Kansas City Fans V.S. Dolfans | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kansas City Fans V.S. Dolfans

I have only been to one live Dolphin game, that was two years ago in Seatle. I made sure i got tickets for my friends and myself on the phin side of the stadium. I expected a small Dolphin showing but instead found there was a ton of phin fans. The other thing that impressed me was other then two guys who spent much of the game being a** **** to an elderly man who wore a vikings cap, everyone else was really friendly and vocal. I ended up taking pictures with phin fans from all over the nation. It was a great time. I am getting my tickets Saturday for this years Seattle game and am very excited. Otherwise, I have my direct ticket and watch every game, screaming right along with you guys there live!

fin-atic said:
You know if you do some research on the internet you find out some interesting details about this subject. First of all Miami out sells Buffalo in home attendance. Also there is this reputation we seem to have that we do not sell out our games. In the last three years we have nearly sold out every game. Not always in time for the blackout t5o be lifted, but they sell out. And finally, Miami ranks something like sixth in the league in attendance figures and near that in season ticket sales. When you match that with the fact that over 60% of our population are transplants from other states, I think it speaks volumes about the kind of fans we are. People also say how quiet we are. I have to tell you I went to the Sunday night game against the Bills and the Jets game last year. The crowd was in a frenzy. So where do we rank? Not at the top. I think Green Bay, Dallas, the Jets (yuk!) rank at the top for fan support at the stadium on gameday and selling tickets. We rank I would say in the top 10. As far as national interest and support, I would say we rank in the top 5.
Miami had a HOME playoff game BLACKEDOUT a couple years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No team that has Top 5 fans has a playoff game BLACKEDOUT! It's the friggin playoffs!!!!!!

Im sorry. Bottom line, end of story! That is a joke. Im not saying Miami fans are at the bottom of the list, but they aren't Top 5. Probably not even Top 10. Sell out a playoff game, my god that is embarrassing!

There should be an unbiased rating. They should survey the away games for all teams an record how many of the away teams jerseys are present throught the year. That would be awesome

MikeO said:
Miami had a HOME playoff game BLACKEDOUT a couple years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No team that has Top 5 fans has a playoff game BLACKEDOUT! It's the friggin playoffs!!!!!!

Im sorry. Bottom line, end of story! That is a joke. Im not saying Miami fans are at the bottom of the list, but they aren't Top 5. Probably not even Top 10. Sell out a playoff game, my god that is embarrassing!

I don't think you read his post man. Just because a game was blacked out doesn't mean it didn't sell out - just means it didnt sell out by a certain day. When all was said and done, every game WAS sold out at the end of the season.

He also said Top 5 about overall fan bases in the national awareness arena. In that respect i'd probably agree. In my various travels and road trips, i have seen a lot of orange and aqua out there.

Heck, before i got my direct ticket, i used to go to sports bars here in san antonio, and you'd see more fins jerseys than cowboy jerseys.... and i'm IN cowboy country. so go figure.

-tex

JPhinfan86 said:
ZachKC is quite a bit off on how KC fans treat visiting fans. A family friend (a Raiders fan) goes down every single year for the Oakland - Kansas City game. Every year he gets about 10 full beers thrown on him. That seems like a few steps further than good natured ribbing. :lol:

lol, well, they are pretty heated rivals (then again, I think OAK is heated rivals with everyone in their division :lol: ) . My question to the KC fan is why the hell would you waste a perfectly good beer on a frickin fader fan?

No kidding. I'm sure the Raider fans would rather you throw the 5 bucks at them. :chuckle:

Back
Top Bottom