Kay Jay HARRIS | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kay Jay HARRIS

N

NJFinFury2004

I like everything I have read and seen from him. Yes, I know he can't catch and he doesn't have the best speed, what happens to this guy if Ricky comes back?

He seems like he is on a misson to prove people wrong and runs like a BEAST! Maybe this could be our fullback? I want to see this guy get the chance he deserves.

If he's the real deal he'll get the 3rd spot. If he's not they'll try to stash him on the practice squad. Pretty much that simple. No guarentee that he isn't practice squad material only anyways even if Ricky comes back.

If Ricky comes back, the third spot will most likely come to Lamar Gordon and Kay Jay Harris. But with Ricky saying he'll only play "two more years"... I doubt we'll be letting any of them go too far. I personally would love to see Ronnie Brown/Ricky Williams/Lamar Gordon/and Kay Jay Harris on our Depth Chart. Also... I believe Gordon's contract is up next year. I really want us to keep both Gordon AND Harris.

There is a lot of talk about Ricky...I'll believe it when I see it. I too have liked everything I've read about KJ but you have to wonder why a guy who was projected as high as 2nd round would have fallen so far. It can't be just age we all know RB's only last 5 years or so anyway.

I think Harris will beat out Gordon for the 3rd spot. Ronnie Brown, Ricky Williams, and Kay Jay Harris would be a nice threesome at tailback.

I think age really was the dominate factor. at 26, he's near his prime as a running back. The other running backs choosen will have a longer shelf life.

razorphin said:
Fullback for Harris...interesting idea.

Yes it is. But, does that mean Morris gets the boot? Or do we carry 2 FBs?

RB - 1) Brown, 2) Williams and 3) Gordon
FB - 1) Harris and 2) Morris

?

If we do carry 5 RBs/FBs, this lineup would be the most depth and talent the Phinz have ever possessed in a single season.

I'm starting to get tingly all over looking forward to this year.

We finally have an unbelievable amount of talent on offense. We have a supporting cast of skill position players most QBs salivate over.

Let's just hope the OLine and QB positions get it together. :cooldude:

It might take until Week 8 before the entire well oiled machine is functioning to potential (Ricky out until Week 6), but oh my..... possiblities abound!

I think we will deffinately carry more than 3 rb's. Linehan uses alot of multiset backs and alot of backs period. I think we'll keep 4 rb's and 1 FB.

NathanHunt said:

?

If we do carry 5 RBs/FBs, this lineup would be the most depth and talent the Phinz have ever possessed in a single season.

We finally have an unbelievable amount of talent on offense. We have a supporting cast of skill position players most QBs salivate over.

It might take until Week 8 before the entire well oiled machine is functioning to potential (Ricky out until Week 6), but oh my..... possiblities abound!
you forget that we have Evans so that would make us carrying 3 fullbacks and i just don't see the need to do that.

jnewmant said:
you forget that we have Evans so that would make us carrying 3 fullbacks and i just don't see the need to do that.

Yes, I forgot about evans. However, my "concern" about carrying more than 1 FB is the "H-Back" prototype and the players we have to fill that spot.

McMike is not an H-Back mold. Linehan uses the H-Back to a great degree.

So, as I see it, 4 guys fighting for the "H-Back" position. Maybe more that I'm forgetting. Evans, Morris, Harris and Lee.

Which brings me back to my original delima: I wonder exactly how many roster spots we will be utilizing for RB, TE, HB, FB?

NathanHunt said:

?

I see a trade -- we do have great depth, and I think we will have a lot of 3 WR's.

painnotpleasure said:
If Ricky comes back, the third spot will most likely come to Lamar Gordon and Kay Jay Harris. But with Ricky saying he'll only play "two more years"... I doubt we'll be letting any of them go too far. I personally would love to see Ronnie Brown/Ricky Williams/Lamar Gordon/and Kay Jay Harris on our Depth Chart. Also... I believe Gordon's contract is up next year. I really want us to keep both Gordon AND Harris.

If I'm not mistaken, Gordon is in his last year of his contract? Or maybe next year is his last. Either way, if he doesn't get significant playing time, he's probably gone before Ricky, assuming Ricky doesn't get busted again.

Ohio Fanatic said:
If I'm not mistaken, Gordon is in his last year of his contract? Or maybe next year is his last. Either way, if he doesn't get significant playing time, he's probably gone before Ricky, assuming Ricky doesn't get busted again.
Just looked it up and YES, this is the last year in his contract. If you're interested this is what he's getting paid...

Salary History

2002- $225,000
2003- $300,000
2004- $380,000
2005- $455,000

Not bad.

Back
Top Bottom