Just some crap I've been hearing. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just some crap I've been hearing.

norv's philosophy to me is always to pass more early in the game and try to get a lead. And then hammer them into the ground.

But hell, looking at our QB and RB, I think even martz might come around to running the ball...

I'm not as high on Bulger as I was before. He just makes alot of mistakes. And he throws lots of interceptions. While he'd definitely be an upgrade to what we have, I think the league adjusted to him......and he has yet to fully react/compensate.

That said, Norv would do him good. He'd give him a legit running game. I think he'd do even better in Miami than St. Louis. So I guess I wouldn't be opposed to such a move.

The league has just been steadily adjusting to that all out Rams passing attack. Martz STILL does not know how to utilize Marshall Faulk. He's not a frickin receiver he is a RUNNINGBACK.

Did you know that against the Panthers, in what ended up being the 5th longest game in NFL history, Martz only ran Faulk I believe a total of 19 times???

You gotta realize something about the Rams attack and why Warner couldn't cut it there, and why Bulger ended up having trouble too.

Its a risk/reward thing. If ya wanna have a QB get himself 101 rating and lead an offense that eats up more yardage than just about anyone else in the league, you've gotta be tough on your QB and that is exactly what Martz is. He doesn't make things easy for Bulger AT ALL in that offense. He tells him to sit back to the count of 4 or 5 and wait for those receivers to get open deep down the field. Then he doesn't even give him the kind of ground game that helps take the pressure off those kinds of situations.

When the Rams offense was working, defenses didn't know WHAT to defend. Marshall Faulk was eating up ground and doing damage like Priest Holmes has been doing the past 3 years, as perhaps the most feared runningback over that period. Also the Rams had 3 legitimate targets at WR in Bruce, Holt, and Hakim. Holt may be a god now, but Bruce is far from it nowadays, and they've had a bunch of untalented cabbage at 3rd WR ever since, without a proper TE to replace that hole at 3rd WR. What this all led up to, was helping the offensive line buy TONS of time for Kurt Warner to sit back there with a clean jersey and pick teams apart utilizing a cannon arm, super accuracy, and blazing speed at the WR spot. That OL blocked extraordinarily well.

Now, the OL has been blocking like crap for the past 2 years or so...despite having an all-world tackle tandem in Turley and Pace. I also suspect that the lack of a consistently DANGEROUS running game has made things way more difficult for the OL.

Bulger can't sit back and tear teams apart like Warner use to be able to when he had all the time in the world. But Warner can't operate that offense into winning machinery unless he's got plenty of protection...yet, Bulger can, and certainly DID this season. I mean guys lets be fair here since Bulger took over the Rams went 13-3 and lost that last game in DOUBLE OVERTIME. One of those losses against the lowly Detroit Lions I more than half suspect was because they only half-played the game knowing they were getting a bye week no matter what.

What Bulger does well is operate a smart passing game and be super accurate. He is streaky, a lot like Fiedler is streaky, but probably ten times better than Fiedler.

Its kinda funny how one double OT loss can get blown out of proportion to the point where one of the league's hottest commodities at QB becomes a dirtbag. Martz may indeed get rid of Bulger or allow some team like the Phins to grab him, but if he does its just another in a long line of crazy maneuvers by Martz as a head coach who has proved to be genius enough to get to the super bowl, and dumb enough to lose games by making stupid coaching decisions.

A lot like Bill Belichick was in Cleveland before everything he touched started turning to gold in New England. Could be worst though, he could have kept his job at the Jets and had THEM win a super bowl. Ugh. That would be aweful.

Bulger is also a young quarterback. He is just a 4th year player, and some of you are expecting him to be completely flawless.

If put into this offense, where the emphasis is on power running and play action, Bulger would be outstanding. He's the type of pure drop back passer this team needs.....good size......good arm strengt.....great accuracy.

