Keep Jay atleast one more year | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Keep Jay atleast one more year

Originally posted by Cranx

Gee, how did I know you'd be chiming in on this one. :rolleyes:

Your like a fly to poo when it comes to Fiedler threads: you simply cannot resist dropping a few little stinkers every time one is posted.
:laugh:
Cranx with another personal attack. I never saw it coming.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Dolfan954

Cranx with another personal attack. I never saw it coming.:rolleyes:

You have a really warped sense of what's personal and what's not. Do you tear up like this whenever one of your buddies calls you a dork or something to that affect?

You're going to have a rough time in life if you're really this thin skinned.
:dunce:

Originally posted by Dolfan4life
I just wanted to get everyone mad today.

Go ahead and vent some more built up hostility.

Sad to think that Jay is going to be booted out of town with the talent he had to deal with. Not many QBs could have done better than he did. Example Griese.

Griese has a better arm and is more accurate. So in theory he would have been better. Wrong. Same with Lucas. Before the '02 season everyone marvelled at his arm compared to Fiedler. Same result as Griese. Both suck.

So, will Brunell be another Griese. Someone who had success somewhere else and who comes here and stinks it up. Hopefully not.

Imagine if Jay is gone and we have Brunell, Rivers and Sage.

If Brunell goes down. We will go 4-12 or 5-11.

If we have Brunell, Jay and Rivers. We atleast have some insurance.

Jay should only be here is every FA QB option is failed, and they draft a rookie QB, and most importantly Mr. Fiedler re-structures his contract. He's had his 4-years, he's not young, and it's time for the Dolphins to do their best to move in a dif direction as far as the starting QB position.

If Jay does not budge on his contract, he needs to be cut, period.

Oliver...

Originally posted by fin-atic

He shoots...he scores!

Nice point bigmiamifan.

Jay is a loser. The only way he should come back is to shag kicks in practice.

The loser comment is un-called for, and not in the least bit surprising that you would go there.

Oliver...

If Jay is kept, he will become a sulking cancer on the sidelines. He's already stated that he will not accept being the back up, and he is not interested in grooming a young quarterback to replace him.

With his agent constant running off at the mouth about how Jay's teammates let him down, I would think the Dolphins players would be getting tired of his **** as well. The fact that Jay doesn't shut Brian Levy up or simply replace him shows that Jay believes what his agent says.

Originally posted by KBISBACK
If Jay is kept, he will become a sulking cancer on the sidelines. He's already stated that he will not accept being the back up, and he is not interested in grooming a young quarterback to replace him.

With his agent constant running off at the mouth about how Jay's teammates let him down, I would think the Dolphins players would be getting tired of his **** as well. The fact that Jay doesn't shut Brian Levy up or simply replace him shows that Jay believes what his agent says.

Actually, you are entirely, 100% wrong on this bro. Jay said that he would not accept simply being placed into a backup role. He said that if he were to get beat in an open competition for the job he would have no problem with that but if the job were simply handed down to someone else then yes, he said he'd have a problem; HUGE difference there. He's also NEVER said anything about not wanting to groom a young QB of the future so that part was entirely made up. Get your facts straight next time.

Jay has only said that he will not comeback as being designated #2 but that he will come back if given the opportunity to compete for the #1 spot and if the other guy is better then he WILL accept being #2. He is a team player and has tried everything possible to help the team win and will continue to do so in whatever role is given to him. He is a fierce competitor and will not allow someone to just tell him that someone else is better and will start over him....he wants anyone new to prove it. And I for one don't see anything wrong with that attitude especially since no one has been picked up yet to give him competition. I'd bet it would really burn a bunch of people's butts here to see Jay come back as the #1 QB after not getting another through FA or the draft....and rather see the Dolphins pick up some good O-line men through FA and a couple good WR's in the draft (not that I'm advocating ignoring the QB spot, but it is a hypothetical possibility). The guy isn't perfect but he has led this team to 11,11,9,10 winning seasons in his four years. Although his stats aren't pretty, there are a lot worse QB's out there who would look even worse with our offense.

The only quarterbacks that may be worse are other team's third string quarterbacks.

You mention that he has lead this team to 11, 11, 9, and 10 wins.

Well, we've won 11, 11, 9, and 10 games a season with this offensive line and those wide receivers as well. I guess we should just drop out of the draft completely, since we have proven we can win games with what we have.

you're missing the point(s)

1) any and all upgrades are welcome AND needed. However, our biggest offensive problems (and overall) are #1 O-line #2 WR #3 QB......#4...the future of this team.

2) for all the trash talked about JF he is a professional, a good (although not great) QB, someone who works hard and has the respect of his teammates and I would be disappointed if he just let the dolphins annoint some FA / draft QB above him without him being fairly beat out. That is the attitude of a loser.

If our goal was to only win 9-11 games a year and get nothing, then yes we could drop out of the draft. However that is not what I said, nor implied or intended and that view on what I stated is to the extreme.

Jay can play somewhere else next year, so can Griese. I'll take rosenfels, rookie qb like Rivers, and a veteran free agent, like brunell or johnson.

That would be ideal. I only raised the possibility of our cards not being dealt to us the way we'd like.

Originally posted by dreadlockera

I never said BG was great but he really got the shaft from Wanny. In two games (against two of the top teams in the AFC) BG had his blind side left wide open. A rookie LT with less than 1 yr exp at the position against Kearse and Freeney without help. I think Montana would have Lucas like numbers in those situations. However it would never happen b/c Wanny would never be HC in SF (lucky us). I am NOT saying BG is great, good or should be our QB next year. I am saying that 4 games with terrible coaching and support does not make a situation that would allow us to judge his ability.

He had more than 4 games, he had Denver, and they let him go..Humm, I wonder why? I said this in the offseason and I'm still saying, BG was a mistake and no better than Lucas. He gave us nothing, NOTHING. Jay played behind that same line, with the same situations...My hat's off to Jay.

Originally posted by fin-atic

He shoots...he scores!

Nice point bigmiamifan.

Jay is a loser. The only way he should come back is to shag kicks in practice.

Come on fin-atic! There's a lot of things you could call Jay, but LOSER don't fit. 41-23 is not the mark of a loser.

Inaccurate, inconsistent...not a pro-bowler...I'll give you that. Loser!!!!I don't buy that.

Originally posted by themole

Come on fin-atic! There's a lot of things you could call Jay, but LOSER don't fit. 41-23 is not the mark of a loser.

Inaccurate, inconsistent...not a pro-bowler...I'll give you that. Loser!!!!I don't buy that.
people just don't seem to remember that!:rolleyes:

OMG....I've tried very hard to be as objective as possible about Fiedler...but I just got done watching ALOT of tapes and JEEEEBUS!!!!

1. He's going to end up getting Chambers a career ending injury.
2. If he stays and we don't DRASTICALLY improve Oline, he HIMSELF is gonna suffer a career ending injury.
3. He may wanna start wearing contacts...he seems to visually tune out defenders when making passes at critical moments.
4. Its a good thing we don't play against many teams that have a CB tandem like we do....else he'd have had MANY more INTs.

The guy plays with alot of heart and gives it his all, no doubt, but.....OUCH!

I also think our WR corps overall is better than they get credit for (except Chambers....everybody knows he's the BOMB). They made some nice catches on some poorly timed/thrown balls.

Back
Top Bottom