Just when it couldn't get any worse | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just when it couldn't get any worse

I was responding to the portion that said "it was the hit tonight that caused the injury." Implying that last week's injury was a non-factor. At this point that's possibility, but it could equally be a compounded effect of both hits. Right now we don't know and we may never really know.

As for him not throwing the ball away, yes we can agree that should have happened. However, if he sides steps that defender and then hits a big play down field people would be praising him staying patient in the pocket. How many times have we seen Brady or Rodgers stand there for what seems like forever and make big play downfield and nobody calls them out for not throwing the ball away earlier. I think after we've seen the result of the play it's easier to say that he should have got rid of it, but if we're going to do that we should be consisen.
Tua doesn’t have good pocket awareness and probably never will.

Tua doesn’t have good pocket awareness and probably never will.
I think he does a decent job overall of feeling pressure in the pocket. Not that he doesn't have errors in that area at times, but for the most part I think he's okay with awareness. Even on the play in question, he sees and feels the pressure from Toupu and tries to move in the pocket but wasn't able to do so. I think he rolled out to his left, saw the defender and tried work his way back to right towards the middle of the field when he was grabbed and tackled. I don't think this was a case of him lacking awareness or not seeing the defender.

I think he does a decent job overall of feeling pressure in the pocket. Not that he doesn't have errors in that area at times, but for the most part I think he's okay with awareness. Even on the play in question, he sees and feels the pressure from Toupu and tries to move in the pocket but wasn't able to do so. I don't think this was acase of him lacking awareness or not seeingthe defender.
Well he holds onto the ball way too long and takes way too many unnecessary sacks. It’s been a problem since his rookie season.

I love my dolohins butDamn dolphins bad. Pissed me off. What are we the Patriots? So unprofessional . they deserve to lose another 1st rounder. How can you be lying about something so serious? Risking Tua's future family's life and everything for a Damn game? I thought dolphins were better then this.

Some of the reactions last night were disgraceful. People diagnosing the kid before he even left the stadium then literally questioning a hospital that deals with head injuries every day. Twitter 'doctors' were out in force and using Tua to fuel their agendas.

While I agree that the hit tonight could be the sole cause of the injury. I think we would be just as wrong to say it couldn't have been an accumulation of last week and this week. At this point we just don't know. We may never know. Just because the onsite neuro doctor cleared him to come back in the game doesn't mean he didn't or couldn't have suffered a brain injury last week. Some times the damage or extent of the damage isn't know until after a brain scan or in some cases an autopsy.
Right, there could have been something from last week that contributed. But the narrative is that Miami didn't follow the NFL rules last week- which appears they did. Football is inherently dangerous and there are unavoidable risks. Is the NFL going to implement new rules on this now? Like you said, you can't always know the extent of damage unless you do brain scan. They evaluated Tua, including independent doc, and concluded he could play based on the information available. Are we now going to make decisions based on the optics (i.e., didn't look good on the replay)?

I’m not exactly clear as to what the allegations are here.

Did Tua fail the independent neurologist’s tests in week 3, and we put him in anyways?

Did he pass the week 3 test, but was advised to sit out the remainder of the game, and we put him in anyways?

If that’s the case, and he passed the tests in week 3, and sat out the remainder of that game, at what point would it have been justified for him to sit out week 4 too?

IF he had a concussion in week 3, this sounds more like a fail on the NFLs protocol than it does Miami

I love my dolohins butDamn dolphins bad. Pissed me off. What are we the Patriots? So unprofessional . they deserve to lose another 1st rounder. How can you be lying about something so serious? Risking Tua's future family's life and everything for a Damn game? I thought dolphins were better then this.
Who lied?

Tha
Why does everybody think tonight’s injury to Tua was a direct result from what happened on Sunday? The same result could have happened to him tonight even if he never got hurt on Sunday. It was the hit itself that injured him. What part of that do people not understand?
Thats exactly what I posted last night. That hit/slam alone was enough to cause that injury. I just think it's too easy to assume or jump on the bandwagon. As expected we will now get the "I told you so" media experts who will be all over this. They make me sick.

Team and Baptist health doctors administered tests last Sunday.
Team and doctors at the Cincinnati hospital administered tests Thursday night.
The media is disgusting and all of them need to stop speculating to try and influence any decisions.
Hopefully the team and McD tune out all the nonsense.
That said, Tua needs to be protected from his competitive nature.
What happened last sunday and Thursday was alarming.
We dont want Tua to be brain damaged and have issues in his 50s like Terry Bradshaw..lol
McD should evaluate Tua over the next 10 days and play it safe with him.
The whole team needs to regroup and rest.
If Tua is going to be out the next couple of weeks, give ST half the reps and make a game time decision against the Jets. Force them to prepare for both of them.

If the NFLPA really cared about players they would have stopped Thursday night football!! They are all about the money grab and faking outrage.
Yes!! I don’t remember fans dying for an awkward day of the week football

Why are you guys so shocked. Tua looked like he had major trauma last night on national TV. I've seen people have seizures up close, I'm almost 100% sure this is what happened. Can physical trauma cause a seizure like that? Does he have a history with epilepsy? He's going to need to be evaluated and take it easy for a while, what happened last night was not normal.

I could barely enjoy the rest of the game and I didn't even care if we won or lost. After what happened to that soccer player who almost died on the pitch, it made me want to turn the TV off. The sad thing is that Tua was making amazing progress this year and becoming a much better football player. Was he perfect, no! But he was making the plays we need t o win football games.

Don't know what's going on, but if it's a spinal issue that could end his career as well.

crossing my fingers that he can get healthy and we can find out what caused this so that we can move beyond it. But, if there's some structural issue, we need to report it honestly and figure out what to do. A person's life is way more important than a football game.

that being said, it really sucked to lose to a team that we easily beat if Tua is healthy. I hope he recovers and we can find out what's causing these symptoms.

Why does everybody think tonight’s injury to Tua was a direct result from what happened on Sunday? The same result could have happened to him tonight even if he never got hurt on Sunday. It was the hit itself that injured him. What part of that do people not understand?
Because, as a physician, you would know that there is no way Tua exhibits that sort of posturing (decorticate posturing) from a relative low impact fall unless his brain is already injured from recent trauma. An in this case, there is video evidence that Tua was concussed on Sunday. There is also no way that an acute low back injury would cause a person to stand, buckle, then stagger like he did after that fall. This was a brain injury all the way and I don't know how any medical professional, let alone a neurosurgeon, could've cleared him to return. I do know that it is possible that a high functioning guy like Tua could pass a series of questions/tests and manage to convince the doctor that he was okay. Unfortunately, some of this falls on the patient, but as a professional, there is no chance anyone that I know in this field would've cleared him after watching him stumble around.
I can assure you that somebody is in big trouble.

Back
Top Bottom