Kiko to the Saints. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kiko to the Saints.

Losing a potential starting player for scraps, classic Dolphin moves. Smh

Lol, are you serious? Kiko is garbage and a complete bonehead. I feel for Brees. Last year the Saints were robbed of a SB appearance by the worst no call in NFL history. This year, they'll likely be robbed by some idiotic helmet to helmet hit by Kiko late in game.

I'm so glad he's gone. I'd have taken anything for him. He's a stupid, stupid, stupid football player.

According to Spotrac.com with the trade of Kiko Alonso, Miami now has 39 players under contract for 2020 with a Whopping $126M in cap space, before the $38M rollover from 2019. Combined it's a Ginormous amount of $164M. Jeez!!! Stephen Ross gonna have Wet Dreams!!!

If we didn't have to eat salary to make this trade happen, we'll have approx 36M this year & approx 130M next year. That's not including any rollover $ from this year or 11M or so of savings when Reshad Jones gets cut.

With all these salary dumps, the Dolphins are getting close to being below the 89% of the cap required by the NFL for the upcoming season. If they were able to unload Reshad Jones, they would more than likely have to add some contracts to meet the minimum.

Vince Biegel player for player trade.

With all these salary dumps, the Dolphins are getting close to being below the 89% of the cap required by the NFL for the upcoming season. If they were able to unload Reshad Jones, they would more than likely have to add some contracts to meet the minimum.

That's not how it works. It's a 4 year average. Here's an explanation that was posted regarding the Browns in 2018: "The 89% rule does not apply to a single season, but rather a span of four years. Therefore, it doesn't matter if the Browns spend less than 89% in 2017, or if they spend less than 89% in 2018. By the end of the 2020 season, though, the cumulative spending from 2017-2020 must be at least 89%. Therefore, if the Browns spend very little in 2017 and 2018, in order to meet the requirement in 2020, they would basically be forced to spend a lot of money in 2019 and 2020."

Back
Top Bottom