Kevin Garnett for Amare Stoudamire? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kevin Garnett for Amare Stoudamire?

They'd be dumb as hell not to trade him.

KG can and will opt for free agency after 2007-2008. What would be the point in keeping him for a year when you're not even close to contention, anyways? May as well get something for him now, albeit someone as good as Amare or Shawn Marion, or a truckload of young talent from a team like Boston in Gerald Green, Al Jefferson, etc.

Salary wise, sure. And if you can back McHale up into a corner, then sure. However, I don't like that deal one bit for Minnesota. They are really, really for the future right now. They're better off getting three pieces from a team like Boston like I mentioned with Jefferson/Green/#5 unless they are going to get a guy like Amare, or a package of young talent from Chicago.

I mean.....

-Randy Foye
-Al Jefferson
-Gerald Green
-Rashad McCants
-#5 & #7 overall

That isn't a bad rebuilding block at all. I'd go for either two of Brewer/Conley/Hawes. Latest says that Hawes has been guaranteed #7 overall, anyways.
What I was actually thinking was a three way deal involving Boston sending young talent to Minny, Phoenix getting KG and Marion and Thomas going to Boston...Although Boston would probably rather just have KG so what do I know..

KG and Pierce would be a nice one two combo. However would KG just be in the same situation in Boston? How much support is he going to get from the supporting cast? West at point is solid, but you dont have break away talent elsewhere really.

KG and Pierce would be a nice one two combo. However would KG just be in the same situation in Boston? How much support is he going to get from the supporting cast? West at point is solid, but you dont have break away talent elsewhere really.
Good point, I doubt KG would ok a trade to Boston...And I'm guessing West would have to be part of the deal anyways...

We know that Al Jefferson and #5 is included, but my question is what else? Is Rajon Rondo safe? Is Gerald Green for some ridiculously odd reason not guaranteed in the package? There are a lot of conflicting reports, but all have Jefferson & #5.

By the way, I thought I read somewhere that KG has no say in where he's traded. I could be wrong, but one of those superstars on the move (not Kobe) doesn't have the clause in their deal.

We know that Al Jefferson and #5 is included, but my question is what else? Is Rajon Rondo safe? Is Gerald Green for some ridiculously odd reason not guaranteed in the package? There are a lot of conflicting reports, but all have Jefferson & #5.

By the way, I thought I read somewhere that KG has no say in where he's traded. I could be wrong, but one of those superstars on the move (not Kobe) doesn't have the clause in their deal.
Its KG....Bryant has a clause in his contract that he can cancel any trade. But I still dont see KG going for Boston.

Even if he doesn't have a no trade clause, Im not sure they would trade him to another ****ty team...Here in Minny, everyone loves KG, and the only way the organization will be justified in trading him is if they use the "wanting to get him a championship" angle...If they trade him to some ****ty team, and don't get a superstar in return, the fans here will revolt...

Even if he doesn't have a no trade clause, Im not sure they would trade him to another ****ty team...Here in Minny, everyone loves KG, and the only way the organization will be justified in trading him is if they use the "wanting to get him a championship" angle...If they trade him to some ****ty team, and don't get a superstar in return, the fans here will revolt...

I agree. It would be a ****ed up standpoint, but sadly, this is a ****ed up business.

I was listening to ESPN radio this afternoon and one of their "experts" suggested a straight up trade with KG going to the Dallas Mavericks and
Dirk going to the Timberwolves. They make about the same salary and it
might be time for both of these guys to play elsewhere. :err:

Ummm ok who ever said that is really on crack. If I ever see Cuban trade Dirk I will be just shocked. He treats the guy like his son. I mean its VERY hard for me to believe that would ever happen.

dirk leaving dallas via trade? i doubt ill ever see that happen.

KG says no to Boston.

KG says he wants to goto the Suns

Dallas and Chicago are very interested in him.

[mod]Please keep in mind that we are a family forum, and that inappropriate posts are against the TOS[/mod]

Hows that Immature? He is a freaking retard, for not seeing what would happen in Boston. Nothing shocking, just the truth. THEY WOULD BE A SHOE-IN for the finals in the east.

KG IS A RETARD

Sounds like your bitter because KG knows how crappy Boston is.

I read that KG will be informed about any serious offers that the club receives, and would then be allowed to have a say in the club's considerations. He has been such a stand up guy for them, they think it is only fair to treat him with such respect.

Back
Top Bottom