Kalen Ballage || "me Against The World" || Asu Highlights | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kalen Ballage || "me Against The World" || Asu Highlights

If you watched his press conference thing from the other day he seems like a good dude too. I have high hopes for him.
Oh and that one part where he trucks that dude down the sideline makes me laugh every time i see it. Good stuff!!!

Definitely talent to mold and work with. Interesting too that he was drafted with the pick Miami acquired for Jay Ajayi.

by looking at those highlights he doesn't seem soft to me at all. I see him running over people, around people and running away from people. Can't wait to see what he can do for us.
I think we drafted him off of the work at the senior bowl, he was a far more violent runner there than during the season. I have high hopes for the kid.

Tell you what's interesting about that highlight tape. Almost no hesitancy hitting the hole or picking the line. His gametape has a lot of it though. Shows you that if he can cut out the false steps he could be a devastating tailback.

True, sometimes you need to let the hole develop. I'm also unconvinced that he lacks vision. But those false steps just kill his momentum at times and he should work on that. The potential fruits of eliminating them are in that highlight video.

Would like to see him run behind his pads more when toting up the gut, but he's a high-cut guy so it's not that easy.

I'm soooo excited for this guy he is just gonna run people over and not even think twice about it. He has great speed and can see a hole as soon as he gets the ball. We will definitely see a lot of him.

by looking at those highlights he doesn't seem soft to me at all. I see him running over people, around people and running away from people. Can't wait to see what he can do for us.

Would be a good guy to get it to in space. I thought it was a nice pick to have behind Drake and Gore.

Looks way better than Damien Williams. Let's see how he does.

The thing that is missing from his game is making tacklers miss, being elusive, getting yards after contact. It's hard for me to get on board with a guy as a potential superstar when he doesn't do that very well.

His combination of pass catching, size, strength, and speed are obviously the story with him and that's been the case since he was in high school. He's also a good student of the game and a thoughtful kid. It's enough that you can forgive a flaw, even if it's a pretty big one.

Ballage had some really poor offensive line play in front of him and I don't think it was a coincidence that he blossomed at the Senior Bowl.

There is a bit of David Johnson in him, for those of us who evaluated Johnson with foresight back in 2015 (when he was a late-3rd round pick coming out of University of Northern Illinois) rather than those of us using hindsight from 2018.

My goal for him this year since he's so big, strong, and willing, would be to get him good enough at blocking that I could use him in 21 personnel looks as a second running back that can play upback, split out wide, take carries in short yardage, and pass protect while Kenyan Drake runs out on routes.

If you watch what the Rams did with Robert Holcombe in 1999 under Mike Martz (mentor to Adam Gase), that's the vision.

Love this pick. Kid has a nose for the endzone and he is a perfect fit for this O. The FO is finally all in sync with our coaches. FINALLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

The things that have me excited about Ballage are, 1) With pro coaching and a pro style offensive line at the Senior Bowl, Ballage played a hell of a game. I saw plenty of ASU games over the last 2 seasons and Ballage looked so much better during the Senior Bowl game and practices, then he did at times at ASU. I feel, it could, mean he has potentially better days ahead, as an NFL player, even if it's just as a 3rd down back and KO Returner. He certainly can catch, it's afraid to block and is a threat as a returner. Now if he develops into a contributing RB on early downs; that's money in the bank for Miami. 2) Eric Studsville has known this kid since H.S. And apparently vouched for him. If Studsville can work his magic on Ballage, like he's done with other RB’s around the league, Ballage may turn out to be more than we fans are hoping for. I'm hopeful this new group of coaches, Gase has assembled around him, pays off? Because it seems as if the are better than the coaches they've replaced? Miami may have hit a home run with Ballage? Time will tell if KB33 is up to the challenge?

Definitely has a lot of talent, I don't think he has the best balance though.

Back
Top Bottom