Just when we thought Greise was ours.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just when we thought Greise was ours....

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Reaction score
Packers | Could Have Interest in Griese - from www.KFFL.com
Sun, 4 May 2003 11:36:13 -0700

Tom Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, reports for the Sporting News that the Green Bay Packers could show some interest in QB Brian Griese after the Denver Broncos release him later this year.

Are they Mocking us!!!????:yell: :mad: :mad:

Okay Griese, would you rather compete with Fiedler or Favre?

Sure the Packers need a QB for the future, but DO NOT be so sure that this is Favre's last year. His love for the game is to good.

Griese's top choice if he can't find a starting job THIS YEAR is Miami. And I think he may be able to beat out Fiedler, though Wanny wouldn't ALLOW him to.. :rolleyes:

Haha exactly... he's still ours.

Fiedler or Favre for starting job?
Warm weather or Freezing weather?
Small town in Wisconsin or home-town in Florida?

well you may have a point there...but you can also look at it this way....

Okay Griese, would you rather learn more from Fiedler or Favre?

Like Knight, Its all really up to him, and if he gets money hungry, then you can kiss him goodbye.

Originally posted by WCoastFin

Okay Griese, would you rather learn more from Fiedler or Favre?

Okay Griese does not need to LEARN from anybody. He just needs to stay healthy, stop drinking, and be more of a leader. A 27-year old player who has been to the Pro Bowl before doesn't need to LEARN from Favre. He would be ALOT better off starting in this system than Green Bay's. He just needs to sign a 2-3 year deal and learn the system, then take over for Jay next year..

It doesnt make sense for him to go to Green Bay. He wants a short term contract no matter where he goes, unless the team is willing to make a long term committment to him to the tune of Jake Plummer money.

Green Bay in the short run can't offer him anything more than Miami, and in the long run, no promises will be made to him about becoming Brett's successor, plus they won't be willing to commit to Griese monetarily as much as he wants if its longterm.

Cap Numbers as of around May 2..

Green Bay - $2.5m under
Miami - $3.2m under

very true, but dont kid yourselves, this is the NFL guys and most of the time money talks...Its all buisness :(....the less offers to him, the better for us....Greise may have a diffrent point of view then any of us, and who knows what he could be thinking....BTW have you seen who the backup QB is in GBay??? it wouldnt surprise me that they go all out and pursue Greise even moreso then Knight.....I also believe hed rather come here, but in this buisness you never know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by WCoastFin
Its all buisness

It's not ALL business. Remember Jermaine Lewis? Did he wait for Green Bay's offer, which was said to believe better than Jacksonville's? Nope, he didn't like the whether so he said.. PEACE!

Griese KNOWS that if he comes here, like Ricky and Seau, he'll be a FAN FAVORITE.. He also should know that he has a GREAT chance of outplaying Fiedler and when/if Fiedler gets hurt, it's his.

Greenbay needs to stop jocking us and driving up the prices for our free agents.LOL . Sammy and Brian want to come here fudge packers, leave them alone.:fire:

some things to remember
1)im sure he knows how much pressure he would be under following in the footsteps of his dad. i don't think any of us can imagine not only having to live up to your last name but to do so on the same team his father played for. you say he's gonna be a fan favorite, what about if he comes in and plays the way he's been palying the last two years, he aint no fan favorite then, everybody will say 'he's not his daddy'

2)he's probly not going to get the chance at a starting job, so basically what he is probly looking for is a 1 year deal for the most $$$ and retest the market next year

3)farve is slowing down, this might be his last year. if brett retires, griese could get the long term deals he is looking for. on the other hand, while this is jay's make or break season, say he has a great year and the fins pick up the rest of his contract, griese is S.O.L.

4)im sure he has seen the way us fans treat a QB who has gone 29-13, is the first to accept responsibility when things do not go well, and while fragile, is a toughass that plays his heart out week in and week out. I know he is physically limited and is not an upper tier QB, but I am embarassed by the way some fair-weathered fin fans treat jay. and i am sure griese knows about this and may not want to play is this kind of situation in case he doesn't set the world on fire.

Originally posted by Gonk
Haha exactly... he's still ours.

Fiedler or Favre for starting job?
Warm weather or Freezing weather?
Small town in Wisconsin or home-town in Florida?

green bay has no money, i think this is a power play to get knight. GB doenst have any money left. not like we have money but we have more.

besides, if we dont get griese, we have odonnell. i thnk either one could do the job nicely.

75% of this KFFL crap is Bull$hit. They throw anything on there they here from any obscure source.

If they knew what the heck they were reporting we would have drafted Wayne Hunter, traded for Gandy or Turley, etc.

I would not lose any sleep. If Griese has to be a backup he is coming to Miami. Favre never misses a game, and he knows Jay will go down for at least one.

Relax it is bogus info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Phishstix
some things to remember
1)im sure he knows how much pressure he would be under following in the footsteps of his dad. i don't think any of us can imagine not only having to live up to your last name but to do so on the same team his father played for. you say he's gonna be a fan favorite, what about if he comes in and plays the way he's been palying the last two years, he aint no fan favorite then, everybody will say 'he's not his daddy'

2)he's probly not going to get the chance at a starting job, so basically what he is probly looking for is a 1 year deal for the most $$$ and retest the market next year

3)farve is slowing down, this might be his last year. if brett retires, griese could get the long term deals he is looking for. on the other hand, while this is jay's make or break season, say he has a great year and the fins pick up the rest of his contract, griese is S.O.L.

4)im sure he has seen the way us fans treat a QB who has gone 29-13, is the first to accept responsibility when things do not go well, and while fragile, is a toughass that plays his heart out week in and week out. I know he is physically limited and is not an upper tier QB, but I am embarassed by the way some fair-weathered fin fans treat jay. and i am sure griese knows about this and may not want to play is this kind of situation in case he doesn't set the world on fire.

BTW....welcome to finheaven!......excellent post...I especially liked this part
im sure he has seen the way us fans treat a QB who has gone 29-13, is the first to accept responsibility when things do not go well, and while fragile, is a toughass that plays his heart out week in and week out. I know he is physically limited and is not an upper tier QB, but I am embarassed by the way some fair-weathered fin fans treat jay.

One observation you might like......yesterday when Jay walked out on the field to start practice......he got as big a cheer as Zach and JT and Seau......the only one who drew more cheers was Ricky but my point is NO ONE booed...I had to smile at that.

Back
Top Bottom