Kick in the dirt | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kick in the dirt

PatsWin2002 said:
That's OK - you're only 16. :lol:

Someday you'll have Super Duper HDTV of some kind.
Your damn right I will. After years on layaway.

I'm heading towards a career of journalism. Thats a step above begging.

Phinz4Life said:
:lol: No no, I'll laugh at that one too.

But, when Kevin Brown comes off the DL, he'll be a presence once again. And Tanyon Sturtze did a solid job today after Graman pulled us under with allowing 5 runs in the first.

Once we have health, we'll have a solid core of starters.

The thing is, and as a Dodger fan I have learned the hard way, Brown's back isn't getting any better. He will most likely come back and be solid to great for about 2-3 starts then hurt his arm/back/knee/ or even worse injure that huge chip on his shoulder.

I ronically, getting Weaver back was a salry dump move for us and he wasn't supposed to be anything other than to free up cap space and allow us a run at Vlad Guerrero. Now, early returns looks like L.A. may have come out ahead on the deal. Not smack, just my opinion.

While Sturtze did ok, he did allow 2 runs in the firs that ended up being charged to Graman. His inherited runners ratio probably isn't very good.

I am not a Yankee fan, but I sincerely hope you guys get Randy Johnson. I cannot stand the Red Sox, Angels or Giants and it would hurt the Dodgers big time if St. Louis got him. Honestly, I would love to see my Dodgers beat your Yanks in the series this year.

The only thing that would make my day more would be to sweep the Giants in the NLCS, then stomp the Red Sox in the finals. It would make me....oh so happy. :D

Samphin said:
I am not a Yankee fan, but I sincerely hope you guys get Randy Johnson. I cannot stand the Red Sox, Angels or Giants and it would hurt the Dodgers big time if St. Louis got him.
Thanks, I've been hoping for Johnson for as long as I heard the rumors. Just not sure what they can package. I'd guess Halsey, Navarro, and a draft pick of some sort. Not sure.

Phinz4Life said:
The Marlins, last I checked, were hovering around a .500 average. I highly doubt they'll even make it to playoffs this year. So, good for us!

Stupid fish should get their own goddamn stadium.:mad:

Remember people, Dolphins are mammals. :D

Hey man, watch what you say about my Marlins :mad:

They really do need to get their own stadium though...

The stadium conditions should be an advantage for the home team.The Fins need to include plays or tactics that take advantage of the dirt not regard it like an inconvenience or ignore it.

As far as the Marlins are concerned its not over until its over.Last year they were in similar circumstances until they added a couple of players and turned things around.

dolphin_safe said:
I thought Wanny shoulda picked to go in the opposite direction when they won the toss in OT.

First, about the dirt, the other team has to play in it too and they, no doubt had even less practice in it than Mare or the Dolphins, so in essence, it should be an advantage.

Second, so the Wanny bashers don't wet their panties, let's nip this little charade in the bud.

If you win the coin toss you have two choices, take the ball or decide which goal to defend. You don't get both. You didn't want him to defer the ball, did you?

inFINSible said:
Second, so the Wanny bashers don't wet their panties, let's nip this little charade in the bud.
:lol: You said nip in the bud. :lol:

No I wouldn't have opted to kick in OT. But Wanny had the same choice at the begining of the game and took the ball. In the 4th quarter we were driving into the dirt infield. Once there we passed, (I think they realized they couldn't run on the dirt). Turns out they can't kick or block on it either.
You would think it would be to our advantage - since we have the opportunity to practice on it...
How different things might have been if the phins woulda won that game?

CrunchTime said:
The stadium conditions should be an advantage for the home team.The Fins need to include plays or tactics that take advantage of the dirt not regard it like an inconvenience or ignore it.

As far as the Marlins are concerned its not over until its over.Last year they were in similar circumstances until they added a couple of players and turned things around.

As far as tactics go, perhaps while our Olinemen, and Dlinemen for that matter are down in a three point stance, they can grab a fistfull of dirt so when the ball is spiked the throw it right in the opposing players eyes. This would allow for a great pass rush or great blocking. What do oyu guys think? :goof:

Don't worry about the dirt... the Braves will win the division for the 13th straight year and the Phillies or Mets will get the wild card this time. Pro Player will be all green come game time for the Dolphins.

PhinSoldia said:
ok my question to all of you guys is this...dont you think that Olindo practices out of the dirt....so there is really no excuse. HE SHOULD KNOW as well as DW and the offensive and ST coaches know that he just might have to kick out of the dirt...granted it does make the kick harder, but it shouldnt have any bearing on the outcome simply because he know's he might kick out of it so he should or does practice out of the dirt
Actually the funny thing is last year after that game there was a HUGE uproar by media/fans, because it was found out tht Wanny WASNT making Mare practice in the dirt....actually thts not funny, its really sad:( .

Excuses.

Excuses and excuses, that is all us Dolfans have to hear from this lame coaching staff. If they are so worried about kicking the ball from the infield dirt, why doesn't Wanny's boy Jay lead the offense into the freakin' endzone? Then the cased is closed and game won for sure. Also, the Florida Marlins are the only organization that plays in Joe Robbie Stadium that has won championships, two of them! On the other hand, the Miami Dolphins have not won any since they moved to Joe Robbie Stadium. If the current trend and regime continues, they will not win any in the foreseable future, unfortunately.:confused:

Back
Top Bottom