Just want to share this w/ the FINheaven by SirFin | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just want to share this w/ the FINheaven by SirFin

My name is Larry. I am a regular poster on Phinzone. There I am known as Sir Fin. Before I respond to this thread I want to make one thing very clear. We are all passionate fans of the Miami Dolphins. That is why you are here and that is why I spend way too much time on Phinzone.

I appreciate mia4ever putting up my "The Good, The Bad and the Ugly" post here on FinHeaven. I also appreciate those of you who disagree with my opinion. That my friends is the essence of forums. Discussion, disagreements and sometimes bitter arguments but in the end.. we are all the same... a bunch of men and women salivating for the second weekend in September when the Tennessee Yahoos come to Joe Robbie for their *** whoopin'.

Just like anything you or I write here or "over there".. it's all opinion and conjecture. There is no right and no wrong. Arguments about who is better or who should be our third receiver etc. will all be settled on the field. I have always been amused at how some fan will offer an opinion, "I think Thompson will have a better year." And somebody invariably has to retort with, "What are you smoking? That's simply moronic." It is so pretentious to believe you can discount a person just because he has an opinion. My post above is my opinion. Some agree, some don't. It's that simple. I wrote it several days ago.. I guarantee if I go back and break it down analytically I will find somethings I have changed my mind about.

One opinion of mine that I firmly believe is this. Using our 4th round pick to move up one spot to pick Vernon Carey was a mistake. I have many people who agree with me and many who don't. I will stick to my guns on this one. You simply don't give up a 4th round pick (Randy McMichael was a 4th round pick) in order to jump one spot to take an offensive lineman (Vernon Carey) when two other offensive lineman (Jake Grove and Justin Smiley) are still on the board and will be into the 2nd round. You take your chances that Dallas and New England are bluffing and let the pick play out. If indeed New England traded up and took Carey.. you re-group.. get on the phone.. trade down to the beginning of the 2nd round as well as... picking up a 4th round pick.. then you've got Justin Smiley and two 4th round picks instead of Vernon Carey. It is only my opinion.. I hope Carey goes on to be the next Richmond Webb.. but I still would have never traded away a 4th round pick like Rick Spielman did.

Regarding Injektilo*.. he got run on Phinzone and he'll get run here as well. His responses are immature and offensive and they piss people off.

He said of me,
BTW, I've been to PhinZone and Sir Fin is a poster of the most obscure, obscene, moronic drivel I've been exposed to since I started reading Dolphin Messagboards.
This is simply not true. I am well respected at Phinzone and I take exception to his comments.

And as for Dolfan91 saying I have the tendency to be negative.. and that I have been bashing Rick Spielman forever... simply not true. My nickname at Phinzone is "Mr. Sunshine" because I am very positive. I support the Miami Dolphins which include Rick Spielman, Dave Wannstedt and our players.

Finally I want to address what inFINSible said...
Thanks Dolfan91....you illustrated my point....most of us have no clue who SirFin is, so how do we know he's not embellishing certain points and ommiting others, to further his agenda?
No.. most of you don't know who I am just as I don't know who you are. I see you have almost 10,000 posts.. so that means you are very active here at FinHeaven. I haven't read your stuff so I don't know if you and I share the same philosophy regarding the team. I also don't know if you are a well-respected poster or a blow-hard that people can't stand. I simply don't know and I am not going to pass judgement. I will say this... your responses on this thread confuse me. First of all you questioned mia4ever for haveing the audacity to post somebody else's opinion.. I don't know why that would bother you so much.. and secondly... your suggesting that I embellished or ommited information to further my agenda..? AGENDA? Do you all have agendas over here? That sounds so political. I do have an agenda... I want to end a two year playoff drought. I want to get to the Super Bowl for the first time in 20 years and I want to win a World Championship for the first time in 30 years. That is my agenda and I believe I share it with 99.9% of the Dolphin Nation.

Take care Dolphin fans... and remember.. We all bleed aqua and orange...

He comes back to Miami and sells his car and truck for charity. He empties his apartment and sits around smoking apple tobacco from a huka. Apple Tabacco? Please... I can't believe the reporter bought that one...

Anyone who has ever been to a Hookah bar or smoked out of one probably does not doubt Ricky's apple shish. If you're insinuating it must be marijuana, you're dead wrong. Up in DC right next to georgetown we had a hookah bar open til like 4am. It was fast becoming one of the most popular places to go after hours. Apple shish isn't anywhere near as harsh as the tobacco in say, a cigarette. I'm a complete non-smoker, can't stand cigarettes at all, and I've smoked double apple shish, strawberry shish, basically whatever kinda shish they have. Its a very nice flavor, no buzz, but who cares about that.

