Kenny Stills improving | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kenny Stills improving

normaldude

Starter
Reaction score
This is Kenny Stills' first year with Tannehill & Lazor. And he was hobbled for much of training camp & preseason with a calf injury. As a new WR, it took some time for Kenny Stills to develop chemistry in the offense.

In contrast, Jarvis Landry & Rishard Matthews already had a full year playing with Tannehill & Lazor, so they were ready starting game one.

If you throw out the first 3 games, and just look at the last 5 games, Kenny Stills is averaging 20 yds / catch, and 52 yds / game.

If this continues, and if Lamar Miller & Jay Ajayi provide a good 1-2 RB punch, and Landry & Matthews continue their middle range receiving, then Kenny Stills could finally be that field stretching WR that we've been looking for.

http://www.nfl.com/player/kennystills/2540202/gamelogs

http://www.miamidolphins.com/multim...46-Yards/d0af2c3a-039c-4587-9b3c-e44f310ec65a

Landry, Stills and Parker are the 3 receivers next year. That is a strength of the team.

Landry, Stills and Parker are the 3 receivers next year. That is a strength of the team.

I agreed, Miller nd ajayi carrying the rocks should be exciting. Just fix Oline and lets ball!!!

Tannehill is the one that needs to improve. Stills has been wide open on several occasions but Tannehill has not recognized this.

That's an exciting WR corps to get behind. All three (at least for next year) are cheap and young. We need to invest in our secondary, LB's, interior OL, and find 2 new DE....Oh and re-sign Miller.

lol, at least there's one position that's relatively squared away....Is it at all possible that Suh's contract gets restructured this offseason??? $28M cap hit in '16....

Does anyone think matthews stays? Hes not gonna get mega money from anyone and it seems like him and tannehill have a good relationship, they came into the league together. I think matthews problem was with philbin. I think he felt like philbin never gave him a fair shot in camp. The way he has openly expressed how much he likes campbell really shows me he had an issue with joe. I would love to keep matthews if hes not a cap killer but if he gets a good offer from someone else i will understand and wish him the best. Hes w good player but with landry, parker and stills can you justify paying matthews with so many holes elsewhere? The answer is no.

When it comes to stills, i like him and would like to see him involved more from here on out. I feel like i barely notice when hes on the field. We should be sending him deep more often as well. Hes not a speed demon but he does have the ability to go deep and we should take more shots. You would think someone in lazors position would put all the cards on the table. Hes pretty much guaranteed to get fired at the end of the season and he isnt calling an explosive gameplan, its very conservative. Alot of short routes and screens. We need to spread the defense out, put 4 receivers out there with cameron on obvious passing downs. Its time to start going vertical and testing defenses. Wayne gretzky had a quote "you miss 100% of the shots you dont take" and that applies to the deep passes. If youre afraid to attempt them because youre afraid your not gonna complete it then you will never complete it. I know the qb needs time which he doesnt have but lazor needs to have some designed deep plays every game. Even if you dont connect you could possibly get a pass interference. If not and it falls incomplete hows that any worse than throwing a wr screen and losing 2 yards?

Hate to agree, but it looks like we jumped the gun with that extension....I've been a big Tannehill guy and don't think he's our biggest issue, but that's alot of money for a guy that isn't going to put the team on his back and win it for you.

Now it seems we're pretty cash strapped with a guy that has never been over .500. Again, I don't think he's our biggest problem, but he can't stretch the field, which greatly limits what an offense can do. That Houston game was fun, but almost all of the TD's (if not all) were because of YAC, not because of stellar QB play.

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

It all depends on money....we have plenty of other holes to fill. Also depends on how sure they are that they have something in Parker.

Matthews.....meh He rounds off routes and gets around a DB with an attitude. Failbin benched him for these reasons. meh

Back
Top Bottom