be chop meat and he still has not passed his sophmore slump as they say. if you want to praise the guy go ahead but when you say he would of been a better choice then long for the dolphins in this particular draft i will argue that with you

It's too early to know who would've been the better choice. Finding a good Qb in the NFL seems to be nearly impossible. Pennington is the first decent Qb the Phins have had since Marino. If Ryan ends up being a franchise Qb for the next 12 years and Long ends up being a franchise LT for the next 12 years; Personally i'd take the Qb. It's still really early to annoint anybody with greatness on either team. Ryan obviously is more noticeable because of the position he plays and the Vick saga. You didn't say this but I think alot of people would say Long was a much better pick just because the Dolphins selected him. Regardless of what Ryan ever did. We haven't seen Henne play in a regular season game. Untill we see that for a prolonged period of time it's hard to say what was the right pick. If Henne's great then obviously Long was the right selection. If Henne never amounts to anything than we'll continue to see the Dolphins sitting at home during the playoffs.

But let's remember..Beck was going to be 10X the QB Ryan would ever be.

After all, he lit up powerhouses like Wyoming, New Mexico, St Mary's School for the Blind, etc.

That said, I'm still glad we got Henne. I think he'll do great things for us.

BTW, speaking of Beck...

Whatever happened to all of those BYU "Miami" fans? Like the one dude who got all defensive and told me "You better get used to seeing my face around here".

Funny stuff.

i got one...just like your season last year....:lol::lol::lol:

I think you misunderstood the context of my comment...lol..

Matt Ryan was the player I wanted Miami to select....

And it looked like all the Matt Ryan bashers just ran out of bullets....:sidelol:

Back
Top Bottom