Keeper Combat: Chambers vs. Price | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Keeper Combat: Chambers vs. Price

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Keeper Combat: Chambers vs. Price
At this time last year, fantasy owners were buzzing with speculation over the newly created Michael Vick to Peerless Price hookup. Meanwhile, the same owners were not as optimistic about Chris Chambers' rebounding from his three-touchdown year. Yet at the end of 2004, Price had just three scores, while Chambers had reeled in a career-high 11 touchdown grabs.

Lets hope that every other year BS is just that for both Moulds and CC. Otherwise it would be a bad year for CC and great for Moulds.
The comparison is a bit scary when you consider the $$ Price got and that afct CC's contract is up next year. WE NEED TO RESIGN THIS GUY ASAP. I dont care if that means we trade wally for a handshake and a bag of nuts. :eek:

While I think it important to re-sign Wale, I have to concur that signing Chambers to a long term deal is significantly more important. It simply boils down to this. We've managed to field solid defensive ends opposite Taylor for a few years now (Armstrong, Wale), and have a few guys on the current roster that have potential to be/become solid players as well. However, we seemingly have great difficulty in finding good players at the WR positions. Why in the world would we let a great one leave?

If the choice boils down to keeping either Wale or Chambers, I have only one question: How do you say good-bye in Nigerian?

Ditto...

I really do like Wally, but by no way would I rather keep him over Chambers.

Oboy said:
Ditto...

I really do like Wally, but by no way would I rather keep him over Chambers.

Chambers/McMichael>>>>>>>>Wale

Sorry Wale, love ya, but not at the expense of our offense...

Maybe Dolfinatic should put this in his sig also :lol:
Jay Fiedler has an impressive 35-17 record as a starting quarterback in Miami. Such a record might lead you to assume that I'm pulling for Jay win the starting job over A.J. Feeley. Think again. Not only am I bored with Fiedler's erratic play, I'm also tired of seeing those gigantic ears of his.

I disagree, I'd keep Wale and drop Chambers.
I don't see why people would be so willing to get rid of a player who has already played GREAT versus one who is still riding on potential.
Playing opposite Jason does help but not as much as others think...we have had other DEs in that same position who didn't do NEARLY as well as OGUN. There is talent there that our defense needs.
Without it, someone will be yelling their heads off when Miami can't get to the passer....and I'll bet it will be one of you guys who are trying to sell Wale for a bag of beans.

LIQUID24 said:
Maybe Dolfinatic should put this in his sig also :lol:

:roflmao: :roflmao: and I love jay, but that was funny.

Superself said:
I don't see why people would be so willing to get rid of a player who has already played GREAT versus one who is still riding on potential.
IMO, the only reason Chambers seemingly hasn't reached his full potential yet is because of Fiedler's erratic arm.

Do the research bro, someone put the info up a couple of weeks ago. It pretty much showed that our defensive end play has totaled more or less the same number of sacks since Trace Armstrong was here. That's why we all rather keep Chambers than Ogun cause he's good but he's not vital to our succes. We lose one of our best offensive players and we are in deep doodoo. Our offense sucks as it is.:D

Superself said:
Playing opposite Jason does help but not as much as others think...we have had other DEs in that same position who didn't do NEARLY as well as OGUN. There is talent there that our defense needs.
Without it, someone will be yelling their heads off when Miami can't get to the passer....and I'll bet it will be one of you guys who are trying to sell Wale for a bag of beans.

Put a JT calibur QB or even WR oppostie CC and you will see why he is more important to the fins than Wally. Especially when our secondary is better and we could get more coverage sacks. If its a decision between the two its just not a decision.

DoLpHiNz34 said:
Do the research bro, someone put the info up a couple of weeks ago. It pretty much showed that our defensive end play has totaled more or less the same number of sacks since Trace Armstrong was here. That's why we all rather keep Chambers than Ogun cause he's good but he's not vital to our succes. We lose one of our best offensive players and we are in deep doodoo. Our offense sucks as it is.:D

Does anyone here remember Kenny Mixon?? :rolleyes:
Damn guys... Trace was a really good player...he hit double digits with Chicago 2x and Miami 3x....I guess that is ALL because of Jason Taylor huh?

Well back to Mixon...why did he not have over 5 sacks for a full year starting opposite Taylor if your theory is true?

I've done my homework, and it says that OGUN has 24 sacks over the past 2 years starting. 24 SACKS!
It also says that when Taylor was struggling last year, OGUN racked up sacks...then when offensive coordinators gave OGUN his respect, Taylor started to get more sacks....check out the stats, they don't lie. Taylor got most of his sacks toward the end of the year.

Superself said:
Does anyone here remember Kenny Mixon?? :rolleyes:
Damn guys... Trace was a really good player...he hit double digits with Chicago 2x and Miami 3x....I guess that is ALL because of Jason Taylor huh?

Well back to Mixon...why did he not have over 5 sacks for a full year starting opposite Taylor if your theory is true?

I've done my homework, and it says that OGUN has 24 sacks over the past 2 years starting. 24 SACKS!
It also says that when Taylor was struggling last year, OGUN racked up sacks...then when offensive coordinators gave OGUN his respect, Taylor started to get more sacks....check out the stats, they don't lie. Taylor got most of his sacks toward the end of the year.

Mixon was the run stopper. He was quite effective as a run stopper

Chamber had 11 TD and was open several more times only to have FIFI overthrow him. Chambers will be a top 5 Wr this year.I love OGun, the main thing here is Pat Surtain contract that could allow both Ogun and Chamber´s deals to be done this year. And Next year we save the 3.8 mill Fifi is stealing

Back
Top Bottom