Kay-Jay Harris | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kay-Jay Harris

i bet you sammy morris is more of a fullback for us in our new offense ( i know linehan doesnt use much FB so dont waste your breath on telling me that) because he can also do well catchin out of the backfield

We really don't know what Linehan has in store for us. He largely went along with what he inherited in Minnesota in terms of formation. For all we know, we'll be running a very tradititional two back, two receiver, one TE set most of the time.

painnotpleasure said:
MY PREDICTIONS
1.) Ronnie Brown
2.) Lamar Gordon
3.) Sammy Morris (We may use with goaline perhaps)
4.) Kay Jay Harris (Will probably be 3rd or 4th string)

Cuts:
Travis Minor
Brock Forsey
Vick King
Avon Cobourne

Welfare
Ricky Williams :hide:

Morris will play some FB/HB, I think Gordon will be cut, Brown can do evrything he can do but much better. Harris is a bull.

Quote from Scouts Inc.

Possessing outstanding size/speed numbers for the next level and showing flashes of dominance carring the ball, Harris is a prospect worthy of being a top 45 choice at face value. Harris sits as a first day pick and is suited for a system that rotates ball carriers!

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Morris will play some FB/HB, I think Gordon will be cut, Brown can do evrything he can do but much better. Harris is a bull.

Quote from Scouts Inc.

Possessing outstanding size/speed numbers for the next level and showing flashes of dominance carring the ball, Harris is a prospect worthy of being a top 45 choice at face value. Harris sits as a first day pick and is suited for a system that rotates ball carriers!

I agree about Morris will probably be playing some FB/HB. You really think Gordon will be cut even though we invested a 3rd in him? He never really had gotten a fair shot, if Feeley gets another chance, Gordon should too. I think Gordon would make a good backup for us.

painnotpleasure said:
I agree about Morris will probably be playing some FB/HB. You really think Gordon will be cut even though we invested a 3rd in him? He never really had gotten a fair shot, if Feeley gets another chance, Gordon should too. I think Gordon would make a good backup for us.

I'm not saying we should cut Gordon, but the price we paid for him means nothing. We're not keeping him around as some sort of sacred cow because the team was in a desperate situation last year. If he stays, it is because he can contribute. End of story.

I absolutely loved getting Kay-Jay as an UDFA! He'll provide some nice punishment while Ronnie is resting! Josh Davis is a nice pick up too! The other UDFA pick-up I really love is Lionel Turner lB LSU. This dude is a bit slow but, he busts skulls! I'd love to see him & Crowder manning the middle of a 3-4 lineup!

Harris is a stud of a HB. His problem is his age (older than most draftees) and injuries. He is PERFECTLY suited to be a reserve ballcarrier in the pros.

I have a strong feeling we're going to be punishing the opposing defenses with size at RB all the way around...

Ronnie Brown: 6', 233
Kay-Jay Harris: 6', 243
Lamar Gordon: 6'1", 228
Sammy Morris: 6', 220

That's my depth chart prediction. I think Morris, Harris, and Brown will all potentially see the field in a FB role at times, but they'll all make the roster at HB.

I still stand by my statement that Gordon can be a good back if he can stay healthy, the same can be said of Kay-Jay. Personally I don't have a problem with having 3 capable backs. :)

DcRy82 said:
i bet you sammy morris is more of a fullback for us in our new offense ( i know linehan doesnt use much FB so dont waste your breath on telling me that) because he can also do well catchin out of the backfield

Sammy Morris is very much like a Moe Williams.

You are right about Linehan. Here's what Linehan did in Minnesota:

He often used either two TE's or three WR's with a one back set. He alternated those backs and often went with whoever was "hot" (two years ago, Bennett and Onterrio Smith; last year, Bennett, Smith, Mewelde Moore).

When they got into the red zone or close to the goal line he often went with Moe Williams (a bigger, more powerful back) and sometimes a fullback.

With that, I think our RB's will be:

1. Brown
2. Gordon
3. Harris
4. Morris as a RB/FB

And, we'll probably keep two FB's.

painnotpleasure said:
MY PREDICTIONS
1.) Ronnie Brown
2.) Lamar Gordon
3.) Sammy Morris (We may use with goaline perhaps)
4.) Kay Jay Harris (Will probably be 3rd or 4th string)

Cuts:
Travis Minor
Brock Forsey
Vick King
Avon Cobourne

Welfare
Ricky Williams :hide:

Love it. However..Sammy Morris will be a swing man between HB and FB.

I hope R. Williams comes back and does some damage. This way we can trade him midseason to a team that will desperately need a RB and trade a draft pick to us for the 06 draft.

I think that you will see Morris back at a FB with Heath
Gordon is a good RB and I was impressed with him until our offensive line almost killed him. We will just have to wait and see how Harris plays out but watching him, I think that he has enough to make Minor a cut or trade to another team.

Back
Top Bottom