Kelly Holcolm............ | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kelly Holcolm............

jimmyjam

Practice Squad
Reaction score
..........might be available via trade. What is he worth and what do you guys think?

From ohio.com:

Assuming Couch is back, Kelly Holcomb will probably be gone. ``We don't want another Holcomb/Couch thing,'' said the insider. ``I think there would be some strain if they both come back, although they handled everything great last year. Trading Kelly would tell Tim and the fans that we are really committed to him.''

• The Browns would shop for a veteran quarterback to back up Couch. It's possible they could sign someone such as Ricky Ray, who has been a star in Canada. As for drafting a quarterback, that won't happen in the first few rounds. They want to address some needs on the line first.

What was his upside again good arm decent abilities.

That isn't such a bad move if you sorround him with some good talent on the OL.

after cleveland fans called him "the holcomb experiment", i'm not so sure this solution is the answer to our problems. i think fiedler is better than holcomb anyway, my opinion.

I doubt it. Holcomb atleast has an arm.

Originally posted by texasPHINSfan
after cleveland fans called him "the holcomb experiment", i'm not so sure this solution is the answer to our problems. i think fiedler is better than holcomb anyway, my opinion.

Holcomb is the better QB, but he still isn't much of an upgrade. I'd rather trade for Ramsey(if Washington gets Brunell), or get Henson for the future.

Originally posted by texasPHINSfan
yes that is definately your opinion. id have holcomb over fiedler any day of the week,month,or year. but that is just my opinion.

Holcomb can hit his receivers deep. And just hitting your receivers deep makes a huge effect on your running game.

Originally posted by Jaj
Holcomb can hit his receivers deep. And just hitting your receivers deep makes a huge effect on your running game.
yes it does a HUGE affect on the running game the play calling and offenseive game plan

Holcomb tends to stare down wrs and rarely reads a D. If your analysis of a QB begins and ends with whether he can throw long then your understanding of QB play is very limited. Also it should be noted that when Collier mentioned the top 3 qualities a QB needed for success that arm strength was not in that group.

Well Fiedler doesn't have much accuracy either so Holcomb still wins. Oh and by the way the two QBs in this year's Super Bowl do have good arms. Fiedler doesn't.

The two QBs in the SB also read defenses very well, that's why they were there. JF has enough arm strength. The reason we need an upgrade is b/c he makes too many poor decisions and misses too many passes (accuracy).

No he doesn't. His hanging passes get his receivers killed. He has no touch, no accuracy, just heart and that does not do it.

Originally posted by Jaj
No he doesn't. His hanging passes get his receivers killed. He has no touch, no accuracy, just heart and that does not do it.

Yes, he does. In fact he has a stronger arm than other starters like Pennington and in the opinion of some Garcia (probowler). These other QBs are more successful b/c of better decisions and accuracy, but clearly their sub JF arm strength doesn't hamper them.

No he doesn't. His passes hang and he has no touch.

Overall Jay Fiedler is not as good as Holcomb.

It is hard to judge him or Couch. I watched most of the Browns games this year since i was living in ohio. They switched the two of them back and forth so much it was hard for them to get into a rythm some games Kelly looked very good and other games he looked horrible and the same goes for Couch. I dont know if it was the team that made them both play like this or if they both are just that inconsistent.

Back
Top Bottom