Welcome Seventeen.
I totally agree with you on the Carey trade. I never would,ve given up a 4th rounder to move up one spot. Like you said, I would've taken my chances that he'd be there at 20. If he wasn't there, no problem, I would've traded down and taken Smiley. Of course, that's just my opinion.
Also, inFINS is well respected around here. While I can't speak for him, I doubt he has anything against you or your post. He simply had no clue who you are or what you're about.
Anyway, you seem cool to me and hopefully you'll post here more often.

Seventeen & Oh! said:
My name is Larry. I am a regular poster on Phinzone. There I am known as Sir Fin. Before I respond to this thread I want to make one thing very clear. We are all passionate fans of the Miami Dolphins. That is why you are here and that is why I spend way too much time on Phinzone.

I appreciate mia4ever putting up my "The Good, The Bad and the Ugly" post here on FinHeaven. I also appreciate those of you who disagree with my opinion. That my friends is the essence of forums. Discussion, disagreements and sometimes bitter arguments but in the end.. we are all the same... a bunch of men and women salivating for the second weekend in September when the Tennessee Yahoos come to Joe Robbie for their *** whoopin'.

Just like anything you or I write here or "over there".. it's all opinion and conjecture. There is no right and no wrong. Arguments about who is better or who should be our third receiver etc. will all be settled on the field. I have always been amused at how some fan will offer an opinion, "I think Thompson will have a better year." And somebody invariably has to retort with, "What are you smoking? That's simply moronic." It is so pretentious to believe you can discount a person just because he has an opinion. My post above is my opinion. Some agree, some don't. It's that simple. I wrote it several days ago.. I guarantee if I go back and break it down analytically I will find somethings I have changed my mind about.

One opinion of mine that I firmly believe is this. Using our 4th round pick to move up one spot to pick Vernon Carey was a mistake. I have many people who agree with me and many who don't. I will stick to my guns on this one. You simply don't give up a 4th round pick (Randy McMichael was a 4th round pick) in order to jump one spot to take an offensive lineman (Vernon Carey) when two other offensive lineman (Jake Grove and Justin Smiley) are still on the board and will be into the 2nd round. You take your chances that Dallas and New England are bluffing and let the pick play out. If indeed New England traded up and took Carey.. you re-group.. get on the phone.. trade down to the beginning of the 2nd round as well as... picking up a 4th round pick.. then you've got Justin Smiley and two 4th round picks instead of Vernon Carey. It is only my opinion.. I hope Carey goes on to be the next Richmond Webb.. but I still would have never traded away a 4th round pick like Rick Spielman did.

Regarding Injektilo*.. he got run on Phinzone and he'll get run here as well. His responses are immature and offensive and they piss people off.

He said of me,

This is simply not true. I am well respected at Phinzone and I take exception to his comments.

And as for Dolfan91 saying I have the tendency to be negative.. and that I have been bashing Rick Spielman forever... simply not true. My nickname at Phinzone is "Mr. Sunshine" because I am very positive. I support the Miami Dolphins which include Rick Spielman, Dave Wannstedt and our players.

No.. most of you don't know who I am just as I don't know who you are. I see you have almost 10,000 posts.. so that means you are very active here at FinHeaven. I haven't read your stuff so I don't know if you and I share the same philosophy regarding the team. I also don't know if you are a well-respected poster or a blow-hard that people can't stand. I simply don't know and I am not going to pass judgement. I will say this... your responses on this thread confuse me. First of all you questioned mia4ever for haveing the audacity to post somebody else's opinion.. I don't know why that would bother you so much.. and secondly... your suggesting that I embellished or ommited information to further my agenda..? AGENDA? Do you all have agendas over here? That sounds so political. I do have an agenda... I want to end a two year playoff drought. I want to get to the Super Bowl for the first time in 20 years and I want to win a World Championship for the first time in 30 years. That is my agenda and I believe I share it with 99.9% of the Dolphin Nation.

Points well taken and most of that post that was started here I agree with most whole-heartedly (if that is a word). However, I just have one question/problem with that post... you state how the media is already blasting Boston for what is happening and that it is ONLY May (I have used that argument a lot here too), but then blast AJ for playing poorly in mini-camp. I do not see why Boston gets the muligan for it only being May and Feely does not?

I also have agreed that I thought it was a steep price to pay for moving up one spot in the draft, but I am willing to at least wait and see how Carey pans out. If he ends up being a starter at RT on our line for 5+ years, than I am willing to say the price is ok.

Otherwise, I thought it was a well thought out post. Welcome here and hope to hear more from you.

