Kick in the dirt | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kick in the dirt

dolphin_safe

Old Skool Baller
Reaction score
I don't know about the rest of you but I hate seeing the dolphins play on the dirt infield at Pro Player. I think it cost them against the Pats last season. I had a bad feeling when they we're driving for the potentially winning FG. I think Mare is intimidated by it. The O-Line has a hard time getting any push too. I thought Wanny shoulda picked to go in the opposite direction when they won the toss in OT. Hope the Marlins don't go all the way again this year for that reason.

The Marlins, last I checked, were hovering around a .500 average. I highly doubt they'll even make it to playoffs this year. So, good for us!

Stupid fish should get their own goddamn stadium.:mad:

Remember people, Dolphins are mammals. :D

Hey - I agree with you.

I think it makes a marquis franchise in one of the best leagues in the world look bush league.

And I certainly don't need to see dirt in HDTV. :)

It's Miami....it should all be GREEN.

marlins are only 3 games back. NL east is a tuff division so winning doesn't come easy in our division, winning doesn't come easy in baseball period. all teams are hovering a little above .500 but no team is less than 3 games back. The marlins came back last year they could do it again. Im a braves fan and obviously a fin fan so hopefully they don't win the division. The wild card probably won't happen for the marlins with teams like the giants, astros, and cubs in other divisions making a good late season push, so its probably safe if they don't win the division. Sorry about the baseball rambling just getting technical about the early season infield muck.

sorry forgot about the expos but they suck. They play half they're games in another country anyway so who cares about them. but the other 4 teams in the nl east are within 3 games so its close.

bmark549 said:
sorry forgot about the expos but they suck. They play half they're games in another country anyway so who cares about them. but the other 4 teams in the nl east are within 3 games so its close.

Doesn't matter one way or the other, the dirt will still be there at the begining of the year..only makes a difference in if it's an extended season for the marlins.

bmark549 said:
Thats why the Expos are packing up and leaving Montreal.

And, I still don't see the Marlins making it to the playoffs. They arent at the same caliber they were at last year. Philly and Atlanta are going to finish stronger, but hey, just my opinion.

Plus, the only team that is returning to the World Series is the Yanks. :D

[ If anyone cracks anything about pitching, I'll go crazy. :fire: ]

I don't remember the other teams having problems with the dirt. Patswin2002 is right, it does look bad in HDTV.

I wish I could afford HDTV. :tongueout

That shiz expensive.

Phinz4Life said:
Thats why the Expos are packing up and leaving Montreal.

And, I still don't see the Marlins making it to the playoffs. They arent at the same caliber they were at last year. Philly and Atlanta are going to finish stronger, but hey, just my opinion.

Plus, the only team that is returning to the World Series is the Yanks. :D

[ If anyone cracks anything about pitching, I'll go crazy. :fire: ]

As a Dodger fan, I must say thank you for Jeff Weaver, who has been outstanding for us ( I wish our bats would wake up when he pitched though ). Also, thanks for Robin Ventura who has already won at minimum two games for us with his bat. Thanks for also taking Tanyon Sturtze and Kevin Brown off our hands. How is his back by the way? :evil: :roflmao: :jk:

Samphin said:
Thanks for also taking Tanyon Sturtze and Kevin Brown off our hands. How is his back by the way? :evil: :roflmao: :jk:
:lol: No no, I'll laugh at that one too.

But, when Kevin Brown comes off the DL, he'll be a presence once again. And Tanyon Sturtze did a solid job today after Graman pulled us under with allowing 5 runs in the first.

Once we have health, we'll have a solid core of starters.

ok my question to all of you guys is this...dont you think that Olindo practices out of the dirt....so there is really no excuse. HE SHOULD KNOW as well as DW and the offensive and ST coaches know that he just might have to kick out of the dirt...granted it does make the kick harder, but it shouldnt have any bearing on the outcome simply because he know's he might kick out of it so he should or does practice out of the dirt

Phinz4Life said:
I wish I could afford HDTV. :tongueout

That shiz expensive.

That's OK - you're only 16. :lol:

Someday you'll have Super Duper HDTV of some kind.

tru mdfinfan about the early dirt and yes i do think atlanta and philly will finish ahead, hopefully atlanta, but yeah having the clay around in through october would not be fun for the line, olindo, or ricky's cut back running style, but it doesn't look like it will happen though

Back
Top Bottom