Kansas City Fans V.S. Dolfans | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kansas City Fans V.S. Dolfans

its because south florida is full of models and cubans... those people dont like football... im from DC, we have some crazy skins fans apletny... but wherever i go in the US i see aqua and orange

MikeO said:
What makes GREAT fans....

1) Still show up even when the team STINKS
2) Show up in bad weather
3) Don't complain about stupid things like price of parking, long lines, or watered down beer
4) "BLACKOUTS" are never even an issue
5) Are willing to quit their jobs and leave on a moments notice to go watch your team if they happen to go to the Super Bowl.

In ranking Fans. KC, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and Dallas are probably the Top 4. (not in that order)

I agree with your assessment except for one thing: how do you leave out Packer fans? I'll take them over Cowboy fans any day.

ZachKC is quite a bit off on how KC fans treat visiting fans. A family friend (a Raiders fan) goes down every single year for the Oakland - Kansas City game. Every year he gets about 10 full beers thrown on him. That seems like a few steps further than good natured ribbing. :lol:

ZachKC said:
1) The worst they have been (in my years as a fan) was 7-9. I am sure if this team didn't win a game I would still be out there. Just heartbroken. :(

2) Oh ya....cold as hell....you Miami folks don't even know. :lol:

3) I think Arrowhead has the cheapest beer in the NFL. I think....

4) Non issue

5) Superbowl...... :tongue:

As far as the teams you listed...I agree with you on KC (of course) and Pittsburgh. But when it comes to Dallas and Cleavlend I would replace them with Buffalo and in one that not alot of people would say Tennasee. Those folks are Titans crazy.

You can't replace the Cowboys with either of those teams. The Cowboys could arguably have the #1 local Fanbase. The only team you could replace Pitt or Clevland with might be Washington.

JPhinfan86 said:
ZachKC is quite a bit off on how KC fans treat visiting fans. A family friend (a Raiders fan) goes down every single year for the Oakland - Kansas City game. Every year he gets about 10 full beers thrown on him. That seems like a few steps further than good natured ribbing. :lol:

If he's a Raider fan, he more than likely catches the beers in mid-air, gulps what's left, slurps what spills on his shirt, and thanks the guy for throwing it. No worries. :lol:

I'm just saying that he generalized and said that KC fans greet visiting fans with handshakes and well wishes. However, it's not even remotely true in this case. I don't know if you noticed, but Oakland fans fall in that "visiting fans" category. :lol: :goof:

Just remember people in the midwest usually lead very boring lives and live for football. I know a couple of guys from the midwest and they told me about this. There's nothing much to do in that region so the population focuses on football.

I don't know if you noticed, but I live in Iowa. I know all about the "boring ole Midwest". I know for a fact that even if there was more to do I would STILL live for football. Guaranteed.

ZachKC said:
1) The worst they have been (in my years as a fan) was 7-9. I am sure if this team didn't win a game I would still be out there. Just heartbroken. :(

2) Oh ya....cold as hell....you Miami folks don't even know. :lol:

3) I think Arrowhead has the cheapest beer in the NFL. I think....

4) Non issue

5) Superbowl...... :tongue:

As far as the teams you listed...I agree with you on KC (of course) and Pittsburgh. But when it comes to Dallas and Cleavlend I would replace them with Buffalo and in one that not alot of people would say Tennasee. Those folks are Titans crazy.
Buffalo fans are FAIR WEATHER as hell. When Rob Johnson was there games were blacked out all the time. Those fans only show when they are winning or playing an AFC East team.

You can't replace Cleveland. That team stunk for years and those people sold out EVERY GAME!

Green Bay does belong on the list and it was an oversight by me for leaving them off.

Our fanbase is tremendous, but we have FAR too many "fantasy land" guys who talk to much crap year in and year out.

I went to the 'Phins-Giants game last year and we had some GREAT representation. I would say that 25% of the crowd were Dolphin fans. I also went to the Monday Night Disaster a few years ago and it was the same thing. I actually had only a single ticket to the Monday night game- but I met up with a group of Dolphin fans in the lot when I got there and we had a GREAT time together (BEFORE the game) eating, drinking and swapping Dolphin stories.

You know if you do some research on the internet you find out some interesting details about this subject. First of all Miami out sells Buffalo in home attendance. Also there is this reputation we seem to have that we do not sell out our games. In the last three years we have nearly sold out every game. Not always in time for the blackout t5o be lifted, but they sell out. And finally, Miami ranks something like sixth in the league in attendance figures and near that in season ticket sales. When you match that with the fact that over 60% of our population are transplants from other states, I think it speaks volumes about the kind of fans we are. People also say how quiet we are. I have to tell you I went to the Sunday night game against the Bills and the Jets game last year. The crowd was in a frenzy. So where do we rank? Not at the top. I think Green Bay, Dallas, the Jets (yuk!) rank at the top for fan support at the stadium on gameday and selling tickets. We rank I would say in the top 10. As far as national interest and support, I would say we rank in the top 5.

FireWrongstedt said:
I went to the 'Phins-Giants game last year and we had some GREAT representation. I would say that 25% of the crowd were Dolphin fans.
And I was one of em baby!!! That was a great day!!

Back
Top Bottom