Kenny Stills Released | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kenny Stills Released

The drama wasn't between Flo and Kenny. I seem to recall that Kenny made a pretty explosive comment about owner Stephen Ross
I don't think Kenny gets a call because of the sensitivity of the politics from the top. However, he could be a low cost addition with upside.
Wasn't there an immature playing of Jay Z somewhere in there? Could sworn there was some friction. Meh, doesn't matter now. He's a free agent and we might or might not call him. Low risk is always good.... I see where you're coming from man.

Kenny is annoying but clearly a good guy; he does a lot for the community. With that said he is way too vocal about his politics and really isn’t a great player on the field. If we for some ungodly reason added him back, we would be wasting developmental snaps for our other guys.

I would've traded Williams for Stills straight up... Not even close... Wont happen but stills...

He is something we could use , not perfect but could make a big difference on our season

Every time a player is cut there are those here that want to pick him up, regardless of who it is. Those days are gone my friends, that ship has sailed. If we wanted him badly enough, we wouldn't have traded him in the first place. Let's be real, we all know why he was expendable in the team's eyes. Besides that, he didn't exactly set the world on fire once he got his new contract. He had a total of 553 yards in his final year, hardly worth writing home about. I'll be patient and wait till the draft to get a new WR...

For the guys who want to take a "flier" on him, which younger guy do you propose we cut to open a roster spot?

1. Kenny Stills played good football here and did a lot of good community work
2. He was traded bc he made too much money. Texans if you want Tunsil you have to take Stills too.
3. He was too similar to Fuller, Cooks, Coutee. Odd man out.
4. We'd be foolish not to give him a look if we are really that thin and want to win. Bet he lands on Packers, Pats or Ravens.

1. Kenny Stills played good football here and did a lot of good community work
2. He was traded bc he made too much money. Texans if you want Tunsil you have to take Stills too.
3. He was too similar to Fuller, Cooks, Coutee. Odd man out.
4. We'd be foolish not to give him a look if we are really that thin and want to win. Bet he lands on Packers, Pats or Ravens.
1. Yeah community work is great and he did a lot of that, unfortunately, we're not running a PR firm, it's a football team.
2. He made 8mil a year, relatively cheap for a WR and that was still too much for his production. I think calling out the team Owner publicly and his constant disruptions had a bit to do with it. The dude never sniffed a thousand-yard season and he was the go-to guy for years.
3. He may have been similar to them but he wasn't obviously better than them in eyes of the Texans. He's not on the same level as Fuller and Cooks. They kept a guy with 38 receiving yards over him, what's that say about him?
4. There is no need to give him a look, he was here for 4 years, I'm pretty sure they know all they need to at this point.

I know we traded him and he didn't necessarily fit in with Flores' culture. But we are desperate at receiver and would probably be cheap the rest of the season. Thoughts?

Ken

Why Kenny Stills? If we are going to bring in anyone let it be some new blood. It doesnt have to be a rookie, but someone new to the team.

Plus I am sure he and Flores had beed after that whole Jay Z fiasco. It wasnt said, but I am sure Kenny didnt appreciate it.

No thanks. He wasn't that good down here and the political stuff is too much of a distraction.

I don't see Ross wanting him back. Stills publicly ripped Ross for hosting a fund raiser. Shortly thereafter, he was gone. I doubt it very much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom