Keep Jay atleast one more year | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Keep Jay atleast one more year

Dolfan4life

Starter
Reaction score
I just wanted to get everyone mad today.

Go ahead and vent some more built up hostility.

Sad to think that Jay is going to be booted out of town with the talent he had to deal with. Not many QBs could have done better than he did. Example Griese.

Griese has a better arm and is more accurate. So in theory he would have been better. Wrong. Same with Lucas. Before the '02 season everyone marvelled at his arm compared to Fiedler. Same result as Griese. Both suck.

So, will Brunell be another Griese. Someone who had success somewhere else and who comes here and stinks it up. Hopefully not.

Imagine if Jay is gone and we have Brunell, Rivers and Sage.

If Brunell goes down. We will go 4-12 or 5-11.

If we have Brunell, Jay and Rivers. We atleast have some insurance.

BG really did not get a fair shake. I dont know if he can go back to probowl form but I do know Jay had 4 yrs, no probowls and the team is worse every year he is at the helm. G'Bye Jay.

Put it this way, Jay was Brunell's backup for a reason. We took the chance that we could be the man, he's close, but he's not our man. Getting Brunell would be an upgrade as Brunell is an upgrade.

I really would love to see what Sage could do and feel really comfortable with him as a #2.

Originally posted by dreadlockera
BG really did not get a fair shake. I dont know if he can go back to probowl form but I do know Jay had 4 yrs, no probowls and the team is worse every year he is at the helm. G'Bye Jay.

Yes he did get a fair shake. Brian has been playing for 5 years now, and still doesn't know when to get rid of the ball, and his pockett awareness is aweful. I played (1) good half in the games he played, that was the 1sy half against the Chargers.

Originally posted by bigmiamifan
Put it this way, Jay was Brunell's backup for a reason. We took the chance that we could be the man, he's close, but he's not our man. Getting Brunell would be an upgrade as Brunell is an upgrade.

I really would love to see what Sage could do and feel really comfortable with him as a #2.

He shoots...he scores!

Nice point bigmiamifan.

Jay is a loser. The only way he should come back is to shag kicks in practice.

Originally posted by fin-atic

He shoots...he scores!

Nice point bigmiamifan.

Jay is a loser. The only way he should come back is to shag kicks in practice.

Gee, how did I know you'd be chiming in on this one. :rolleyes:

Your like a fly to poo when it comes to Fiedler threads: you simply cannot resist dropping a few little stinkers every time one is posted.
:laugh:

uh....wasn't BG's QB rating lower then Lucas's? He has a stronger arm, more accurate....maybe years ago he did. It's funny how everytime someone says Fiedler, that someone is still saying how great BG is. (not that I think JF is the greatest). BG can't and never will go back to his probowl form (he has 1 good year). Besides his mental limitations, ever since he srewed up his shoulder he's never been the same thrower. JF has had his chance and if we can upgrade that position, great. Lord knows we need all the improvement anywhere we can on offense. I'd like the Brunell/Jay/whoever combo the best as we at least know Jay can get us a W more often then not, and more often then any of his backups ever did.

Originally posted by jbond
uh....wasn't BG's QB rating lower then Lucas's? He has a stronger arm, more accurate....maybe years ago he did. It's funny how everytime someone says Fiedler, that someone is still saying how great BG is. (not that I think JF is the greatest). BG can't and never will go back to his probowl form (he has 1 good year). Besides his mental limitations, ever since he srewed up his shoulder he's never been the same thrower. JF has had his chance and if we can upgrade that position, great. Lord knows we need all the improvement anywhere we can on offense. I'd like the Brunell/Jay/whoever combo the best as we at least know Jay can get us a W more often then not, and more often then any of his backups ever did.

I never said BG was great but he really got the shaft from Wanny. In two games (against two of the top teams in the AFC) BG had his blind side left wide open. A rookie LT with less than 1 yr exp at the position against Kearse and Freeney without help. I think Montana would have Lucas like numbers in those situations. However it would never happen b/c Wanny would never be HC in SF (lucky us). I am NOT saying BG is great, good or should be our QB next year. I am saying that 4 games with terrible coaching and support does not make a situation that would allow us to judge his ability.

I don't know how you can compare Griese to Mark Brunell.Fiedler might be back anyways if the price is right.

Last edited by a moderator:

Who is making that comparison?

Dolphins4life in his original post..

I never said BG was great but he really got the shaft from Wanny. In two games (against two of the top teams in the AFC) BG had his blind side left wide open. A rookie LT with less than 1 yr exp at the position against Kearse and Freeney without help. I think Montana would have Lucas like numbers in those situations. However it would never happen b/c Wanny would never be HC in SF (lucky us). I am NOT saying BG is great, good or should be our QB next year. I am saying that 4 games with terrible coaching and support does not make a situation that would allow us to judge his ability.

so fiedler sucks and its because he just sucks, but griese sucks but it ws his supporting cast or the competition or the coach or the waterboy or the groupies' faults:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Phishstix

so fiedler sucks and its because he just sucks, but griese sucks but it ws his supporting cast or the competition or the coach or the waterboy or the groupies' faults:rolleyes:

No Jay had four years to prove he sucks. I just dont think 4 games, especially withe the Smith vs Probowl DE situation, is a fair way to judge a QB. I would also say that one good game against SD (for example) does not mean he is a good QB.

Back
Top Bottom