Originally posted by Muck
I'm not as high on Bulger as I was before. He just makes alot of mistakes. And he throws lots of interceptions. While he'd definitely be an upgrade to what we have, I think the league adjusted to him......and he has yet to fully react/compensate.

That said, Norv would do him good. He'd give him a legit running game. I think he'd do even better in Miami than St. Louis. So I guess I wouldn't be opposed to such a move.

I agree on your first premise there Muck. He has been very Jayfiedleresque. I dont think we should be pondering guys like Bulger. Martz may have givin him a complex or something but i feel the best thing right now is Brunell based on his wanted to come here. As long as we draft a Rivers or a Schaub, i think we can do wonders with Brunell cus he has that mobility about him. people will say that he is old or that he isnt as good as he used to be, but i say he was fine when he lost his job its just that Jax doesnt know how to win games yet under Rio and he wanted to go with his young stud, as he should have. That gives us a guy who is lefty and changes things up a bit for us and has a good QB rating over his carreer.

Originally posted by ckparrothead

What Bulger does well is operate a smart passing game and be super accurate. He is streaky, a lot like Fiedler is streaky, but probably ten times better than Fiedler.

I see what your saying CK but how can you be ten times better than fiedler? you sound like my wife who always exagerrates everything to make a point. Im just needlin ya on this one little blurb here. I dont think we need streaky. I think we need a guy like Brunell who knows the game, can move around if need be, and is a proven leader who guys like and will make plays for. I was against Brunell a couple of weeks ago, but now i see that brunell will have a good chance of coming here after we cut jf/griese.

I just didnt like what i saw or heard in the media about Bulger this year. There is a local guy here in rochester named bob mathews and he was always touting Bulger last year and this year he became weary of him with all the interceptions. now i dont take what this guy ever says to the bank but i do believe he is right on on this one. Bulger is a nice solid Qb and maybe a chnage of scenery would be great for him w/ norv, but i would rather go with a guy who is a little older who can teach a young kid something in years to come. Not someone like Bulger who still has some learning to do. Know what i mean?

I want neithe Bulger or Warner near this team. They are both system QB's. Without all of the pieces in place in St. Louis that they have Bulger would be talk of in the likes of Kerry Collins Drew Brees even Ryan Leaf. Ray Lucas could put up huge numbers with that supporting cast. I like QB's that put up good numbers on BAD teams. Brunell being one example. Shows they are actually the ones making the plays. How often if ever do you see the Rams WR's covered? They are always WIDE open, therfore I am not impressed.

Ditto on Bulger

I would love Bulger. Out of all the QBs possibilities out there (realistic ones not Manning) he's young born in 77 has a great arm and I believe he's hungry.

Originally posted by Rick 1966

I think if you put Fiedler behind that O line, with Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt as his WRs, he could put up a pretty decent QB rating too.

No.

Jay would just over throw them.

Bulger would be a great choice. By the way if you think that Ram OL is a great one guess again. Look what the Lions did to them. All points addressed to CK were very good. Look what happened when Marshall Faulk was used alot. Bulger got better and better and better.

Originally posted by ZOD

*Tough crowd*

So his 101 passer rating in 2002 and his 81 passer rating in 2003 are not good enough for you?

I suppose the ? in front of Ben Rothlisberger's name looks better. :rolleyes:

Exactly, alot of guys here don't realize that we need a professional patient QB, someone with experience and knows how to win, someone who understands the game to groom what we hope will be an early round pick at QB.
I don't think Fiedler would make a great mentor, I'm not sure if Bulger would either, but we need someone, and I think a pocket passer would do well with this offense if everything goes as planned.
Best case scenerio would be Brunell and I. Bruce coming in, minor upgrade on the right side of our line, the Drafting of Losman or Rivers at QB and Woods or that kid from Washington at WR.

If all that happened I could give a damn who they take in the 4th round on down. :D
Thats just my opinion, for whatever it's worth....

Back
Top Bottom