Oboy said:
I also have agreed that I thought it was a steep price to pay for moving up one spot in the draft

I just want to mention that my problem with the trade isn't it being a steep price -- it's whether it was necessary to move up in that situation. You're not going to move up in the 1st for much less than a 4th rounder, so I think it was a pretty good trade in that regard. Remember that the Browns paid far more earlier in the draft.

Seventeen & Oh! said:

He said of me,

First of all welcome to Finheaven, it's always good to have new members here. As you can see we have almost 4000 members already and we're growing by leaps and bounds every day.

Which brings me to my second point, with 4000 members we have plenty of discussion and debate available with actual posters on this board. I don't mean to suggest anything regarding you personally, just that we don't know anything about you...and trying to debate or discuss your opinions is basically useless if you aren't here to address anyone's questions or comments. Do you understand what I'm saying? It's not personal.

Now, that you're here though, I would like to say that, in reality, I could agree with you about givng up the pick for Carey....could.....You see, even though I actually had Miami trade down and select Smiley in my mock draft, I would never sit here and say that what did happen was wrong.

How would I know it was wrong?

Trading a 4th round pick to move up one spot to get a lineman that could solidify our line for the next 10 years may be a steep price, and if you put a name like Randy McMicheal in there it stings even more but, would you like me to go through all of our previous 4th round picks and show you how many "RM's" we have come up with using that pick??..It certainly goes both ways, I can assure you of that.

There were three Ts that graded out as day-one starters....two were gone....one was left and RS felt that we needed him more than another G, or WR, or DL, or S....How can I argue with that? How do I know that Carey is not going to be a perenial All-pro?

I don't, nor do you, so using that scenario as a way to diminish RS's abilities in any way, is prejudiced thinking, at best.

IMO, of course.

Jimmy James said:
I just want to mention that my problem with the trade isn't it being a steep price -- it's whether it was necessary to move up in that situation. You're not going to move up in the 1st for much less than a 4th rounder, so I think it was a pretty good trade in that regard. Remember that the Browns paid far more earlier in the draft.
I find it easy to believe that Dallas, who NEEDED a RT would try and move up ahead of the Dolphins to get Carey. Especially seeing as how they bailed when no 1st round T was left on the board when their turn came.

Didn't I read somewhere that they grabbed a T with their first pick in the second round? :huh:

LIQUID24 said:
Welcome Seventeen.
I totally agree with you on the Carey trade. I never would,ve given up a 4th rounder to move up one spot. Like you said, I would've taken my chances that he'd be there at 20. If he wasn't there, no problem, I would've traded down and taken Smiley. Of course, that's just my opinion.
Also, inFINS is well respected around here. While I can't speak for him, I doubt he has anything against you or your post. He simply had no clue who you are or what you're about.
Anyway, you seem cool to me and hopefully you'll post here more often.
Thanks, Liquid, you were exactly right. :D

and thanks too, about the "well respected" part.... that's news to me...:lol:

inFINSible said:
I find it easy to believe that Dallas, who NEEDED a RT would try and move up ahead of the Dolphins to get Carey. Especially seeing as how they bailed when no 1st round T was left on the board when their turn came.

Didn't I read somewhere that they grabbed a T with their first pick in the second round? :huh:

It's not about a belief that Dallas or New England was interested in moving up -- it's about a belief that Minnesota was as locked into their guy as we were ours, but we were the team that blinked first. Otherwise, don't you think it would have been pretty easy for one of those two teams (each with a full compliment of picks, including 2nd and 3rd rounders) to make the trade ahead of us anyway?

Jimmy James said:
It's not about a belief that Dallas or New England was interested in moving up -- it's about a belief that Minnesota was as locked into their guy as we were ours, but we were the team that blinked first. Otherwise, don't you think it would have been pretty easy for one of those two teams (each with a full compliment of picks, including 2nd and 3rd rounders) to make the trade ahead of us anyway?
I'm not sure if it would have been easy..
If Minnesota was locked onto Udeze, they KNEW that we weren't going to take him. They made a RS give his word that he wouldn't trade the pick if they gave it to us. They could still get the guy they want, with no worries.

Now, purely speculative here but, perhaps Dallas, either was not willing to give up a higher pick than the one we gave, or they wouldn't guarantee what they were going to do with the pick. Leaving Minnesota with too many question marks to feel comfortable about getting their guy.

It's all a matter of perspective I guess, you think we "blinked first', I think we aggressively went after the guy we wanted, assuring 100%, that he would be ours.

I'm not so sure about the part where he calls JT's play last year very average.Maybe when comparing his stats to the previous year, but he wasn't average.

Back
Top Bottom