Justin Herbert | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Justin Herbert

Both him and Burrow have played okay.....but are 0-3 combined. Both had key turnovers that were significant reasons why their team lost this last week though.

Herbert threw one terrible pick when he could have walked forward for a first down. Outside if that one brutal mistake, he looked really good playing against the defending champs.

Herbert played exactly to what his ceiling looked like in college

He has to see it first. And that arm makes up for the time a decent amount. He played well but he left the victory on the field. End of game goal line situation he had I think 3 avenues all resulting in a touchdown and he missed em all. The day he learns to throw it to the pylon in the red zone he’ll already be exponentially better than he is now. He was spraying some out routes as well.

However he’s a rook and it was his first game. He showed that he’s got some game and if I’m LA I’m comfortable rolling w/ him going on. He played pretty decent and found production.

He did play well and I was impressed with the kid........we will see how he does next week.

Tua is our future yes but not right now.

well...except he basically cost them the game with that egregious INT at the end of the third quarter. That was awful. Second and one with the first down right in front of him on a left side roll out and he opted to throw it into triple coverage. They were up 17-9 at the time and the pick was in the red zone. They had the champs on the ropes and you cannot do that.

He played very well. 66%, 311, rushing TD, and passing TD. He played with tremendous poise and made a few rookie mistakes. Burrow has played well and of course has made some rookie mistakes. That is just it...when Tua hits the field, he will also make some rookie mistakes. But I am very excited to see what he has got! Might turn into one hell of a QB class!

Last edited:
I just dont know if I can wait the entire year. Week 4 or week 8 or even week 12 would be preferred. After week 8 ideally.

He did play well and I was impressed with the kid........we will see how he does next week.

Tua is our future yes but not right now.
Scary ...to think he also has a lot more tools in the toolbox as well. Height arm legs good hip.

well...except he basically cost them the game with that egregious INT at the end of the third quarter. That was awful. Second and one with the first down right in front of him on a left side roll out and he opted to throw it into triple coverage. They were up 17-9 at the time and the pick was in the red zone. They had the champs on the ropes and you cannot do that.
First off give credit where credit is due, the kid played pretty damn well. They weren’t in the red zone when he threw the interception, They were on about the 40-45 yard line, Was it a mistake, yes. he should’ve run for the first down. But overall he played pretty damn good.

After watching the highlights of both Fitz and Herb from last week...Chargers called a hell of a game. I would love for the Dolphins to use Breida and Gaskins in the passing game more effectively. Chargers are fantastic at blocking on the short passes and hb passes. Love to see more of that.

In before this thread is moved out of the Dolphins forum.

This shouldn't get moved. Irrespective of all the misses Grier has made, if he chose the wrong QB here then he deserves to be fired. Not saying Tua will be a bust but this is single handedly the biggest selection that he has ever made. Personally, I was hoping for Herbert because of Tua's injury history but I will root for everyone on this team.

This shouldn't get moved. Irrespective of all the misses Grier has made, if he chose the wrong QB here then he deserves to be fired. Not saying Tua will be a bust but this is single handedly the biggest selection that he has ever made. Personally, I was hoping for Herbert because of Tua's injury history but I will root for everyone on this team.
If it has no Dolphins content, it gets moved.

I can't see any Dolphins content.

I personally have no problem if it stays.

I was hopping for Herbert as well but certainly do not know where we will be in 1-10 years.
I remember all the pre draft talk of Manning and Ryan Leaf (1996 or 7 I think) 1-2 or 2-1 etc. we saw how that finished.

First off give credit where credit is due, the kid played pretty damn well. They weren’t in the red zone when he threw the interception, They were on about the 40-45 yard line, Was it a mistake, yes. he should’ve run for the first down. But overall he played pretty damn good.
It was second and two from the 39. He threw the pick at the five yard line. So you're right it was not thrown in the red zone but rather INTO the red zone.

That said, this is the same thing that plagued him in college. Makes a lot of good throws and good decisions, manages the game etc....and then does something completely stupid. That play was awful. 29 seconds left in the third Quarter...they were running the ball all over the Chiefs (which helped him immensely). He was unimpeded to run for the first down. Classic situational football. He was good but nothing that surprises me from what he was in college. I wish the kid well, no ill feelings. I just chuckle at times when people look at stat lines (not saying you did that) and conclude a guy played great. Stat lines - more than ever - don't tell a QB story. You've got guys throwing for 300 yards throwing quick hitches, dump offs and three yard slants all game. Of course completion % are high on these guys. DBs cannot breathe on a receiver anymore.

Look at Josh Allen yesterday. I heard someone today suggest he might get into the MVP conversation this year. Huh? What? He threw some decent balls yesterday but was relatively untouched in the pocket, had guys WIDE open all game, and threw at least four awful passes that easily could have been intercepted if, you know, the Dolphins were actually playing pass defense yesterday. That doesn't even count the wide open throws he just completely whiffed on.

It sucks because of how it looks right now. Tua is medically cleared and cannot beat out Fitz. It does not matter if it is true or not, that is how it looks. Meanwhile, Herbert comes in and plays a hell of a game. Whether any of you agree or say he sucks....NFL experts and ex players are talking about him today. That is not by accident. So it just looks bad and truly doesn't matter... For 1. F the chargers. I hate all teams that relocate. 2. The Dolphins D is the problem right now, Period. Fitz had a better rating and slightly less QBR last week than Herbert. Herbert, Burrow, or even Tua, can help this D!

Back
Top Bottom