Karlos dansby top defender in MVP race, at #8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Karlos dansby top defender in MVP race, at #8

We should have kept him and signed Ellerbe. Never should have signed Wheeler and thought it was okay to let Burnett go.

For continuity sake, I would not have released Dansby and Burnett.

Let it go guys.....we'll be here all day ,bringing up Ireland's gaff's.

Think part of the reason we got rid of Dansby was his mouth, was just a bit too outspoken for Philbin, having said that I wish he was here rather than Wheeler.

The LB moves have always been pinned on Ireland. i think they were Joe's.

Haven't heard that one before.....

I think Joe wants "his" guys...hence no Long, Bush, Dansby, Burnett. That should surprise anyone, but it was a bad move nonetheless.

remember on Hardknocks when the players confronted the coaching staff about policing themselves? All of the players who spoke to the coaches are no longer on the team. Guess Philbin does not want any of that.

Ellerbe in Wheeler's spot and Dansby here, I bet our defense would look a hell of a lot better

remember on Hardknocks when the players confronted the coaching staff about policing themselves? All of the players who spoke to the coaches are no longer on the team. Guess Philbin does not want any of that.

To be fair,

1. The team did try to keep Jake Long. Just not at the price he wanted.
2. I agree Reggie Bush was a mistake but I honestly don't think it was because of his attitude. I think it's because we simply don't value the RB position at all with this coaching staff.
3. Karlos Dansby was offered a chance to restructure his contract and declined. Keep in mind that Karlos came in grossly overweight to camp two years in a row, questioned team policies in radio appearances, and was not well regarded in the locker room (heard this from more than one person).
4. Davone Bess (the last member of the leadership council) simply isn't a very good player and also isn't the brightest crayon in the box, considering that he just got suspended for the remainder of the season for posting a picture of himself lighting up a joint on the internet.

I don't think those players were jettisoned for that. We jettisoned Sean Smith and Vontae Davis and they sure as **** weren't interested in leadership roles.

We offered Jake more than he took in St. Louis. He just didn't want to play here.

To be fair,

1. The team did try to keep Jake Long. Just not at the price he wanted.
2. I agree Reggie Bush was a mistake but I honestly don't think it was because of his attitude. I think it's because we simply don't value the RB position at all with this coaching staff.
3. Karlos Dansby was offered a chance to restructure his contract and declined. Keep in mind that Karlos came in grossly overweight to camp two years in a row, questioned team policies in radio appearances, and was not well regarded in the locker room (heard this from more than one person).
4. Davone Bess (the last member of the leadership council) simply isn't a very good player and also isn't the brightest crayon in the box, considering that he just got suspended for the remainder of the season for posting a picture of himself lighting up a joint on the internet.

I don't think those players were jettisoned for that. We jettisoned Sean Smith and Vontae Davis and they sure as **** weren't interested in leadership roles.

I did want to keep Dansby, but was ok with cutting him because of his salery. Now.. i wish we would have kept him, he would have been great for us seeing how MLB is a weak spot for us right now.

Back
Top Bottom