K.C. is now a HUGE threat to win the AFC!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

K.C. is now a HUGE threat to win the AFC!!

MikeO said:
With those WR's and that defense. Nope, still the 3rd best team in the AFC West.

Based on what?

The Chiefs were 13-3 in 2003 with horrible defensive players.

They were 7-9 last year with a lot of injuries and horrible defensive players.

The Chiefs still scored a crazy amount of points for 3 years with "those receivers".

That defense now has Surtain, Kendrell Bell, Knight, an experienced Jared Allen, a decent pass rusher in Carlos Hall and whoever they picked with their first rounder. That defense is a TON better.

The Chargers are the classic one-year story. QB who goes from fluke to fantastic, but still has a lot to prove. There's a QB that does this every year. Tommy Maddox did it in 2002, Brad Johnson for the Bucs when they won the SB.

The defense has to perform on the field, but they now have pieces - something they haven't had with this offense.

The Chiefs went 13-3 a couple years ago with by far the softest schedule in the league. I don't think they even beat one team over .500. They got handled in their first playoff game too.

Think again buddy. We beat the Broncos twice, they were 10-6 i believe. The Ravens got handled by the Chiefs as well. Finally they beat the Packers

Plus, we didnt get handled by the Colts. We only lost by 7.

You were way off

The Chiefs are serious contenders. I dont think they lost very many games by more than a touchdown last year and with this many people coming to help the D, we will contend. The pass rush was great last year, it was just that William Burntee couldnt cover for 2 seconds. With Surtain pushing him to the nickel or maybe even cut, i would bet the secondary is in the top 10 this year. Although Knight isn't the fastest guy out there he knows how to get TO's.

:D

At this point I consider all 32 teams to be contenders.

Reason why you ask we're all 0-0

And guess what every year there is always one or two teams that goes from a sub 500 record to 12-4. We all havea fighting shot. I dont care who has who. After the end of september we shall see who is a contender and a pretender.

Thats comical

DBoston80 said:
......Adding Surtain to a Defense that had already done some serious upgrading(Bell,Hall,Knight)...might make the Chiefs the AFC frontrunners..those additions will make the Defense atleast a top 15 defense...that coupled with That Offense and that Freakishly good OL that will be one hard team to beat..ecspecially at Home!!! Yeah I know Moss is a Raider..but now the Chief have a better defense and can outscore most teams....IMO they need to take a DE or WR in this draft and that would be icing on the cake for an already improved team.

The Chiefs have still lost almost all their LBs from last year and added Kendrell Bell and Sammy Knight. Their defense is still only O.K. at most, and there division is going to be tougher than it was last year. A wild card team will have a hard time winning in NE or MIA:) J/k. The previous posts are right, they need a good WR but those fools wont get one this year.

The Chiefs barely lost to the Colts in that playoff game

We had a soft schedule but we dominated those cupcake teams. None of those games were close

The Chiefs are much stronger this year and have upgraded the defense drastically

But we lack depth in a few positions like CB and LB

We only have 2 starters at LB right now:
- ?, Bell, Fujita

The third starter will likely be a Rookie or Keyaron Fox

Also, our starters may be strong, but at CB, we are only an injury away from having Dexter Mcleon back as a starter. Dex is a good nickelback, but terrible in man to man coverage as a starter

Chiefs will win the AFC West
Predicted finish: 11-5

The KC Chiefs are a threat to win the AFC??? :roflmao:

I needed some good humor today. :lol:

You have to admit we have improved our roster
- Vonnie Holliday to Carlos Hall
- Kawika Mitchell to Kendrell Bell
- Jerome Woods to Sammy Knight
- William Bartee to Patrick Surtain

Denver has gotten worse

Oakland has improved their offense but defense is going downhill terribly

SD has remained the same

unless KC's defense improves, they arent going anywhere. They had the Number One offense, but the Number 31 defense. Kinda the same with the Colts...awesome offense, poor defense. KC and Indy would be DYNASTYs if they had good defenses.

It's true, homies...KC's offense is OFF THE CHAIN. At least in the beginning of every year. And they've made some nice FA moves also besides Surtain. Defense is the only thing they needed, really. THey might be a COMPLETE team this year if the D can pull it together.

If you don't think the Chiefs could win the AFC this year, you're kidding yourself.

OR they can do their usual whoop ace in the 1st half of the season and then turn into little schoolgirls with picnic baskets in the 2nd half.

They were actually bad early on last year and very good at the end.

at's
GregWesley said:
You have to admit we have improved our roster
- Vonnie Holliday to Carlos Hall
- Kawika Mitchell to Kendrell Bell
- Jerome Woods to Sammy Knight
- William Bartee to Patrick Surtain

Denver has gotten worse

Oakland has improved their offense but defense is going downhill terribly

SD has remained the same

I think SD will improve with there 2 draft picks. I don't think KC is a threat to win the AFC, I still think Baltimore, New England, Indy, Cincy, NYJ, Pitt, Buffalo, Houston, Baltimore, are better teams than them. I think KC is a threat to finish last in the AFC West still though.

DBoston80 said:
Fella's this was a 7-9 team that lost alot of close games because there Defense Sucked..they won 4 out of their last 5 games and have upgraded tremendously BEFORE the draft!! If the Defense even plays average they'll be 11-5......

An average D still isn't good enough. There are too many teams that are solid on both sides of the ball.
D still wins championships.

Back
Top Bottom