Kansas City Quarterbacks/passing game coordinator Mike Kafka | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kansas City Quarterbacks/passing game coordinator Mike Kafka

Philadelphia's offense when they beat the Patriots in the super bowl, would seemingly fit Tua perfectly.

That said, I think he could fit in a variety of offensive systems.
When Philly beat NE with Foles they weren't doing much but throwing a lot of vertical routes, aka 50/50 balls, that favor a QB like Fitz over a guy like Tua, who hasn't been comfortable throwing the ball to covered receivers.

I understand that, but I have to point out, KC was doing great things of offense well before Mahomes was QB. Mahomes just made a very good offense great. And it's far different from the Gase offense which was just a dropback offense which, with Manning, succeeded in running standard passing plays. Kansas City has the best QB, possibly the best receiving corps, and until the "incident" had a great running back in Hunt, and yet nobody on that offensive staff does anything less than everything they can do to manufacture plays. There is so much misdirection and pre-snap motion built into their plays that it takes maybe the best cast in the league and makes their job pretty easy, which is why they've been so darn good.

My only thing is...Matt Nagy came from that offensive staff and he's just done a terrible job helping his offense manufacture plays. They spent an entire season last year with an inconsistent QB basically doing nothing but standard dropbacks and not providing a running game all year. It was terrible, and with Andy Reid known to be such a guru who has a genuine love and joy in creating offense, I wonder how much responsibility anyone involved in the offense has actually had. But whoever does their offense does a great job and doesn't just rely on great talent.
Well Kafka joined the staff the same year as Mahomes, so the point you’re making only raises more questions about Kafka being the “next big thing”

I’m hesitant to say anyone that has Patrick Mahomes is the next big coach. That’s like giving credit to Adam Gase in Denver
This is spot on. Not saying Kafka can’t coach as obviously he has a role in KCs success but Mahomes evolution is due to Andy Reid and his insane talent along with the top notch skill players surrounding him. I’m like a few others here that are hesitant to say well a guy from KC is the answer. Me and 10 other FH posters could coach that team and produce a ton of wins.

Agree. I like Flores a lot but it feels like we would have been better off staying with O’Shea than this herky jerky approach every year.

Hopefully we get a bright, creative coach with whom we can build continuity.
Wonder how o'shea did this yr??? Did he make playoff

I’m not sure how he did but I will say I was also surprised that they got rid of him after that first year bc although we started the first half of the season horribly in the last 7/8 games I thought our offense improved dramatically and I thought that a lot of the improvement was due to O’Shea. My thought process was with drafting a rookie QB maybe Flo wanted a more seasoned OC to help the maturation of whichever rookie QB we were going to select.

He is the WR coach for the Browns. So I guess he did well. Landry is still doing Landry things while Peoples-Jones has begun to excite with big plays. Rashard Higgins came out of nowhere to play a serviceable role.

Keep in mind I haven’t been following the Browns in depth but it seems like they were doing better as the season progressed

Well Kafka joined the staff the same year as Mahomes, so the point you’re making only raises more questions about Kafka being the “next big thing”
Yeah, I was just discussing KC in general. Most seem to talk about Bienemy as the candidate there. But still, the rest of the things I said about KC stand. It's not a stale offense that relies on its superior talent just to outplay the opponent.

Don’t get me wrong, I loved our draft last year, but I really wanted Peoples-Jones drafted considering how late he went. My wife went to Michigan and we live in B1G country so I am well aware of him. He has considerable ability and can make that key play for you. Like in investing when you can’t get into every big winner, you can’t catch every undervalued draft pick. The only think annoying here is he was a guy I wanted in real time as he slid.

Mute point because KC blocked an opportunity for him to be an OC last year.
He’s gonna get promoted when Bieniemy gets a job in a few weeks.

Joe Lombardi and Anthony Lynn are probably the 2 more realistic names

Agree. I like Flores a lot but it feels like we would have been better off staying with O’Shea than this herky jerky approach every year.

Hopefully we get a bright, creative coach with whom we can build continuity.
It makes me question what Flores wants on offense. He has earned trust, but this is a decision he has to get right.

Am I the only one who didn't think O'Shea did a bad job last season?

Perhaps! But, we have no idea why Coach Flo let him go. I’m going to trust Coach Flo didn’t let a “good” OC get away just because. Clearly there was more going io there than we’re aware of.

That’s okay onto the next!

Perhaps! But, we have no idea why Coach Flo let him go. I’m going to trust Coach Flo didn’t let a “good” OC get away just because. Clearly there was more going io there than we’re aware of.

That’s okay onto the next!

Apparently his offensive terminology and way of teaching was way too complex for young players.

Back
Top Bottom