Juwan James | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Juwan James

Bob512

Formerly Dolphins512
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I was pretty pleased with Juwan James performance at left tackle last night! This was a big area of concern going into the game and I thought he and the entire O-line held up pretty well considering how good the Buffalo D-line is.

How do you think he did?

James may be the best tackle in the draft. I don't give a rat's about the hapless Titans but I heard Taylor Lewan is playing well. But if you have a draft do-over, James looks like a top 10 pick. Great evaluation and conviction by Hickey. These are the types of moves a GM can point to, to show competence.

For a guy that hadn't played LT since high school he looked like he belonged. Thought he played really well at LT...but I was probably the most impressed with the game Shelley Smith played.

Good call on Shelly Smith. He was great in the run game.

We didn't really hear much from Kyle Williams who took advantage of Sam Brenner last year.

For a guy that hadn't played LT since high school he looked like he belonged. Thought he played really well at LT...but I was probably the most impressed with the game Shelley Smith played.

Yup! I really, really, really hope the coaches saw it that way, too. I would roll with James + Smith as my left side for the rest of the season.

Good call on Shelly Smith. He was great in the run game.

We didn't really hear much from Kyle Williams who took advantage of Sam Brenner last year.

Kyle Williams usually was lined up over Pouncey...who had a better game than last week. Shelley Smith was over Marcel Dareus which is a much tougher assignment...a guy who, coming into last nights game, had 10 sacks. Only thing you saw from Dareus was him flowing down the line to make tackles...great hustle from the guy but he got almost no penetration last night and the fact that in the previous 5 games against the Bills we had a total of 219 yards rushing and last night we got 125 yards on 24 carries...that was a pretty impressive showing despite the 5 sacks.

If James can continue to play at a high level at LT, he just might be moved there permanently in the near future. He may be looking at a huge payday when his rookie contract is up for renewal. I love this kid. He is so natural at everything he does.

Very impressive. He could stay there. It's easier most of time to find a RT and Thomas is not it. The inside of the line did well in the run game. I'd say Thomas was the weak link.

One guy is better than all of Ireland's picks combined...

It's safe to say this has been the most successful off season Miami has had in probably 20 years. I'm going to discount the injuries a bit, those are difficult to predict. The overall very good draft, the signing of Albert, Smith, Satele, College on the O line, resigning of Grimes, addition of Finnegan, Earl Mitchell (!!). Phenomenal job by Hickey. Maybe front office of the year.

Hickey absolutely nailed the 1st 2 picks of the draft. The Jury is still out on picks 3-7 though. Turner hasn't been active, Fede and Tripp haven't seen much PT and I think Hazel was cut?

Anyways...loved the Landry pick right away. Thought James could be decent, but would be lying if I said I knew a lot about him even being an SEC Fan (War Eagle!). The fact I have rarely heard his name called this yr has been a good thing. He's done well.

I thought I read somewhere that James was playing RT for a few years and was going to move over and replace Albert when he retired or moved on. He did play well at LT.

Back
Top Bottom