Kansas City Fans V.S. Dolfans | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kansas City Fans V.S. Dolfans

phin in the NW

Starter
Reaction score
I was reading my Sporting News and they ranked the KC fans as the number 1 pro football fans. Being from Portland, Oregon where the closest we have ever gotten to getting a pro franchise was the Arena leagues Portland Forest Dragons, (Yes, Oronde played here), I have no idea what the criteria for best fans would be. I was wondering where all of you ticket holders feel you rank in the "best fans" category, and what makes the dolfan unique from other fans. If KC is an example of the best, where would the phin ticket holders rank?

one thing about the dolphins is they have more fans around the country than they do in south florida - i've experienced this first hand from living down there and travelling, and finally moving elsewhere.

it seems south florida has more transplanted NY team fans than dolfans.... i don't know if you watched that monday night game last year, but it seemed like there were more dolfans in arizona than south florida.

As far as best local fans, we arent even on the radar......but as far as a national and international scene (just take a look at where people are logging in from) we have to be one of the best fanbases of any sports franchise in the world.

TerryTate said:
As far as best local fans, we arent even on the radar......but as far as a national and international scene (just take a look at where people are logging in from) we have to be one of the best fanbases of any sports franchise in the world.

go alex haynes! nice banner terrytate. i hope we run the ball more often this season.

well i think if the stadium was full of the type of people on this site we would be alot better off, i mean i know most of us go but were not enough to fill the stadium. all the gameS i go to are kinda quiet compared to other stadiums. maybe noise just filters out of pro player better than other stadiums? but when i go to the orange bowl to watch the canes that place is INSANE!!

texasPHINSfan said:
one thing about the dolphins is they have more fans around the country than they do in south florida - i've experienced this first hand from living down there and travelling, and finally moving elsewhere.

it seems south florida has more transplanted NY team fans than dolfans.... i don't know if you watched that monday night game last year, but it seemed like there were more dolfans in arizona than south florida.

Very true. The game here (Arizona) was a perfect example. Despite being only a few hours away from SD, the crowd outside waiting to get in was a sea of aqua and orange (including myself).

I live in Southern Illinois and there are a lot of KC fans around. Most are die hard fans. But like an earlier post said they are more regional fan based team. Where as the dolphin fans seem to be scattered all over the country. A lot of dolphin tickets are eaten up by corporate america to take their clients to which is why you can here a pin drop most of the time. Arrowhead is full of crazy, diehard fans. Like Green Bay. Fins will never have that kind of fan base with the tourism down there and the old fogeys from the northeast......Oh well like my tattoo says (Dolphin logo and under it says till I Die!)

A few years ago I went to the HoosierDome (or RCADome if you like) for a Dolphins/Colts game and was amazed at the sea of aqua and orange in the stands. I would guess about 30-40% of the people there were Dolfans. When I got home and watched the tape, Dierdorf said pretty much the same thing. So there are TONS of Dolphin fans out there, and most are dedicated, but maybe not as rabid as the KC or OAK fans.

phin in the NW said:
Being from Portland, Oregon where the closest we have ever gotten to getting a pro franchise was the Arena leagues Portland Forest Dragons
You`re forgetting the Portland Breakers of the USFL. I was going to college in Portland in 1984-85, which was the Breakers first and last season. Marcus Dupree tearing up his knee, which pretty much ended his career, is about all I can remember of that franchise though.

I did forget the Breakers, but to my defense i was a sophomore in Highschool in Boise, Idaho.

I am a Chiefs fan...born and raised in the KC area and going to college right now in Missouri. We love our Chiefs. I have done a good deal of traveling and have never had a stadium experience like the ones I have at Arrowhead. I do believe we have some of the best fans in the NFL. Even if you arn't a Chiefs fan I would encourage anyone who is a football fan in general to catch a game at Arrowhead, esp if you were to get to see your Dolphins play against them. Rival fans have good experiences...come early and have some BBQ and tailgate. If you arn't a ******** the worst you will get is some good natured ribbing.

It is intersting about Dolphin fans and how they have a solid fan base but it is very spread out. Solid actully isn't quite a good enough words. It is a huge fan base. I find this with Denver as well. Although Denver's homefield advantage isn't what it used to be before they changed stadiums.

What makes GREAT fans....

1) Still show up even when the team STINKS
2) Show up in bad weather
3) Don't complain about stupid things like price of parking, long lines, or watered down beer
4) "BLACKOUTS" are never even an issue
5) Are willing to quit their jobs and leave on a moments notice to go watch your team if they happen to go to the Super Bowl.

In ranking Fans. KC, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and Dallas are probably the Top 4. (not in that order)

MikeO said:
What makes GREAT fans....

1) Still show up even when the team STINKS
2) Show up in bad weather
3) Don't complain about stupid things like price of parking, long lines, or watered down beer
4) "BLACKOUTS" are never even an issue
5) Are willing to quit their jobs and leave on a moments notice to go watch your team if they happen to go to the Super Bowl.

In ranking Fans. KC, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and Dallas are probably the Top 4. (not in that order)

1) The worst they have been (in my years as a fan) was 7-9. I am sure if this team didn't win a game I would still be out there. Just heartbroken. :(

2) Oh ya....cold as hell....you Miami folks don't even know. :lol:

3) I think Arrowhead has the cheapest beer in the NFL. I think....

4) Non issue

5) Superbowl...... :tongue:

As far as the teams you listed...I agree with you on KC (of course) and Pittsburgh. But when it comes to Dallas and Cleavlend I would replace them with Buffalo and in one that not alot of people would say Tennasee. Those folks are Titans crazy.

if the dolphins make it to the SB i will throw my vest in my managers face and tell him to shove it where the sun dont shine, cuz I WILL be there :evil:

I cancelled a trip to go see a college in Orlando...had plane tickets and everything just to see a Chiefs Playoff game.

Back
Top Bottom