Juwan James | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Juwan James

Great pick! I still miss Albert who at the time was playing like one of the best LT in the league. We we're spoiled having two great tackles at their positions

Hickey absolutely nailed the 1st 2 picks of the draft. The Jury is still out on picks 3-7 though. Turner hasn't been active, Fede and Tripp haven't seen much PT and I think Hazel was cut?

Anyways...loved the Landry pick right away. Thought James could be decent, but would be lying if I said I knew a lot about him even being an SEC Fan (War Eagle!). The fact I have rarely heard his name called this yr has been a good thing. He's done well.

I would still say that was a great pick a player no one heard of from a school no one heard of but still managed to make the team yeah that is pretty legit.

Hickey absolutely nailed the 1st 2 picks of the draft. The Jury is still out on picks 3-7 though. Turner hasn't been active, Fede and Tripp haven't seen much PT and I think Hazel was cut?

Anyways...loved the Landry pick right away. Thought James could be decent, but would be lying if I said I knew a lot about him even being an SEC Fan (War Eagle!). The fact I have rarely heard his name called this yr has been a good thing. He's done well.

Hazel is on the PS...would have been hard for him to make this squad at WR but I think next year he may surprise a few during training camp.

Turner will be good...he's got that nastiness you want in an O-lineman...he needs polishing on his technique but he's got the feet and functional strength to be a very solid Guard. His development has been slowed by some injuries this year but I believe he will start next year.

I like what I've seen from Walt Aikens....he's played well on special teams and when he's gotten playing time he hasn't looked lost...he was a CB in college so he has coverage skills, he's got good size and I think he'll make a decent safety...at worst he's a backup safety that could eventually replace Wilson.

Tripp has been a bit of a puzzle. Thought he'd be getting more playing time but it was obvious coming from Montana he lacked the strength to play at this level. He may not be anything more than a special teams guy in the end.

Fede is going to be another guy on that D-line that's going to be outstanding. This guy has so much heart and he has a lot of natural talent. Once Kacy Rodgers cleans up his technique and gets more consistent he'll be Vernon's primary backup. He's shown more in his limited playing time than Jordan has...but Jordan does other things...Fede is a pass rusher. Right now Fede isn't getting playing time because Jordan is being used.

It was a solid draft...we're only seeing immediate impact from James and Landry but this was a solid draft. Can't expect every draft to produce 7 starters in their rookie season.

I thought I read somewhere that James was playing RT for a few years and was going to move over and replace Albert when he retired or moved on. He did play well at LT.

There was a lot of talk that James had the elite feet of a LT and that he could eventually shift to the left side...but don't forget...he was a reach.

Fede was hurt at the start of the season and got bumped down the rotation when Jordan came back, but in the limited snaps he's played this season he has been solid. You'll see a lot more of him next season when the coaches have a full offseason to move Jordan to SLB.

Tripp would get more of a look if not for what a stud Jenkins has been. Instead, he and Turner get redshirt years while they adjust to a much higher level of competition and Turner figures out his pro position.

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

It doesn't matter what the draft analysts think. When you grab a guy in the first round and he immediately becomes a solid starter, that was a good pick. And JuWuan James has been a very good pick.

There is no such thing as the word reach in my opinion if you believe this guy is going to make plays for you you take him.

I thought Dallas Thomas was starting to find his way at guard so then to have to jump to tackle, vs the Bills, it's a wonder he didn't give up 8 sacks. He gets one more year unless we upgrade again like crazy in the draft. College needs to get back for Denver.

We never heard a peep about Juwan James in any negative context. He has been THE Answer as a 1st Rnd draft pick to nail down a tackle position, and now the key LT position.

Very impressive. He could stay there. It's easier most of time to find a RT and Thomas is not it. The inside of the line did well in the run game. I'd say Thomas was the weak link.

bless his heart, Thomas did the best he could…Mario is a phucking beast

The only time "Juwan James" and "reach" should be mentioned in the same sentence, is to describe his 35" arm length.

Dude has been ballin' out for our o-line. Incredible he swung over to LT vs Buffalo and did a very competent job. That's unheard of as a rookie as far as I am aware.

Back
Top Bottom