Just when it couldn't get any worse | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just when it couldn't get any worse

How about DumbMorris pound his fists about why there’s Thursday night football in the first place, or a 17th game soon to be 18 since he’s so concerned about player safety.

How about DumbMorris pound his fists about why there’s Thursday night football in the first place, or a 17th game soon to be 18 since he’s so concerned about player safety.

Thursday Night football provides revenue, which in turn increases the salary cap. Likewise, the extra game means more revenue.

They care about player safety when it's convenient, which is to say: When it doesn't influence the bottom line.

Why does everybody think tonight’s injury to Tua was a direct result from what happened on Sunday? The same result could have happened to him tonight even if he never got hurt on Sunday. It was the hit itself that injured him. What part of that do people not understand?
While I agree that the hit tonight could be the sole cause of the injury. I think we would be just as wrong to say it couldn't have been an accumulation of last week and this week. At this point we just don't know. We may never know. Just because the onsite neuro doctor cleared him to come back in the game doesn't mean he didn't or couldn't have suffered a brain injury last week. Some times the damage or extent of the damage isn't know until after a brain scan or in some cases an autopsy.

Last edited:
While I agree that the hit tonight could be the sole cause of the injury. I think we would be just as wrong to say it couldn't have been an accumulation of last week and this week. At this point we just don't know. We may never know. Just because the unsite neuro doctor cleared him to come back in the game doesn't mean he didn't or couldn't have suffered a brain injury last week. Some times the damage or extent of the damage isn't know until after a brain scan or in some casesan autopsy.
I truly believe if he had a concession in the Bills game he wouldn’t have been able to come back and perform the way he did in the 2nd half of that game.

As a life long Philadelphia Flyers fan…..man this is Eric Lindros in the 2000 conference finals game 7 all over again! Everyone questioning before game time if he should be playing. Had his head down, bell rung, and virtually ended his career. He returned but was no where near the same. Praying for Tua that this is a mild mild mild as can be. Sadly in his early career, Tua seems to be injury prone
I'm pretty concerned about his neck and back. Hope it's not gonna be a case of Ray Lucas 2.0. Poor guy was tortured with pain from his injuries well after his career.

I truly believe if he had a concession in the Bills game he wouldn’t have been able to come back and perform the way he did in the 2nd half of that game.
I think that would depend on the severity of the concussion and the location of the brain that was damaged. Remember, it wasn't long ago players got concussions regularly and they went undiagnoised and unnoticed. Such as tonight, the doctors are saying the posturing Tua was doing with his arms and fingers was not in itself an indication of the severity of the injury. Sometimes youcan do serious damage and not know it. Sometimes you can have obvious signs, but not do as much damage as originally feared.

We're seriously cursed...

are they also going to look into what that dirty POS 300 + pound bengals player did to Tua when he slammed his head into the ****ing field?!

I can already seeing the media run this bullshit false narrative starting tomorrow morning. (hell, they did the same thing with Flores' lies and made the general public believe it all)

anyways, right now I don't give a **** about Demaurice Smith or the loss tonight. I can only hope & pray that Tua is going to pull thru and get better.

I think that would depend on the severity of the concussion and the location of the brain that was damaged. Remember, it wasn't long ago players got concussions regularly and they went undiagnoised and unnoticed. Such as tonight, the doctors are saying the posturing Tua was doing with his arms and fingers was not in itself an indication of the severity of the injury. Sometimes youcan do serious damage and not know it. Sometimes you can have obvious signs, but not do as much damage as originally feared.
But my whole point is him getting injured tonight might not have anything to do with what happened to him against Bills. Plus he had plenty of time to throw the ball away on that play and didn’t. If he did he wouldn’t have gotten hit and injured.

But my whole point is him getting injured tonight might not have anything to do with what happened to him against Bills. Plus he had plenty of time to throw the ball away on that play and didn’t. If he did he wouldn’t have gotten hit and injured.
I was responding to the portion that said "it was the hit tonight that caused the injury." Implying that last week's injury was a non-factor. At this point that's possibility, but it could equally be a compounded effect of both hits. Right now we don't know and we may never really know.

As for him not throwing the ball away, yes we can agree that should have happened. However, if he sides steps that defender and then hits a big play down field people would be praising him staying patient in the pocket. How many times have we seen Brady or Rodgers stand there for what seems like forever and make big play downfield and nobody calls them out for not throwing the ball away earlier. I think after we've seen the result of the play it's easier to say that he should have got rid of it, but if we're going to do that we should be consisen.

Back
Top Bottom